Alternate Costume Colors

LMAO....Barney...hahahaha +1 Rep lol omg i would seriously die laughing if that was reptiles alt...i would f'in love it lol

Black and brown colors for Cyrax and Sektor, a throwback to Predator, their inspiration.

Grey oni skin, no ponytail, and yellow eyes for Goro.

Noob Saibot with blue ninja costume, but rotting skin and open wounds, kind of like a "Resurrected Sub-Zero".

Chrome color and red eyes for Sektor, Terminator reference.

Have to say, I like the idea as well. It works for Street Fighter, why not MK? I always play around with different color schemes. When both players pick the same attire it allows you to personalize it a bit. Nice work, .Ghost. +rep

Thanks everyone, it's probably impossible to see this anytime soon tho. They already have these auto-alternate colors programmed... It must be hard to change that and they will never do it. Shame tho...

I bet they though about this as well but they didn't had the time to do it...

I'll make and post Reptile soon.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Finally finished the Reptile example (click to see);

reptile-cCOLORdemo.png

I think this would be good for when a costume was chosen twice. It seems like in the demo if two people have the same costume one's just gets tiny bit darker. It gets kind of confusing. And I would love to have the blue black swapped subzero o_O godly

This game really does need some sort of alternate color scheme for mirror matches... I'd pay for it, I'm a sucker for alts and different colors in fighters. I like a choice rather than the bare minimum of two colors - whoops, I meant shades.

I love it.
A big +Rep for what you have created!

Edit: Is there anyway you could cut everything but image #4 so I could use that as my avatar?(if thats even allowed?)

Reptile #3 is by far my favorite...

I think the first one looks kinda "Undead/Netherealm", the second looks like kinda "Alternate dimensionish" and the third looks like it would be called "Neo-Reptile" and finally the fourth, my favorite, looks like "Homeworld Reptile". As all the colors are vivid and healthy, the image should be the default in my Saurian openion..

All four look great though, once again great job human!

Edit: and .:Reptile:. I edited this for you. I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR MAKING IT lol
Here's it cut:
http://i.imgur.com/1nNOz.png
Here's it scaled:
http://i.imgur.com/i1Plu.png
I wasn't sure what size to make it so i guessed kind of.

Mhmm, yess..Thank you human..this is a perfect avatar for one such as I and now all shall know the true face of absolute terror..the face of I, the great Saurian..REPTILE !

+Rep for being so helpful!

lol made this terrible Raiden one. I couldn't think of good schemes. So yeah. . . . Bad :p but I'll show you what I made

Thanks everyone! And yeah, I think the last one I made should have been the default colors in this game. Still love what they did tho...

@XanXic, that's very good man. I would use that white/silver one everytime if I could. lol You just forgot to make the classic red one. I posted it on the first post, hope that's ok.

I'll probably do a Cyborg next. Or Ermac that seems like a challenge too...

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! And yeah, I think the last one I made should have been the default colors in this game. Still love what they did tho...

@XanXic, that's very good man. I would use that white/silver one everytime if I could. lol You just forgot to make the classic red one. I posted it on the first post, hope that's ok.

I'll probably do a Cyborg next. Or Ermac that seems like a challenge too...

Yeah it's fine :D If you want to team up though I'm sure we could burn through the whole roster. How are you formatting yours? I'm using Gimp and putting a black blob over what I want to color. then just edit it down so it covers what I want then setting to color and the color I want. I think it's the easiest and it allows me to basically make a template.

But anywhooo: I'll probably experiment with noob or Shang Tsung or scorpion OR Stryker or one of the cyborgs. Idk. Let me know what your gonna try. And I dare you to make 4 good looking pallets with Johnny Cage lol.