Mortal Kombat vs Killer Instinct

E-WrecK

Two of the greatest fighting games from the 90's and about the only two with fatalities.

Would rare and nettherealm studios ever do it?

would you play it? would it live up to the hype? team MK or team KI

thoughts? discussions? comments

Attachments

• doyouhavetheinstinct.jpg
    doyouhavetheinstinct.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 52
  • mortalkombatbychamakoso_2.jpg
    mortalkombatbychamakoso_2.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 30
I do not think there will ever be crossover like this and perhaps it shouldn't be.
Both games have different style of gameplay even if some features are shared. Both titles have cool combatants, same archetypes in both of them.
Glacius - Sub-Zero, Fulgore - Sektor, Jago - any ninja or Reiko, Riptor - Reptile...
It would be great to see this, but I am affraid, that both games together would be neither... There will always be those, who say "BOO".

I prefere to hope that Killer Instinct will one day rise again, like MK or SF, on its own...

Edit: Crossovers are allways kind of weird... Look at MKvsDC. I actually enjoyed that, it was different, but not bad.

I don't see it happening. If Microsoft wanted to bring KI back, they would've already done it. Also, I doubt WB would want an Xbox-exclusive MK game, which is what MK vs. KI would have to be.

Slight correction... there were a good number of 90s era fighting games with fatalities.
- MK
- KI
- Primal Rage
- Samurai Shodown
- Time Killers

Just to name a few.

I would :D love both of them. btw there has been talk and also hints about a KI3.. too bored to search for a link though

I would think there would have to be a proper reboot of the KI franchise before we see anything like this. Sure it was a fun game back in the day, but I doubt it will ever come back. Maybe a proper port of the original arcade game, but other than that I doubt anything will surface. That is, of course, if there is a monstrous amount of hype and demand.

I'd rather see a SF vs MK imo.

I would rather Killer Instinct become re-established as a series. Release KI and KI2 on XBL and PSN and get to work on KI3...that'd be my strategy.

If they allow the killer instinct characters to be dismembered and blown up then yea i'm all for it but if its like MK vs DC then don't even bother...

I loved KI. So many teases with KI3. And It never happened. So sad...

The idea has been kicked around recently, but it wasn't anything concrete, just hints and speculation.

You never know, though. Now that MK is back, KI3 might get jump started.

Personally I've always loved KI1 slightly more then MK2. TJ Combo was the shiznitz in the arcade. Plus doing a shadow ultra on somebody who wasn't expecting it was priceless.

A fan made this cover sometime last year I think. There aren't any good KI pics which is why Fulgore looks rough.

27770_mortal_kombat_vs_killer_instinct.png

Rare has done nothing but go down the sh**er ever since they were purchased by Microsoft.. I had so much respect for them back in the day (sorry about the rant) I don't think we will ever get a new Killer Instinct but if Mortal Kombat sales are through the roof than Microsoft will have to take notice.

If this were possible (which I doubt) how would the gameplay would be like? I hear a lot of people say KI and MK go well together while ignoring the fact they play quite differently.

In order for a MK vs KI to work, RARE needs to purchase the character rights from Nintendo, and then make a Killer Instinct 3. Then a MK vs KI could take place.

hey great post!! i had completely forgotten about killer instinct. heck yeah that would be super rad if they did it. ki also had the combos like mk3 so i think it could work. plus they both have a lot of blood and fatalities. this is the best cross over idea yet! when i was younger i always thought mk should do battle with the guilty gear universe. they both have some crazy characters blood and finishing moves. either that or they could do a fist of the north star cross over. i was watching it online and was like" holy sh**!! these guys are brutal" imagine kenshiro vs liu kang. that could be pretty awesome. well that is if you ever saw that japanese cartoon. i don't know sounded cool to me.

its a lot of crying about "omg the gameplay would be to different to work" hello street fighter x tekken, and tekken x street fighter are both coming out to incorporate the fighting engines of both games. imo the gameplay mechanics wouldnt be that big a deal

KILLER INSTINCT KICKS ASS!

all i play is KI, KI GOLD, MK TRILOGY, and MKII

a crossover would be EPIC but i would be happy just to see a KI-3
i hope they also release both, KI and MK in HD for Xbox Live