Alternate Costume Colors

Sander Cohen

Have been thinking about this for a while. It's kinda stupid to not have alternate colors for the characters. And they should add something like that, as a DLC or something.

Yeah I know what you are all thinking, there are the Ninjas where the colors make part of the character itself.
But they could have a lot of color options for these characters as well.

For example Sub-Zero, they could make a pallete swap, make the black parts of the costume blue instead, and the blue parts in black.
Or using white instead of black, or silver. Different kinds of blue. The options are endless.

I can make some edits just to see better what I mean, but want to see if I'm really the only one thinking about this...

EDIT:

Made an example of what I mean already;

subzeroccolordemo.png

Update [5-4-2011]

Reptile;

reptile-cCOLORdemo.png

Raiden by XanXic;

Raiden_Recolors.png

Last edited:
I would much rather have DIFFERENT alternates than Street Fighter II colors...Coming from a guy who loves SF. It's not about the colors, it's about the image. The only way I agree with you is if Reptile can get this awesome alt.:

615244-barney_1_large.jpg

Exactly, they could apply the color system for the alternates as well...

It gives a lot more variety and "personality" to the game. Specially if this is really gonna be a competitive game.

Yeah, now that the ninjas aren't palette swaps anymore alternate colors MIGHT be possible, at least for the non-classic costumes.

However, as compared to SF, Mortal Kombat characters identify VERY strongly with certain colors due to the palette swaps of the older games, while the majority of SF characters do not. It might feel weird to have alt colors when MK characters are always associated by color.

However, as compared to SF, Mortal Kombat characters identify VERY strongly with certain colors due to the palette swaps of the older games, while the majority of SF characters do not. It might feel weird to have alt colors when MK characters are always associated by color.

I mentioned that, and a solution for it. lol There's still a lot of options, keeping the color "personality" of the Ninjas...

I'll make an edit on Sub-Zero and post it soon, so that everyone can have a better idea of what I mean. Thanks for the opinions everyone...

Eh...

The idea is neat, but I would never use it. Seems like a novelty more than anything. I never change my colors when I play SF.

the color swap is kinda in the game, for example, is scorpion is fighting scorpion, then one will be yellow and the other will be orange

Im not sure, I mean, they have the thing when the color is a little bit different when you both select the same character. I juzt wouldn't feel right playing as a blue scorpion. Just wouldn't feel like scorpion to me. But playing as a red reptile in his new attire would be sick, mainly because he would look like a little demon. Only reptile should get a palette swap to be red, thats it.

Im not sure, I mean, they have the thing when the color is a little bit different when you both select the same character. I juzt wouldn't feel right playing as a blue scorpion. Just wouldn't feel like scorpion to me. But playing as a red reptile in his new attire would be sick, mainly because he would look like a little demon. Only reptile should get a palette swap to be red, thats it.

Please, read my post fully. lol I talked about that, and that's not what I mean at all. Ermac would always stay with his red "theme". I'm almost finishing my Sub-Zero example and then you'll see what I mean.

reminds me of warhammer dawn of wars army painter where u can change the colour of them i like the idea

Last edited:
Well, it took a while. lol

This is what I mean and that I think that we should definitly get in this game. Alternate colors, and Sub-Zero is still Sub-Zero, blue Ninja is still the blue Ninja. Just more variety. These are just a few examples... But like I said on my first post, the color possibilities are endless.

Click to see at full size;

subzeroccolordemo.png

Last edited: