TRMK Fit and Healthy Club

Well, looks like I gotta eat WAY more now. Considering I'm a dancer and runner, I am physically active. I also have a high metabolism. But i recently started lifting. My brother told me I should start eating more. I thought he was full of it. But jeez, I did all three on one day and my head was hurting bad. I mof def need to eat more and drink water.

Yeah, if you're lifting and doing a lot of working out, keeping your blood sugar levels in the right zone are really important.

This looks like a good thread for my first post. I'm a certified personal trainer but first, and foremost, I am a lifelong athlete.
I've built a gym in my home office which is where I spend virtually all of my time, constantly pumping out reps while I work and read.

I want to turn my guest room into a workout room.
It's annoying having to shift everything around just to put in work

I want to turn my guest room into a workout room.
It's annoying having to shift everything around just to put in work
That's the truth. You only need the basics.
Bench press, squat rack, dip station, pull up bar, dipping belt and you're golden. There are cages which can do all of the above.
You still need a spotter for when you go heavy on some movements, but a weighted pull ups and dips are easy to execute solo.
A basic set up is a very worthwhile investment. It saves you time, energy and frustration. I say go for it asap if your heart is set on fitness.

All I have are adjustable dumbells, straight bar, incline bench, decline bench, doorframe pullup bar, bands, kettlebell and a 45 lb plate. Nothing fancy just yet.

I really have my eyes set on a dip station though. Right now I do the old school chair & chair combo lol

Sounds like your setup is definitely due for an upgrade. Those door frame pull-up bars aren't too stable in my experience with them.
You have two benches so I take it that they don't adjust and are not actual 'press' benches. I feel for you. When you're working on sub-optimal equipment, the drive and intensity of the workout suffers. The kettlebell is legit, though. How much does that weigh?

When I am travelling and don't have access to my gear, I use gymnastic rings. Hang them from any sturdy beam you can find. Pull-ups, Dips, leg flutters, and even fly push ups can be flawlessly executed. Decrease your leverage to increase difficulty. Use a dipping belt for added resistence. Rings are a real game changer. I remember I used to make strength gains just doing 1,000 push ups in 3 hours. There is a lot you can do with your resistance bands as well.

Ran 11.4k in 26 degrees weather. Wow, I am a stinking sweaty mess! But I feel good. Just had two Corns on the Cob and I am set for the day.

I just recovered from a heavy operation done to my broken tail bone, but I work as private security/bouncer, I am also a certified personal trainer.
I have been doing fighting sports since I was 6 years old, when I became 15 I started working out. Started with 3 days a week and after 3 years I began training 6 days a week, sometimes 5 depends time wise!

Don't have like endless free time, but if you guys ever want to know anything about food, or workout lemme know, I might be able to help.

After feeling like shit for some time, I decided to take the plunge and get into exercising. The gym being nearby made things easier for me in spite of the somewhat long hours at work. As a beginner, I still haven't figured how much to push myself while avoiding hurting myself.

Last edited:
What is your plan Flawless? Are you trying to lose weight, gain weight or just exercising to keep your body in shape

My advice for starting out is some light workouts targetting your upper and lower body on separate days. Like Monday, Wed, Friday you do arms and upper body and on Tue and Thursday you do abs and lower body while doing mild cardio throughout the week. (Treadmill and such)

Rest on the weekend so your body has time to recover.

What is your plan Flawless? Are you trying to lose weight, gain weight or just exercising to keep your body in shape

My advice for starting out is some light workouts targetting your upper and lower body on separate days. Like Monday, Wed, Friday you do arms and upper body and on Tue and Thursday you do abs and lower body while doing mild cardio throughout the week. (Treadmill and such)

Rest on the weekend so your body has time to recover.

I'm focusing on strength and to a lesser degree gaining some size. I hear free weights are better than machines, but I don't want to go heavy without a spotter (I work out alone for the most part). I need to work on all muscle groups, but my upper body is definitely the worst.

I shouldn't ignore cardio completely, but I dislike treadmills and stationary bikes. I have a bicycle, but I need to do something about the rusty chains and flat tires first.

Last edited:
Okay strength, cool.

Free weights are your best option but do not sleep on the cable machine. Bench press when you feel comfortable but for the most part dumbbells will be your friend.

For other forms of cardio I suggest jumpjacks and jumping rope

Thanks for the suggestions.

Do supplements help out any, or should I just simply eat more food, especially protein? My friend suggested Myoplex, but I find them more expensive than I thought.

I hurt my hand a few months ago, some nerve damage I think. Made it impossible for me to grip anything. It's finally starting to feel better since I can now do pullups again. But dumbells are still a no go and I can only bench with a monkey grip.

It's really going to suck making up for all this lost time. Thankfully I haven't lost all of my muscle.

Since I've last posted I got the dip station I was talking about. Doubles as a pull up bar, I'm in love with it. Also got a punching bag.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Do supplements help out any, or should I just simply eat more food, especially protein? My friend suggested Myoplex, but I find them more expensive than I thought.
Supplements do help. I supplement hard, not going to lie.

I take a pre workout boost 30 mins before a workout, BCAA's and Glutamine while I workout and depending if I'm cycling on or off, creatine post workout.

Protein is an absolute staple in my opinion. Unless you're willing to eat a crap load of meat/fish post workout, I absolutely suggest a protein powder. Unfortunately I'm allergic to Whey, so I take Vegan protein, but Whey Protein Isolate is the whey to go (see what I did there hehe). I suggest ISOFLEX by ALL MAX Nutrition. You can get it at your local GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, if you're based out of the States.

All of my buddies that are hardcore gym goers pretty much agree ISOFLEX is the best, especially if you're looking to gain some size. Whatever you do, do not get GOLD STANDARD by Optimum Nutrition, it's extremely overrated.