My GameStop NOT having Midnight Release!

MileenaK

I just found out at 3 of my local Gamestops here in San Diego that they are not having Midnight releases... So the only way for me to get it is on 4/19/11 at 7am at Walmart (because they open earlier than any other store). Is your gamestop having the midnight release?

Last edited:
Re: GameStop NOT having Midnight Release!

That's a bust, maybe I should checkout my local Gamestop in Fullerton.

Thats just...Wow. Since 2 other games are coming out that same day you figured they would have a midnight release. But yeah the one here is having a midnight release. I'll be leaving around 10:30pm so I can talk to my friends who work there for a bit and hopefully pass the time by instead of just staring at the clock every minute or so at home.

I live in Vegas, so far the 3 gamestops that I am aware of have midnight releases.

my gamestop said it depends on pre-orders. but the good news is that my gamestop holds all its midnight releases for itself and the other one thats in the mall so that doubles our chance of having a midnight release.

you really should re-title this "MY gamestop is not having a midnight launch"

I live in a suburb around Chicago, IL...I'll have to call and check with mine, but the guy said before that he's gonna try to have a midnight release, he said it depends on how many pre-orders they get

wow you guys are lucky!

btw, spine_ripper: i checked the two on broadway street, the one in front of costco and the one in front of walmart, and the one on palm ave where the bank of america and cvs are :( let me know if the one u talk about will have it pleasee!

I live in a suburb around Chicago, IL...I'll have to call and check with mine, but the guy said before that he's gonna try to have a midnight release, he said it depends on how many pre-orders they get

Birthplace of MK they should have it there.

For anyone in the South Chicago Suburbs - I preordered a KE from Gamestop, the one in Tinley Park, 159th Street and Harlem. I had two store members confirm their midnight release. They said they are mainly doing it since Portal 2 also launches that day. Hope this can help anyone in my general area.

Yeah, title is very misleading and is tripping out a lot of members as weve seen so far.

Canada never has Midnight openings for a certain game unless its FPS's that have huge amounts of hype surrounding it.

sorry for the misunderstanding guys, i meant to say that i havent found any midnight releases in san diego, but i can't change the title. My apologies.

I know for sure my neighborhood Gamestop is having one. So. Cal. The manager there just got promoted, so he's going all out! He's building an MK9 shrine(so far it looks pretty awesome)and anyone who pre-ordered it is welcome to join the MK9 live tournament, which begins at 8:00 p.m. on Monday, April 18th! The live matches will take place right in the store of course. It will be played on a 42 inch flat screen tv at 1080p hosted by the PS3! Rules are there are no sudden deaths, you will get 2 chances, on the 3rd strike you're out. The 1st place prize winner will receive an official MK9 strategy guide(no, not the limited edition version-but that would be even cooler if they did!), if you already have the limited edition guide pre-ordered, then he said that they will knock off the cost of the regular guide to go towards your purchase. 2nd place will be store credit.(don't know exactly how much) And I don't know what you get for coming in 3rd. Possibly a swift kick in the ass right out the front door!LOL!
Depending on how many pre-orderers sign up, will determine how long the MK9 tournament will last. If it ends before 12 midnight the manager said that we will still be able to keep playing, but just for leisure of course.
I love my neighborhood Gamestop! I'm soo glad I took the night off work from my job for this, I can't wait!!

Mine's having a midnight release. One of my best friends (who works at the Gamestop in Indiana, PA) texted me on Saturday and told me that they are having one. I'm so freaking pumped.

You know what, you may because I live right across the street from that shopping center.

WOAH. I'm there almost every other day. You srsly blew my mind into pieces just now. Did you order the tk,ke, and ke strategy guide? Because one of the workers there told me that someone besides me did too!

I know for sure my neighborhood Gamestop is having one. So. Cal.

Which one in socal?