Has anyone seen this gameplay video?

STR8YAMS

Ok im trying to find a gameplay vid someone posted a few days ago, It was scorpion vs. subby and the guy was talking about his brothers new album on itunes or something like that.. they were both pretty good. Thanks alott

thanks for posting this up; got alot of footage on there, and they are pretty decent players

thanks for posting this up; got alot of footage on there, and they are pretty decent players

That guy makes me LOL up every time he misses a move or gets beaten by his brother! :)

Seriously, those videos are very entertaining, I'll stay tuned for when they'll get the full game.
I prefer to watch those matches over stale combo videos against unanimated opponents 1000 times, I just can't stand those stupid displays of reflexes.
Also I prefer players of this level (not pro but above average) over pros who just keep the opponent on place through hadoukens and stuff, it's times more fun to watch.

EDIT: also notice that doing more than one x-rays is possible, so keep yourself at peace about the same organ getting crushed twice...

Last edited:
^ he seems more like a defensive character than anything else...It'd be weird to me if he wasn't a little sluggish compared to the other 3...

That guy makes me LOL up every time he misses a move or gets beaten by his brother! :)

Seriously, those videos are very entertaining, I'll stay tuned for when they'll get the full game.
I prefer to watch those matches over stale combo videos against unanimated opponents 1000 times, I just can't stand those stupid displays of reflexes.
Also I prefer players of this level (not pro but above average) over pros who just keep the opponent on place through hadoukens and stuff, it's times more fun to watch.

EDIT: also notice that doing more than one x-rays is possible, so keep yourself at peace about the same organ getting crushed twice...

Reflexes are everything, though. But I know what you mean. X-rays shouldn't be done more than once unless you're going for a no defense, balls out strategy. Breakers are ESSENTIAL to survive. I cannot stress this enough. These guys are decent, don't get me wrong, but not on the "good" level yet.

Reflexes are everything, though. But I know what you mean. X-rays shouldn't be done more than once unless you're going for a no defense, balls out strategy. Breakers are ESSENTIAL to survive. I cannot stress this enough. These guys are decent, don't get me wrong, but not on the "good" level yet.

After watching this video thoroughly, I have come to the conclusion that these 2 players are above average, not quit pro yet because I saw a lot of missed opportunities to punish. I also noticed when they block a move leaving there opponent vulnerable to attack I sometimes see them executing a simple uppercut when they shouldve performed a nice air juggle. But I am sure they already realize this and they themselves know they had a lot of missed opportunities and are just sparring for now. Anyways good video, its hard to find some good fast paced action.

these matches between brothers really makes sub zero look like a good zoner/defensive fighter

and people complain Sub-Zero is too slow. U just need to know how to use him well like tht guy did.

^^ this.. when the dude does the ice clone and then proceeds to do the ground freeze that was nice little setup. a good player would know to jump OR jummp over the ice clone to attack but I bet it would work against most average players cuz you protect yourself and add ice to the ground all the way down the road.

and people complain Sub-Zero is too slow. U just need to know how to use him well like tht guy did.

^ he seems more like a defensive character than anything else...It'd be weird to me if he wasn't a little sluggish compared to the other 3...

This...

The Sub-Zero brothers (Noob and SZ) are keepaway/counter fighters...

With them, you need to anticipate and exploit the other fighter's moves...

Mind games are also VERY effective (Like dash to ice clone to trick up your opponents)

Mind games are also VERY effective (Like dash to ice clone to trick up your opponents)

This. My friend gets me once in a while dashing towards me and pulling off an Ice Clone. I always think he's being stupid by rushing me and I end up falling for it. Mind games are a big thing in this game.

People also need to realize they were playing best of 4 rounds not 3 so there was more time to build up the x-ray meter again and again. I still think SZ's ground freeze takes too long to pull off and had that guy playing as Mileena been better he could have gotten a lot of shots in, that move is almost useless IMO.