MK webseries cconfirmed to have close involvement from Netherrealm Studios and Boon

Sweetre15

In this press release here: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=76069&offset=10#commentLstTop

Kevin Tancharoen who directed and produced the popular, unofficial “Mortal Kombat: Rebirth” fan short, is bringing the same immersive directing style to this live-action digital series. Kevin Tancharoen who directed and produced the popular, unofficial “Mortal Kombat: Rebirth” fan short, is bringing the same immersive directing style to this live-action digital series. “Machinima is the perfect entertainment destination to premiere the series,” said Kevin Tancharoen, Director, Producer and co-writer of “Mortal Kombat: Legacy.” “They have a massive audience of gamers from around the world. We worked very closely with NetherRealm Studios and Ed Boon, and we’re now putting the finishing touches on the episodes. I’m confident we’ve stayed true to the Mortal Kombat lore and am hoping the fans will be blown away by what they see.”

Also as said before it will be an origin series developing the characters motivations for going to the tournament: Written by Kevin Tancharoen , Aaron Helbing and Todd Helbing, “Mortal Kombat: Legacy” is an anthology of nine live action shorts, and brings to life the motivation behind each character’s participation in the Mortal Kombat tournament. Each episode will provide never-before-revealed insights into characters featured in the upcoming videogame as well as the game’s universe.

i know alot of ppl are disapointed in this series because is more realistic rather than mystical but i say give it a shot, im realy looking forward to it mostly because of one of my favorite martial artist is in it MICHAEL JAY WHITE the guy thats playing (jax) if u dont know about him u better find out cause he's the best, who else can do a quadruple kick in mid air while wearing timberland boots lol. he did the movie spawn back in the day, he was in universal soldiers and look for blood and bone this guy is the shit. he has alot of movies out too so look for them.

i know alot of ppl are disapointed in this series because is more realistic rather than mystical but i say give it a shot, im realy looking forward to it mostly because of one of my favorite martial artist is in it MICHAEL JAY WHITE the guy thats playing (jax) if u dont know about him u better find out cause he's the best, who else can do a quadruple kick in mid air while wearing timberland boots lol. he did the movie spawn back in the day, he was in universal soldiers and look for blood and bone this guy is the shit. he has alot of movies out too so look for them.

Black Dynamite Son!

dont forget about black dynamite u jive turkey!!! ;)

I agree with you; it may not focus on the mystical side as much but that doesn't mean its gonna fail; I'm really looking forward to the series. Oh yeah, Michael Jai White is pretty awesome too. (Blood to Bone, Undisputed = awesome)

Not to mention his infamous cameo in The Dark Knight. I was so hoping for a damned fight scene with him :(.

Wait.....what are you guys talking about? the producers already confirmed that the fantasy will be intact on episodes about the FANTASY CHARACTERS.

Good grief people really know how to jump the gun.