Team Sp00ky wants to know what the MK community wants to see from our MK9 streams.

Arturo Sanchez

Sup TRMK! Posting here because as you guys probably all know, Team Sp00ky will be streaming MK9 nationals by PDP. Also, since we are streaming a lot of Evo qualifiers, MK9 will be there as well.

But if any of you guys watch us, we obviously have a background in Capcom/other miscellaneous fighters though we pretty much play everything. I'm not gonna front, obviously we don't have a heavy background in MK like you guys, so I'm just posting here because I want to know what the community wants/expects to see from us. It's in our best interest if we represent the community in a proper way even if we are not from said community, though it is a fighting game. I cant promise we can implement every idea, but we'll do our best. And obviously we're going to at least try to get competent in the game - doesnt necessarily have to be top player status, but at least enough to commentate or know what's going on. I don't want to be on the stream and not know what we're talking about, that is one of my pet peeves.

Obviously, the OG's of the MK community are always welcomed on stream, and if youre at a event that we will be at, hit us up - we're always looking for professional commentators. I already knew a few of the OG's on the EC but I would like ideas from everyone, since people will probably be watching on a national level.

We're thinking about doing a MK9 release stream on launch day like we did with other mainstream fighters that came out on launch day (like SSF4, mvc3, etc etc,) so we would really like to know what's up with the pulse of the community. Maybe we can get some OG's in on the action for our house stream as well, I think that would be sick.

Anyway, I hope you guys take the time to read this, and respond, I would really appreciate it. Take care.

- Sabin (is there any way I can change my nick lol? I used facebook connect, i hate using my real name as my nick on a forum lol.)

As long as the picture quality of the stream is good, and that you give a link to it later, then I'll be pleased.

That's awesome that you'll streaming the MK9 nationals at PDP as well as the Evo qualifying matches. Sadly I won't be in any tournaments (Gotta pay those bills), but I will be making sure to watch at least some of the streams.

If you're streaming a tourney, then the gameplay is pretty much all anyone wants to see. Being able to see tournament style competition is a plus for any serious mk player. Just dont spam the stream with behind the scenes stuff and stick with tourney matches.
+rep thanks for posting!!!

If you're streaming a tourny, then the gameplay is pretty much all anyone wants to see. Being able to see tournament style competition is a plus for any serious mk player. Just dont spam the stream with behind the scenes stuff and stick with tourney matches.

Now that I think about it, it would be good if you do mostly stick to the matches. Interviewing players before matches would be best, but doing it while the matches are being played would be pretty good to do as well. But if you're doing it during the matches, it should be where you have an audio-only interview while showing the matches.

Arturo FREAKING Sanchez!!!

It doesnt matter what yall are doing man, a Spookystream is always hella godlike!!!
Offcourse ive already seen a LOT of Spookystreams because i also play Capcomfighters, but like for real, Spooky is always working his ass off and does everything for the people watching the stream.
Talking about OG's i wonder if LI Joe wil pick this game up, i do think so cause he also raped in UMK3, but like i think there are going to be a lot of new players.
Even Justin Wong is going to train for the MK Vegas tourny..

I do think not a lot of people here on the forum knows Spooky and his streams because some hate Capcom, but i think they must let this go, its a different time then it was way back.
So within a minut i expect these people to be watching Spookysteams, watching people to get on blast and exposed, gheh..

Get yipes to commentate!!!

okay i know that's not going to happen

but like someone already said, Good stream quality is a must!

and 1 more thing, it's really annoying when i watch MVC3 streams and the commentators get all excited and scream into the mic

and it comes out like RHAHRHAURHFHHGHGHGRUAAHRUAHGHGHRAAHHH

but that's it though....

can't wait to see!!

All I ask is please don't degrade the game. Know, that this is a different fighting game. Seems like EVERYONE thinks in this generation that 'Competitive' or a good fighting game equates to a Capcom game, (SSFIV or MvC3). It's like people who claim Cod>All games, and people are to ignorant to realize other games potential and success because it gets overshadowed by trends and what's popular.

If you have people playing that aren't good at the game, do not currently have knowledge on high level play, game mechanics, etc, refrain from statements in comparison to SF or MvC3. It's so annoying. The people make it look boring and not tournament worthy, it's the players fault, do not blame NRS or MK franchise.

I highly suggest going and posting this on TYM (Test Your Might) as well.

Also, if you want a good knowledge on MK, have a word with 'After Dark Gaming', they just recently did a Casuals Stream and it had some intense fights. Take a look at the archive here.

http://www.justin.tv/r_e_l/b/282925936

i love team spooky's streams... they are always pretty hype... cant wait to watch this stream!

