OFFICIAL MK9 CUSTOM SOUNDTRACK for PS3

I appreciate the time you took to do this for us, thanks :)

Your welcome! My whole purpose of this was to contribute something WORTHY to the Mortal Kombat fan base! And I hope this NEW custom MK9 Soundtrack will create a more rich and better fighting experience for you! Not that Dan "Toasty" Forden is a bad composer... HE'S AMAZINGGGGGGG! One of the BEST in the industry, I personally believe! But for some very VERY odd reason... the music he did this time around just wasn't "up to par and exceeding" as his usual MK tracks are! There are a few though that I give him credit for!

Well anyways, enough ranting! Only a few more hours to go until I have my hands on the WORLDS GREATEST FIGHTING GAME OF 2011 - And possibly forever on... well until they release Mortal Kombat X (10)! Muhahahah!

Cheers bro!

;)

dooope, thanks for your hard work man!

Your welcome man! Enjoy! Add me up! PSN: MKvsDCU, we'll have some online matches with our new awesome background music!

;)

OMG! EVERYONE! I have just seen videos of "BABALITIES" in the new MK9... I didnt think they would put this in the game... At first, I was like"WTF! NOT THIS CRAP AGAIN!..." But honestly, the babalities are GREATTTTTTTTT! I love em'! Really cute, ALL have different animations, and I think its fantastic!

But what was the point of all this you may ask?... Well....... That means that I need to make a "CUSTOM BABALITY" track for all of you! So I'm headed over to the Studio... one LAST time... and I shall be back in about 1 hour with a new custom "BABALLITY" track for all of you to add to this AMAZING custom soundtrack!

See you all shortly! Cheers!

;)

Im almost done you guys, Im also remixing that Reptile theme song by Skrillex. Hope you all enjoy that as well! Cheers!

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm almost done you guys, I'm also remixing that Reptile theme song by Skrillex. Hope you all enjoy that as well! Cheers!

;)

Hey everyone. Alright, the "BABALITY" track is now complete. Please refer back to the first page of this thread and look for the download link, under the "UPDATE" section. Also included in the *.RaR is a new version of the Reptile song created by Skrillex. I remixed it myself and replaced all of his chosen UMK3 voices with that of MK: Shaolin Monks. Enjoy!

Cheers!

;)

guys i have my copy of mk since friday and i have bad news.......we can't play music ingame =(

Bahahah! Your jokinggggggggggg!

;P

Bahahah! Your jokinggggggggggg!

;P

Actually your right... I guess the final build did not include custom-soundtrack option... Wow, I feel so stupid right now!...

Well I still wanna thank everyone for their feedback and this was still a SUPER FUN project for me... Don't delete the songs though, you never know if NRS will release a patch to fix this, seeing as how the demo supported it and the FINAL build should have as well!

Thanks everyone, and take care!

Cheers

:D

Actually your right... I guess the final build did not include custom-soundtrack option... Wow, I feel so stupid right now!...

Well I still wanna thank everyone for their feedback and this was still a SUPER FUN project for me... Don't delete the songs though, you never know if NRS will release a patch to fix this, seeing as how the demo supported it and the FINAL build should have as well!

Thanks everyone, and take care!

Cheers

I seriously hope they will release a patch to play the custom music. A lot of the BG songs aren't that good and I was looking foward on using your epic songs.

I seriously hope they will release a patch to play the custom music. A lot of the BG songs aren't that good and I was looking foward on using your epic songs.

I know what you mean man... I cant even stand playing MK9 right now because I was soooooo set on using these tracks for the game... So upset, you have NO IDEA bro...

:(

you did a great job, i have your custom soundtrack on my pc waiting for a patch =)

Thank you for your interest in my custom soundtrack... I honestly do hope that they release a patch for the game to allow customization of the music... Is there any news yet that you have heard that will allow our custom soundtrack to be used?...

Thank you for your interest in my custom soundtrack... I honestly do hope that they release a patch for the game to allow customization of the music... Is there any news yet that you have heard that will allow our custom soundtrack to be used?...

Start tweeting @MK_MortalKombat @Noobde @Hecterrific (I'm like 90% sure those are spelled right) begging for them. I will but the more the more likely!

Start tweeting @MK_MortalKombat @Noobde @Hecterrific (I'm like 90% sure those are spelled right) begging for them. I will but the more the more likely!

I already tried tweeting to Noobde.. but no response... THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! How can they say that they "officially announce" the custom soundtrack feature, and then take it AWAY FROM US in the final build of the game!?!?! I honestly love Mortal Kombat to death... but seriously, I cannot stand Dan Fordens music this time around... and to be honest, I havent even played the game since I bought it! I AM WAITING FOR THE FEATURE TO BE ENABLED before I even pick up the damn controller! I swear to god!

