Sleep Troubles????

liukang234

When I'm excited for something, I usually have sleeping troubles. That being said, since the beginning of the month, the anticipation of Mortal Kombat 2011 has kept me up since the beginning of April. I will be plagued with sleep troubles until release day, getting worse every day. Has anybody else been suffering this?

heh, yeah....i'm not so excited for MK that it keeps me up, but i check this site like 10 or more times a day for any new tiny amount of news on the game, not that there is much to know anymore, hehe.

i'm usually kept up because i sometimes feel like i'm on a roller coaster when i close my eyes...idk why, but every time i fly (i'm a pilot) OR ride a roller coaster, later that night, in my sleep, or while falling asleep, i get feelings like im falling...lol like im STILL on the coaster or in turbulence.

am i weird? lol ;p

heh, yeah....i'm not so excited for MK that it keeps me up, but i check this site like 10 or more times a day for any new tiny amount of news on the game, not that there is much to know anymore, hehe.

i'm usually kept up because i sometimes feel like i'm on a roller coaster when i close my eyes...idk why, but every time i fly (i'm a pilot) OR ride a roller coaster, later that night, in my sleep, or while falling asleep, i get feelings like im falling...lol like im STILL on the coaster or in turbulence.

am i weird? lol ;p

Odd. But a MK loving Pilot? Say hello to Raiden for me. Lol

No sleep problems yet, but when the 19th hits....

Haha I'll get like that on the 18th. Most of time I'll just stay up...

I stay up all night, and book it to the store as soon as it opens, get my copy, run my ass home and play it all day AND THEN sleep. Lmao.

It seems like every night that I lay down for bed now my heart starts racing and I can't fall asleep for at least a few hours. Kind of a pain in the ass when you have to get up in the morning. Even avoiding Pepsi after a certain hour seems to have no effect.

It seems like every night that I lay down for bed now my heart starts racing and I can't fall asleep for at least a few hours. Kind of a pain in the ass when you have to get up in the morning. Even avoiding Pepsi after a certain hour seems to have no effect.

you mean because of MK? or because of anxiety?

I've had sleep problems for awhile now. But when I finally get to sleep on a decent time I get a call from a friend who is freaking out and asking to come over because he heard walking upstairs when he was home alone at 11pm.

I'm now wide awake :(

Insomnia to the extreme on my part. I just can't hardly sleep, I normally have to pass out to get any sleep.

The closer we get to release date, the harder it is for me to fall asleep. I'm sure a lot of you have this problem too.

I used to have a lot of problems to sleep. The minimum amount of time I would stay awake lying in bed before actually sleeping was half an hour. Sometimes I even stayed up for 2 hours. Not any relationship with MK, I had this long time before.

But I think I'm getting better, sometimes I don't even have to read before sleeping or go to bed when I'm really tired to fall asleep quickly. That's good, but it'll all probably come back when it gets closer to MK9 release date.

I don't lose sleep waiting for a game to come out but I do lose about 3 days sleep once it's out

I dont have sleeping troubles at the moment. Im a college student so I need to get my sleep lol. I have many major assignments + exams + presentations coming up in the next few weeks, so my mind will be pretty much preoccupied with other thoughts and worries. However, when the game comes out, I'll still have about two weeks of school left which is not good because by that time, I wont be getting any sleep or rest from playing MK9 all night haha

Last edited:

I know how you feel. Same happens to me.

insomnia? anxiety? other crap that keeps you up at night...

try you heart skipping beats....that was my awful experience for a year or so. apparently its normal and happens to everyone, but only like 1 out of 50 or so can feel it. it was called premature atrial contractions...basically, it feels like your heart stops beating for a second...like it "skips" a beat. in actuality, ur sinus node sends too many messages to your heart, and your heart tries to beat twice.

when you get nervous and release some adrenaline, it makes it wayyy worse...

anyways, been happening for about 3 or so years now, and it doesn't even phase me anymore. but for a while i was scared of it ;p

Chamomile tea is your best friend...1 hot cup of that, and you basically get knocked out...its herbal so it has mind-numbing properties to it...but its awesome...and i'm not much of a 'naturalist' or w/e

or klonopin...that works too.