Steve Ritchie MK2 vs MK3

Cyndrix

Something always puzzled me and I want to know if anybody else ever noticed.

I loved the voice job Steve Ritchie did in MK2. He revisited the Shao Khan role in MK3, but I was always bothered by the voice in MK3 and UMK3.

I don't know...it just seems like the voice was more muffled and less clear, and had less of an evil growl to it.

Maybe I'm insane. Has anybody else ever noticed that he sounds less scary in MK3?

I always wondered if it was just my imagination since I loved MK2 and hated MK3. Does anyone know if he revoiced everything for MK3, or if they recycled some of his samples from MK2? It sounds to me like he revoiced it all, but I know I might be crazy.

I still liked his work a lot in MK3, but "Fatality" and "Finish Him" definitely sound a lot less menacing

But honestly, MK3/UMK3 in general doesn't really have the same atmosphere at all that MK2 had

Interesting... It's true what you said. There's a difference between the voice of MKII and MK3/UMK3. I was listening both and yeah, the MKII voice is more "deep" than the MK3/UMK3 version. Specially the "Fatality" and "Flawless Victory" advert.
The voice wasn't recycled, Steve Ritchie made it again. You can notice that for the tone and the time of the phrases. And you can confirm it with this: (1:13, please)

Nice find! :)

I have to disagree with those of you that prefer the MKII Steve Ritchie voiced parts. I think in MK3 his voice had a velvety-smooth quality that with his voice almost makes him sound MORE evil.

The problem with his voice in MK3 is that Khan wasn't as interactive as he was in MKII. It was great in MKII when Khan would walk over to your KO'd body and mock you. He had better and more varied taunts in MKII, as well. I hate that he gets cut off when switching rounds after beating you in MK3. Just another sign of the rushed BS in MK3.

It was great in MKII when Khan would walk over to your KO'd body and mock you. He had better and more varied taunts in MKII, as well. I hate that he gets cut off when switching rounds after beating you in MK3. Just another sign of the rushed BS in MK3.

But those are just lines, not voice. Although I do agree on that. His lines were the shizz.

It was great in MKII when Khan would walk over to your KO'd body and mock you. He had better and more varied taunts in MKII, as well. I hate that he gets cut off when switching rounds after beating you in MK3. Just another sign of the rushed BS in MK3.

But those are just lines, not voice. Although I do agree on that. His lines were the shizz.

The problem with his voice in MK3 is that Khan wasn't as interactive as he was in MKII. It was great in MKII when Khan would walk over to your KO'd body and mock you. He had better and more varied taunts in MKII, as well. I hate that he gets cut off when switching rounds after beating you in MK3. Just another sign of the rushed BS in MK3.

I actually agree with this as well. Basically there are good and bad things about both Steve Ritchie Shao Kahn parts. In a perfect world, we'd have his MK3 voice with the MKII implementation of it.