TRMK Fit and Healthy Club

I'd love to have the motivation you guys have. I seem to have put on 5KG the past few months, after years of being stuck on 75KG.

I've started my hard workouts again.

Sucks so bad, but I love the after feeling.
Funna get my guns back :cool:

I ballooned up to nearly 300 lbs through 2009-2010 due to eating excessively fattening stuff like lots of red meat, lots of cheese, and all that jazz. I decided that I care about animals and don't want to contribute to their killings(I know, others will just do it for me) and gave up on meat - all of it. I cut back on dairy, I cut back on cheese, I turned to spinach and broccoli, I used Wii Fit, and I've lost 30 pounds since making this change in lifestyle. I've even gotten a bit more muscle thanks to all of the green protein.

Things i do at home to stay fit:

Sit ups everyday
push ups sometimes
Weightlifting every few days (can't overdo it xD)
Rowing machine is what i use mostly to improve tone

:)

my diet consists of this

8:00am breakfast: porridge with a scoop of vanilla whey protein or two protein carb pancakes

10:30am snack: protein shake

13:00pm lunch: two skinless chicken breasts with rice, cupfull of veg and large salad

NO More carbs after lunch

15:30pm snack: protein shake ( no carb, no fat, )

18:00 dinner two chicken breast, large cupfull of veg and large salad drizzled with extra virgin olive oil

21:00 snack protein shake

all protein shakes are one scoop only.

i work out 12 times a week. Thats 2 sessions 6 days. I have one day where i do no training. Of course, not every 12 sessions hard hard and to the limit.

I do martial arts 6 times, strenght training 3 times, and cardio 3 times.

Stretching every day. Trying to eat as healthy as possible without giving up enjoying my meals (no reason to get to crazy), and no alcohol

my diet consists of this

8:00am breakfast: porridge with a scoop of vanilla whey protein or two protein carb pancakes

10:30am snack: protein shake

13:00pm lunch: two skinless chicken breasts with rice, cupfull of veg and large salad

NO More carbs after lunch

15:30pm snack: protein shake ( no carb, no fat, )

18:00 dinner two chicken breast, large cupfull of veg and large salad drizzled with extra virgin olive oil

21:00 snack protein shake

all protein shakes are one scoop only.

Wait... did you say porridge?

I used to weigh around 240lbs, eventually I developed an eating disorder, and ended up 135lbs a year later.
My diet used to consist of frozen apples, and nothing else. I'd survive on 1 a week, with lots of water, eventually I kept slipping and ended up at 130lbs, and my health was called into question. I looked like a skeleton, and I had no skin pigment what so ever, I was literally just... white.
Not the healthiest of things to do to your body, but thankfully I got past all that with the help of friends.
Currently I weigh 154lbs, which for my height, is a pretty healthy weight, I think. (I'm 6 ft 1).
I'd like to get back down to around 145lbs, but I know people will panic and think I'm back on a destructive path, so maybe I'll just tone up a little instead.

Dude at 6'1" and 154 you're already still too thin.

You should be somewhere around 160-170 at least.

Personally, I'm 5'10" and 182-ish, and I'm only planning to lose another 7 pounds or so.

I'm starting to slip again :mad:

Need to keep on keepin on.
Got my shit back, just need to keep it.

I used to weigh around 240lbs, eventually I developed an eating disorder, and ended up 135lbs a year later.
My diet used to consist of frozen apples, and nothing else. I'd survive on 1 a week, with lots of water, eventually I kept slipping and ended up at 130lbs, and my health was called into question. I looked like a skeleton, and I had no skin pigment what so ever, I was literally just... white.
Not the healthiest of things to do to your body, but thankfully I got past all that with the help of friends.
Currently I weigh 154lbs, which for my height, is a pretty healthy weight, I think. (I'm 6 ft 1).
I'd like to get back down to around 145lbs, but I know people will panic and think I'm back on a destructive path, so maybe I'll just tone up a little instead.

that sucks I used to yawn alot when I was on the dust diet

I lost roughly 5KG the past few weeks. All it took was eating less junk food and some exercise every now and then.

A good tip I have learned is to drink a cup or two of water before eating a meal. Water fills up the stomach, without any extra calories! (Or so I have been told. Heck, I believe it.)

Also, only eat until you are no longer hungry. NOT until you are full. It certainly helped me, and it will certainly help you.

Still have some man titties and a gut to get rid of.

I think Pat mentioned this a while back, but there is a great social networking fitness site called Fitocracy that let's you track you workout progress day by day, while also implementing video game aspects such as quests, achievements, and "leveling up" your fitness. As the site is still invite only, and I have a limited number of invites left, please PM me if you are interested in an invite. Then you, in turn, could invite others that have not joined via my links.

Aside from that, since the beginning of last year, I've dropped from 250 lbs. to 228 lbs. mostly from walking a lot. Helped out especially in the summer, as I just walked anywhere and everywhere within a comfortable distance.

Now, I'm on a strict workout routine (haven't gotten a strict diet plan down though), and I'm starting to regain all my strength I lost since I left high school football.

Still have some man titties and a gut to get rid of.

Lol.

The drinking does help out before you eat a meal. Also a normal sleeping pattern, and water helps with getting yourself to sleep to as it helps circulate the blood flow, keeping your body warm and then sleeping properly.

I think Pat mentioned this a while back, but there is a great social networking fitness site called Fitocracy that let's you track you workout progress day by day, while also implementing video game aspects such as quests, achievements, and "leveling up" your fitness. As the site is still invite only, and I have a limited number of invites left, please PM me if you are interested in an invite. Then you, in turn, could invite others that have not joined via my links.

Aside from that, since the beginning of last year, I've dropped from 250 lbs. to 228 lbs. mostly from walking a lot. Helped out especially in the summer, as I just walked anywhere and everywhere within a comfortable distance.

Now, I'm on a strict workout routine (haven't gotten a strict diet plan down though), and I'm starting to regain all my strength I lost since I left high school football.

That is an awesome web site, do you need a smart phone to integrate your progress?

Do i go through tubs of protein too fast?

I've gone through two 2lb tubs and a 5lb tub

in just two months......

this shit is not cheap either, plus i go through two 1 gallon non fat milk a week...

I purchased a 4.4kg (roughly) for about $130 bucks couple weeks ago. I dunno, it seems like the bag will last me forever. But I have been slowing down on using it.

7lb is around 3.1kg here. You going through that in two months isn't fast at all. I know friends that go through larger tubs in shorter periods.