TRMK Fit and Healthy Club

Do i go through tubs of protein too fast?

I've gone through two 2lb tubs and a 5lb tub

in just two months......

this shit is not cheap either, plus i go through two 1 gallon non fat milk a week...

Yeah you are probably burning through it way too fast. A 20 gram scoop+ a glass of milk is really all your body needs to recover after a normal workout. Even if you are a slightly larger male.

Now if you are trying to become body builder status then you can definitely add a bit more. Increase to a scoop and a half and add some peanut butter if you are trying to add mass.

It all depends on your weight and goals, but the first option is plenty efficient and suits most peoples active needs. Obviously they want you to spend as much on their protein as possible but if you take too much your body won't even use it properly.

Yeah you are probably burning through it way too fast. A 20 gram scoop+ a glass of milk is really all your body needs to recover after a normal workout. Even if you are a slightly larger male.

Now if you are trying to become body builder status then you can definitely add a bit more. Increase to a scoop and a half and add some peanut butter if you are trying to add mass.

It all depends on your weight and goals, but the first option is plenty efficient and suits most peoples active needs. Obviously they want you to spend as much on their protein as possible but if you take too much your body won't even use it properly.

This^. Don't overdo it on protein unless you are truly pushing heavy weight in your workout and need substantial recovery. Otherwise a good percentage of the protein will be wasted anyway.

First post here in a long time. I'll have to swing by more often.

heres some before pictures at 230lbs

img012.jpg

img013.jpg

here's some after pictures. I just took these now to contribute to this thread so forgive me for looking like crap. I'm tired and just got home from work. lol

I weigh 165lbs now

003.jpg

004.jpg

just from eating healthy food you won't lose weight...

Ok I dont know where you got this from but this is 100% false. You can lose weight by eating healthy. 80% of my weight loss was because I started eating better. But if you really want to lose stubborn belly fat or those extra 15 hard to lose pounds then yes incorporate some exercise.

Last edited:
^ He made all kinds of losses :)

Anyway, I've been weight training for a good 4 months now

Made some gains, but I now understand why dudes go on the juice, it takes so long to build muscle naturally. O well Ima keep at it

Trying to get me a nice tight bod before the year ends

Bumping this thread. I've been eating much better (tracking calorie intake and burning) and have lost just about 30 lbs since May. I started dieting seriously mid-June.

Only moderate working out so far, due to a few stupid injuries but still trying to be overall more active.

Anyone else on TRMK have a Fitbit pedometer? If so we should start up a Fitbit group.

:congrats:
I do not have a Fitbit but great job on the weight loss :D

So far I went to the gym on my college campus twice in a row and hopefully I lose some serious weight by the time Fall Semester ends.

/Babysteps

babysteps is key, or you'll do something stupid like me and hurt yourself preventing you from working out too heavily. Take it easy, and enjoy it.

Ooookay. So far I don't have any protein shakes but I don't think I need it. I just wanna lose weight really

holy shit, i just ate 3 pieces of pizza, 4 orders of wendy's nuggets, a medium fries and half of a whole chocolate pie. if anybody needs me i'll be falling in and out of consciousness in my newly earned diabetic coma. now for the workout, 10 sets of 40 winks.

babysteps is key, or you'll do something stupid like me and hurt yourself preventing you from working out too heavily. Take it easy, and enjoy it.

How did you do that? I always make sure to stretch before I work out everyday.

I cut out the majority of my alcohol intake for the last 2 weeks and I have noticed a tighter body than I have had. Never realized how I can just cut it out and continue my eating and workout will get me set.

I've been going to the gym lately, while also eating healthy food and drinking water. I've lost 10 pounds due to this, which is great.

My eating habits are not the best...at all <.<.....but the past few days, I have noticed a change in my health.

I am big on drinking pop and eating chocolate. I don't even know how the hell I am not 300 pounds. Anyway, when it comes to drinking pop and eating chocolate, I don't mean that I drink more than 1 can or small bottle of pop a day or 7 chocolate bars a day, but, I have each about once a day (I get 'chocolate fits' where I have a taste for one a day, and then I go a while without even thinking of eating any).

The past few days, I have noticed that I feel pretty tired and lazy, somewhat exhausted, breathing seems to take a little more effort than it should, and my throat has felt like it was closing up. Obviously, this isn't to the point where I am dead, but it's obviously something I don't want to have.

Today, for example, I felt perfectly fine all day. My husband brought home some Quizno's. He got me a combo, which includes the sandwich, a cookie and a pop. The sandwich was fine, but, when I got to the pop and cookie, I got the throat closing shit and my breathing seemed to slow down. My heart isn't racing or anything, it just feels kinda slow as well.

Allergies, maybe?

I dunno....for me, it is always hard to tell because I have anxiety disorder, so I really should be staying away from sugary stuff. I also had a few moments at work the other day where everything started to go black and I had to kneel over for a few seconds till it passed.

Weird....I haven't been to a doctor in about 10 years because, when you have anxiety disorder, they fcking blame EVERYTHING on it without even testing you, but you have to tell each doctor you have it because they need to know this information if they want to give you medication because it might not be good for you to take certain kinds of medicine that might cause some sort of reaction, so I got fed up with going and never went again.

I have also been working extra hours at work (one hour a day the last few weeks) because we are short staffed and busy. Some people are telling me that might be the problem and that I am burnt out.

Anyway, anyone have an idea of what it might be? It passes after a while, but, damn, don't really want to have this shit.

Everyone stop working out or something?

I restarted my workouts a few weeks ago and wow what improvements. Weighed in and I'm down ~4kg. Body showing improvements, arms getting toned. Body sore as hell, but that's a good sign. :)