The one thing I hate about MORTAL KOMBAT..

@ MileenaK - oh ok, my bad

@ .:Reptile:. - Here's your taunt button inputs for a "certain someone" http://twitpic.com/4c92dr/full

...click "< Back to photo page" at the top...and you'll see that, that pic is directly from Ed Boon's twitter pics he posted

I am confused. This looks like a moveset for Pauly D. LoL. Who is it supposed to be? Is it supposed to be the X box exclusive character? Are is it supposed the character mentioned above with the fake pics? Sorry guys I am lost

I've always said they should combine taunting with the stance switch button. That way when you press it, you taunt, and switch stance. That way stance switching at least has a purpose.

I am confused. This looks like a moveset for Pauly D. LoL. Who is it supposed to be? Is it supposed to be the X box exclusive character? Are is it supposed the character mentioned above with the fake pics? Sorry guys I am lost

It isn't for an Xbox exclusive character, because it shows the PS3's square button right next to the 360's X button (Basically, the button for Front Punch in both systems).

It might be just another joke from Boon, but it might also be a preview of a list of moves for...

Spoiler:
Shao Kahn. Which would indicate him as being playable and that you can do each one of his individual taunts with button commands.

I hope it's for real.
The one thing I would love to do is main Kahn just for the awesome taunt ability.

It isn't for an Xbox exclusive character, because it shows the PS3's square button right next to the 360's X button (Basically, the button for Front Punch in both systems).

It might be just another joke from Boon, but it might also be a preview of a list of moves for...

Spoiler:
Shao Kahn. Which would indicate him as being playable and that you can do each one of his individual taunts with button commands.

Cool, thanks. I don't know why I did not realize the Playstation buttons.

I love stuff like Sektors laugh after he uppercuts you and Johhny Cage's taunts as he elbows you into the sky!!

...but UGH pleaseeeee avoid the hell-trap of too frequent "taunts" that is a evident example in MvC3...every two seconds "PHOTON BEAM!!...PHOTON BEAM!!...PHOTON BEAM!!" Could you image if every time you did a special move your kombatant said something like Scorpian's trademark. Example: Imagine Sub-Zero going "Freeeeeeeeeze Balllllllll !!!" every time he used ice ball. God...what a nightmare..I think I would perform a Hari-Kiri rather than go onto round 2 and deal with something horrible like that inferno nightmare!

Thats why I said taunt button. It's something I loved in Soul Calibur, but then again..yes those battlefields are bigger. I'll tell you one thing though..I would probley use eX moves if all they did was just make you stand still and do a taunt while it forced your enemy who you just hit with the move stay on the ground a little while longer mabye like shaking their head while you did the taunt.

..but UGH pleaseeeee avoid the hell-trap of too frequent "taunts" that is a evident example in MvC3...every two seconds "PHOTON BEAM!!...PHOTON BEAM!!...PHOTON BEAM!!" Could you image if every time you did a special move your kombatant said something like Scorpian's trademark. Example: Imagine Sub-Zero going "Freeeeeeeeeze Balllllllll !!!" every time he used ice ball. God...what a nightmare..I think I would perform a Hari-Kiri rather than go onto round 2 and deal with something horrible like that inferno nightmare!

Those aren't taunts. That's just the characters calling out the names of their special attacks. The select button is used for taunts.

No way should they have back to block like in streetfighter. I mean, Mortal Kombat without a block button just isn't Mortal Kombat, it would completely change how the game plays if you took the block button out.

If you're coming from a Streetfighter background, don't worry too much, it wont take you too long to get the hang of it. I have a friend who had never played any iteration of Mortal Kombat ever (I know, crazy right?!?!) but had played tonnes of SF4 and MvC3. We bashed away at the demo and after like an hour he already had his head around the block button and was bringing it.

Embrace the block button, its the far superior way to block anyway :p

I don't think you should hate Mortal Kombat though because taunts aren't that important, considering the amazing graphics, fatality's and story line that's just my opinion.

IMO Fatalities (and Friendships if they're in) are already big enough of a taunt, an actual taunt button isn't really necessary.

It WOULD be a lot of fun, though.