Wow... not only does the custom soundtrack feature NOT work... but when I "PRESS START" to access the main menu (when you first put the game into the PS3)... It freezes and I have to turn off the system and turn it on again. So far, out of the 15 times I have tried to play the game, I have only been able to get past the "PRESS START" screen ONLY twice! I bought a game for $84.00, and I cannot even PLAY IT!?!?! WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF?!?!?!

Ya i thought they were gna have the custom soundtrack as well but WTF its was OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED IDK wat they are doing!!!

Wow... not only does the custom soundtrack feature NOT work... but when I "PRESS START" to access the main menu (when you first put the game into the PS3)... It freezes and I have to turn off the system and turn it on again. So far, out of the 15 times I have tried to play the game, I have only been able to get past the "PRESS START" screen ONLY twice! I bought a game for $84.00, and I cannot even PLAY IT!?!?! WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF?!?!?!

And my MK is skipping horribly, I dont know why so I had to take my ps3 in for repairs!!!!!!! and the game works perfectly on my friends PS3 How do I weet ed boon about the custome soundtrack

And my MK is skipping horribly, I dont know why so I had to take my ps3 in for repairs!!!!!!! and the game works perfectly on my friends PS3 How do I weet ed boon about the custome soundtrack

I'm not sure bro, but I want to ask him the sameeeee thing! They should not "officially announce" something and leave it out... I would rather them have skipped "Babalities" all together then NOT adding in the custom soundtrack feature...

Is anyone using this custom soundtrack for the X-Box 360 version of the game? Let me know your thoughts... Does it match well with the game?

Is anyone using this custom soundtrack for the X-Box 360 version of the game? Let me know your thoughts... Does it match well with the game?

Hey what up! just letting you know that we are using your custom soundtracks on the Xbox360 version of MK. We had no choice but to go for the 360 because of Sony's networking problem AND its stupid idea to disable the custom music function in this game.

It's ****ing awesome, it completely changes how the game is played and makes every battle epic as ****!!

Alright, thought I would let you know this so at least your efforts and hard work were not in vain.

I also bought the xbox 360 version as well and I am listening your your soundtrack with some of my own and its so awesome!!!!!!!!!

Hey what up! just letting you know that we are using your custom soundtracks on the Xbox360 version of MK. We had no choice but to go for the 360 because of Sony's networking problem AND its stupid idea to disable the custom music function in this game.

It's ****ing awesome, it completely changes how the game is played and makes every battle epic as ****!!

Alright, thought I would let you know this so at least your efforts and hard work were not in vain.

Thank you so much for you positive feedback! Hahhaa, unfortunately I am using the PS3 version of the game! I even went so far as buying another $500 sub-woofer JVC Home stereo system to take advantage of my custom made soundtrack! So that makes 2 stereo systems connected to the game. 1 system plays in AUX mode (which plays the sound from the TV directly to my JVC Gigatube system) so I only hear the announcer, speech, and ambient sound (background music is set to NONE), and the 2nd system is used for the custom soundtrack! All I did for that was burn an MP3 and set the CD to "shuffle" while playing! The cool thing though about this is that when I want to use the "Fatality" tracks, I don't have to press the "PS" button and go through the options to select it. All I have to do is press "skip" to the desired "Fatality" track, and then once its done playing it just skips to another random track! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.... was it worth it to spend another $500?!?! Yes and No. Yes, because it makes the PS3 version more phenomenal! And No, because it ran me another $500 out of my pocket! The things I do for Mortal Kombat... lol

I also bought the xbox 360 version as well and I am listening your your soundtrack with some of my own and its so awesome!!!!!!!!!

Hope its fun for you bro

This CUSTOM SOUNDTRACK also works for Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe on the PS3 and XBOX-260 (lol)! Just so you all know...

;)

Very, very nicely done. Skrillex + Mortal Kombat = Umm ..?

..Jesus I can't think of a word that combination equals.

Very, very nicely done. Skrillex + Mortal Kombat = Umm ..?

..Jesus I can't think of a word that combination equals.

Hahah, thank you! I have actually just finished yesterday creating a newer FINAL version of this soundtrack (just in-case they release a PS3 patch to allow custom soundtracks...fingers crossed...! Hahaha, I'm sick of using 2 separate sub-woofer stereo systems simultaneously to enjoy the game as it was originally intended! ). I have removed many of the tracks and also increased the quality on a lot of them too (ie. Skrillex's Reptile Theme, etc..)! Also I have added a few extra NEW tracks in as well and fixed up all the "FINISHER" tracks! I will update the main original post when I am done with mediafire download links.

Cheers

Last edited:
Just got done listening to your soundtrack and it is amazing!!!
Although i kinda wish the songs was longer imma be rockin out to this soundtrack as long as i play MK.
Great quality, great job!
Kudos!