friggin MKII on Midway Treasures....

ChoyLayFut

Do i really suck that bad? or is the Computer level on REALLY HIGH?

In SNES and SEGA? were we able to adjust the computer difficulty?

I havent even gotten to the question mark box.. I dont like how the game can read your moves

You can adjust the difficulty... but it really doesn't help... I honestly don't remember the game being that difficult either. Maybe we just got used to the run button on MK3 or the combo systems that were implemented into the games after MK2. But yeah I must really suck too cause I keep getting stuck before reaching Shang Tsung. And it's pissing me off cause I remember being atleast decent in that game...

???

What about random select for Down+start on the portal to get to fight smoke, none work, just pauses the same. Sounds like Ed Boon forgot to fix it.

I remember MKII was ok for the most part...except when you fought either Kitana or Mileena...they were un-freaking-stoppable on any difficulty!

I bet it was done to please the women's rights groups...as if they didn't get enough from the fact that Cage's low blow wouldn't work on them. :evil:

Mileena was cake with the right character. Get back from her a few steps, and proceed to jump kick the crap out of her. She jumps up and tries to throw the sais, but it lowers her elevation so you go over top of them. Easy, easy win.

I was tournament champion at MKII around these parts, and I keep getting my ass handed to me on this version. Anyone else notice that the fatality timer is alot shorter in this one? Characters don't fall quite as far on the pit II anymore, and I couldn't get the character to fall off the spikes. I think this was a rush job. Kitana always sucked ass in the game.

Chason

Chason said:
I was tournament champion at MKII around these parts, and I keep getting my ass handed to me on this version. Anyone else notice that the fatality timer is alot shorter in this one? Characters don't fall quite as far on the pit II anymore, and I couldn't get the character to fall off the spikes. I think this was a rush job. Kitana always sucked ass in the game.

Chason

It's pretty simple. On the home versions of the game, they made the computer a lot less punishing and the fatality time a lot longer. They also made it so that you could just hold down on one controller to get you or your opponent to slide off the spikes.

Kitana freaking owned MK2.

I never had this much trouble fighting the computer in the arcade before. Not that I remember anyways, then again, maybe we are all just outof practice. Either way, I am glad they finally put it out on the new systems.

Chason

MKII

Yeah, I finally got my copy yesterday and I have to say that Computer is brutal. I've played in dozens of arcades and never had that much trouble and I've won tons of tournaments!! The computer does stuff that no human could do.

The graphics and sounds are nice, but the cheap gameplay makes me wish I didn't waste the $20. Arcade version... yeah right!

I noticed on the MK3 Bridge stage, the wind sound loops and sounds cut off.

For Midway Treasures 2, I beat MK2 with my cousin, but defeated Shoa Khan so I take credit, for completing the game. I beat MK3 by myself. I would go with Lui Kang since it is easier with him or Sub-Zero. The games are hard for Midway Treasure2.

Man, I keep getting my A$$ kicked in this one....Whats the deal? Does anyone know if there is a way we can access any of the old codes (like the one button fatality, etc). I have yet to beat the game so id you beat it does your ending get saved or not?

I don't think anycodes work since it is an arcade verion. I'm not sure. I don't know if it saves as well when you beat the game.

It auto saves when you return to the main menu of MAT2, but it only saves your win streak from what I have seen.

There are no codes, except holding down and HP on the character matchup screen for MK2 to disable throwing, and the codes for MK3 that you put in using LK, BL, HK on the match up screen for that game.

And the UKK after you lose and don't kontinue or beat Shao Kahn.