Alternate Costume Colors

It would be quite easy. Don't forget this is only the torso, they could also play with variations between the torso and the legs. And the very light purple of his UMK3 Cyborg version could be used too.

^Thanks.

Well It's a lot of work to do these, but I can try later. But which one would you like to see? Of course it only makes sense to do examples on Ninjas since it can show to people that their color gimmick can stay intact and still have some cool alternate versions to use...

Too bad NRS don't care shit about this, therefore this will probably never happen. lol But I really would like that we had something like this on the game. Doesn't make much sense to only have the original colors and have an automated alternate color... They could add something like this, easly.

Reptile or Sektor would be awesome. Your effort in the Sub-Zero one really shows especially color 1.

Thanks reptilesmile.

Ok, I'll try Reptile next. That will be interesting since his outfit it's harder to come up with something. But I will probably be able to do it. I can change his skin too.

Would you prefer a color-swap over this?

And no, I'm not going to finish this, it was some-what of a rush job

mk9szero.png

Also, I'm not hijacking or anything.... just saying. (imo)

Last edited:
Why not both? The way SFIV does it.

SF4 is good for alternate colors but not alternate costumes cause their alternate are just too silly but MK don't need alternate colors their characters are known by their colors and their alternate are bad ass and you can play like mirror matches with the characters looking totally different instead of only just different colors.

seriously you have to bring this idea to ed boon head, try tweet him or something

Thanks! It's hard to do that since I don't use twitter, but if anyone want to try it... Be my guest. I really doubt they will care at all tho. lol

Would you prefer a color-swap over this?

And no, I'm not going to finish this, it was some-what of a rush job

mk9szero.png

Also, I'm not hijacking or anything.... just saying. (imo)

Already answered to that, costumes are one thing, alternate colors are another. One thing doesn't stop the other. The only difference is that you would get that alternate costume with some more color versions to use.

SF4 is good for alternate colors but not alternate costumes cause their alternate are just too silly but MK don't need alternate colors their characters are known by their colors and their alternate are bad ass and you can play like mirror matches with the characters looking totally different instead of only just different colors.

Yeah, the characters are known by their colors, and us the players? We could at least identify ourselves a little. It helps the game being fresh. We want this game to be competitive, to have huge tournaments. It will be at Evo... We could at least have some variety on that point.

Having a darker version for mirror matches? This is not 1992 anymore. They are updating what they could improve with this generation... That point should be improved too. Specially since it would be easy to keep the "color" personality intact. As I showed well...

Well, that second Sub-Zero, the color 1, was very nice. But still, I prefer alternate costumes over alternate colors. In MvC3, I find it so bland that the characters don't have other costumes, only color swaps. Even if we have more options than if it were alternate costumes, it still wears off after a short time.

Dude those are pretty awesome. I had an idea like this except it was more interactive. I was thinking about a palette editor like Soul Calibur has. This would give the player more freedom to define how they want their favorite characters to look.

Man, i totally agree !! This is a big problem in Mortal Kombat, since MK1 !

In old Super Street Fighetr 2, you could choose many exciting colors, and in Mortal Kombat, you can't even choose the opposite color (when you fight yourself in mirror match) ! It's a great lack in MK !

I love you alternate Sub-Zero ! I just hope you send them to Ed Boon's Twitter, and that he will consider it !!

Thanks for this thread !

Have been thinking about this for a while. It's kinda stupid to not have alternate colors for the characters. And they should add something like that, as a DLC or something.

Yeah I know what you are all thinking, there are the Ninjas where the colors make part of the character itself.
But they could have a lot of color options for these characters as well.

For example Sub-Zero, they could make a pallete swap, make the black parts of the costume blue instead, and the blue parts in black.
Or using white instead of black, or silver. Different kinds of blue. The options are endless.

I can make some edits just to see better what I mean, but want to see if I'm really the only one thinking about this...

EDIT:

Made an example of what I mean already;

subzeroccolordemo.png