Thanks for the warm reception guys. I had no idea that some of you guys watched our streams actually. The last MK related thing we did was Seasons Beatings UMK3. I remember there were thousdands of ppl on the stream at that time and Shock was pretty happy, so I'm glad for that.

As far as us having bias because we are capcom players...well...actually, TS, while we stream Capcom games in the majority, are not just capcom players. Spooky came from Melty Blood. Josh is a Guilty Gear player and will play anything under the sun (literally.) I obviously come from a Capcom background but you know in this instance..it wouldnt really make sense for us to put MK9 on blast since were going to be working with PDP directly, would it? lol. Of course I want to make it hype as hell. Same for Min, he's a Capcom player, but he knows what it is. He'll be working as deputy streamer when Sp00ky needs to take a break.

Karried: I see, thanks for the advice. I know MK (even from the older games) is a completely polar beast compared to Capcom games. Of course we'll try to keep our comparisons to a minimum. Just remember Team Spooky prides itself on being real, so human emotions/and what youre (we are thinking) while playing are definitely part of the equasion. This would only apply to a house stream or casual event..but of course during a tournament it would be all business. None the less, of course since we are trying to cater to you guys, we will all try to keep that in mind.

Thanks for the link, this is actually really helpful and something I wanted to see. Do you have links to other MK streams of high level play? Would love to see how the community does things.

The Marshall: Yipes is one of the best commentators period IMO. If he likes the game and actually gets into it then I wouldn't mind having him commentate lol.
Also as for commentary being really loud when hype stuff happens...lol..i mean its a tourney bro its hard to keep your emotions in check when crazy stuff happens. haha. of course, noted.

Maps: Thanks for that. Yeah, I think stream quality will be the last thing that you have to worry about when it comes to Team Spooky, so dont worry about that. This was generally just to get the community vibe on things and I've gotten a lot of good feedback so far.

DeadDogsEye: Yeah, of course since we are tourney players ourselves, so we know what people want to see. Thanks for the suggestions!

DannyDarkside: Yeah, last I talked to LI Joe, he said hes in there 100% lol. And MK9 is going to be at East Coast Throwdown 3 (which again were streaming lol) so you can be sure that there will be MK9 representation on the stream.

Thanks for the opinions guys I really appreciated it. If you have more just keep them coming. I'll do my best to study up on the game on the side as well. I don't know if I'll be any good or not though haha

All you really need for a great stream is showing as much gameplay as possible, at the best quality possible, with good commentators.

Get all those three things together and you've got yourselves a kickass stream.

This has literally made my day.

As long as the MK9 stream is on par with the other great streams we've seen from spooky I'll be pumped. I'm just so happy to see that MK9 is being taken seriously!

At the moment I do not, have much access to high level play for MK9. That stream was done for fun, from the Test Your Might Community. Though it also represented the competitive aspect of it. Recognized MK players such as Krazie Bone, and some others participated in that stream. There was even a mini 'tournament' later on during the stream. It was intense, there were some nice comebacks in there too. It is the best source for high level play information. Justin Wong himself just recently registered there, and the community welcomed him with open arms. The group planning on hosting future MK9 team is After Dark Gaming.

The Combo master himself, (Check4900), is also quite active there. Here is his Youtube Link where he showcases his Combos. http://www.youtube.com/user/CHECK4900

Another great player as well: TylerLantern http://www.youtube.com/user/TylerLantern

Be sure to check out his newest Expert Arcade Ladder Run through. Where he showcases what he has learned.

Visit http://ultimatemk.com/ for latest Tournament news regarding Mortal Kombat.

And for fun check out last years Road to Evo UMKIII Tournament

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEhvXp1ByqM&playnext=1&list=PL9A373D9663B50DAA

Hey Sabin, nice to see you here and reaching out to the MK community!

MK9 marks the return of MK to the competitive scene. Many players that abandoned the series after UMK3 are taking notice. However, a lot of the younger players are still thumbing their nose at this game because of its reputation and because it plays differently than the more prevalent Japanese fighters. As influential players in the competitive scene, you guys have the opportunity to open some eyes.

MK has always been very accessible, but that aspect does not equate to a lack of depth. NRS has really stepped up the fighting system with this iteration, and it would be great if your streams can demonstrate this. Accordingly, I would definitely appreciate some emphasis on the technical aspects of the game and the high level strategies involved. Take us to school and give us a lesson on why MK deserves more respect.