TRMK Fit and Healthy Club

I have given up pop for a few days now. I have a headache, but I know it will go away here at some point.

I also got a membership to 24 Hour Fitness for my birthday so I'll be able to work out all year round now. I'll be going to the gym here later tonight.

I've given up soda for awhile now. I just need to stop drinking ice tea and lemonade at work.

I workout on my days off or try to go after work if I'm not to tired. I got a membership as well in June

after i got off work i took a nap and then ate 2 tacos, a cheeseburger and a chicken sandwich. take that fit and healthy club. how you love dat?

I've actually been on the fitness tip for a while now. Spent six months bulking this year. I'm finally cutting down this month. Went from 130 to 155 by increasing my daily caloric intake and working out daily. I'm pretty happy with my results so far but I'm still a ways away from my goal. Since I'm cutting down this month for the rest of the summer, I expect to lose a good 5-10 pounds. Once fall/winter comes around, it's back to bulking.

oddly enough i can gain and lose 20-25 pounds in a month. for eating nothing but trash and laying around i have a beastly metabolism. i bet if i started a good work out routine i'd be near anorexic after a good 6 months.

I hope my metabolism isn't ass with me sitting on my ass playing videogames. I haven't worked out in a week

Since I have gotten my membership to 24 Hour Fitness on Saturday, I've been going to the gym everyday since except on Tuesday because I NEEDED a break day since you can really hurt yourself if you just go all out in the beginning.

Today though I burned 400 calories within a 1 and a half hour span. That's not much for a lot of people, but I'm fat as hell so to me that's a lot. I was on the treadmill first for 20 minutes, then did some dumbbells (30 pounds) for 10, then got on the cycle for 30 minutes and then did some more weight stuff for another 25 minutes. The last 5 minutes killed me though because of the machine I was on. I don't know what it's called. You stand up and pedal forward (then backwards and repeat) while you hold on to these handle thingies that move back and forth. That god damn machine was BRUTAL. I was wanting to go 15 minutes but that was my first time on that kind of machine and it just wore me the hell out.

I'm proud though. I think I've been doing good and I plan to keep it up and do better. My goal was actually 500 calories but I was just way too worn out. When I left and got in my car, I just sat in my car in the parking lot for a good 5 minutes with my AC blasting.

I think I'm going to start seeing results here pretty soon. I can already feel some progress, but not much. I'll get there in due time though if I just keep it up.

Also.

I was thinking at the gym that maybe some of the people here who go into this thread (I know Yung does since he's been working out lately) that we should do some sort of workout playlist. A playlist with some good workout music. I mostly listen to video game stuff which I find great for working out, but the more music the better.

Just wondering if anyone here is actually about gaining weight/mass as opposed to losing it. Been going through the pages and it seems like everyone's focused on losing it. If any lifters wanna discuss on this thread, let me know :).

Marshall would have told you how to make gains :cry:
BUT HE'S GONE!!! :bawling:

Nemesis great stuff. I know exactly which machine you're talking about and yes it is Brutal. Its like you can't slow down at your own pace or anything lol

I went to the gym Mon-Wed and took a break yesterday. Will try to go today but I work all day and that messes up my feet.

In other news I have changes my eating habits! Went from Twizzlers to eating almonds and oranges as snacks :proud: Feels good too, substituting other snacks for healthier snacks

I try to eat healthy a bit (small yogurts and cheerios) but unfortuantely, I had Arby's yesterday, but that's why I also worked off that 400 because that's how many calories the sammich was. But I'm hitting they grocery store here soon and I'm gonna stock up on fruts and other small healthy stuff.

Ellipticals are fun as shit.

I have one in my father's house, in the basement so I can use it and watch le television or le Netflix at the same time.

Nemesis eat Vitamin C foods!

They help maintain weight.
So Oranges and Papayas and shit

I ended up picking up some Oranges, Bananas, some fat free yogurt, some V8 Fusion Light and some other light stuff that I can't think of at the moment. But all good stuff. No junk. No pop, no microwavable shit or anything like that.

Would I be fvcking up if I made nachos? :laugh:

I think I would HAVE to go to the gym after I eat that

I've had weeks were I've just blown off eating healthy because of vacations, events, etc, and yet I barely gain any weight.

That's how I was. I thought I had a great metabolism, so I just ate everything I wanted. Then I got out of school and realized the reason I didn't gain weight was because I played a lot of football. When I stopped playing, those $40 nights at Carl's Jr. started to show

I didn't eat the nachos.
Hell I couldn't do anything cause I was pre occupied lol.

Question:
Can I even call going to work Cardio?

Just wondering if anyone here is actually about gaining weight/mass as opposed to losing it. Been going through the pages and it seems like everyone's focused on losing it. If any lifters wanna discuss on this thread, let me know :).

My arms have been gaining noticable mass and total weightloss is slowing down. But then again, I'm on my recovery week. Next week will be the start of a new month for P90X and will be lifting heavy again.