TRMK Fit and Healthy Club

I have yet to create one, need to look at what I got around my house and what I can concoct that is good and healthy too.

Marinades are great for preserving too. Back when people first began they accidentally started to cure there own meats (ex, salmon) by hiding it underneath the sand, the salt begins a process of drying it out. Now the meat is cured. So with salt in your marinade it can penetrate the protein and bring in all of the flavors (ex, oil, cilantro, baby). Fyty.

This is a really good thread Jade!

Anyways, while my diet is far from perfect, I do try to eat clean animals and avoid pork and shellfish. The reason is because of the risks of eating pork and shellfish, especially if they are not cooked properly and the fact that shellfish tend to be "bottom feeders", not exactly the healthiest thing!

Being someone who eats out (no time for cooking on my end) often, I find by making switches to what I get makes all the difference. If you go to a Mexican place, usually they have an option to make a salad out of your favorite burrito or taco (might I suggest Baja Fresh's Diablo Burrito Bare Style? Very good!). If you go to McDonald's, opt for smaller portions, instead of getting a "value meal", go for the $1 items, such as a small fry (as opposed to a medium), Mcchicken, or four piece nugget.

Do the same for your beverages too. If you go to Starbucks or Dunking Donuts, opt for iced coffee (usually not fattening) with skim/non-fat milk (soy milk if you want, but soy makes you gain weight, especially if you have thyroid issues). Don't go for the frozen, slushed drunks and definitely avoid the pastries and bagels. If you have to drink soda (confession- I do and love it!), drink regular soda and NOT diet soda. Diet soda has no calories, so it basically bloats you and gives you no energy to burn off. And of course drink water (not the eight glasses a day thing, but do make sure you have some each day).

I go to the gym too, 3-4 times a week if I can, the best thing to do is cardio for 30 minutes. Use the elliptical instead of the treadmill, the elliptical works your arms, buttocks and legs and you burn off more energy than you do running (and it's less risky). Also use machines, don't overdo the weight you lift but just enough, I'd go with 2-3 reps of at least 7-15 (depending how many you can do). And do not overdo yourself, because that only makes it harder for your body to get used to exercise and the pain will discourage you.

This is a really good thread Jade!

Anyways, while my diet is far from perfect, I do try to eat clean animals and avoid pork and shellfish. The reason is because of the risks of eating pork and shellfish, especially if they are not cooked properly and the fact that shellfish tend to be "bottom feeders", not exactly the healthiest thing!

Aha! This is where religion and food safety being. God says, God laws. Ironic I was just talking to my exec two days ago about Catholics and fish on Fridays. Also being that it is Ramadan, I like to point out fasting sucks, evolution is to eat when our bodies need it.

Aha! This is where religion and food safety being. God says, God laws. Ironic I was just talking to my exec two days ago about Catholics and fish on Fridays. Also being that it is Ramadan, I like to point out fasting sucks, evolution is to eat when our bodies need it.

Indeed. And it also means eating things that we would have eaten in nature - ideally lean meats and fruits/vegetables.

I seriously need to stop by the store and get stuff for salads....my problem is that work always gets in the way of proper eating and I find myself grasping for a quick, unhealthy fix at work. My biggest problem is breakfast. I don't have a stomach that always agrees with breakfast so I usually just grab some kind of small bar to eat (usually Quaker) but it obviously wont fill me up for long.

wow, Im amazed that no one has mentioned swimming as a good form of excercise. It provides for excellent cardio, excellent body workouts and if you plan your routines and swim regularly, you do not need to hit the gym to trim away your fat.

I seriously need to stop by the store and get stuff for salads....my problem is that work always gets in the way of proper eating and I find myself grasping for a quick, unhealthy fix at work. My biggest problem is breakfast. I don't have a stomach that always agrees with breakfast so I usually just grab some kind of small bar to eat (usually Quaker) but it obviously wont fill me up for long.

Drew recommended some new bars to me that are really good, I'm going to buy some and I'll post up my review once I remember their name. ;)

That said I'm starting today to watch my diet and starting up the Power 90 workout program. Not jumping to P90X just yet, this is better for me since I haven't worked out consistently in the past few years. Wish me luck, so far feeling great today lets see how I feel once I do the first day of the program later.

I sometimes eat the weight watchers bars and they are so damn delicious...but, of course, small.....so you end up wanting more in a matter of minutes.

I sometimes eat the weight watchers bars and they are so damn delicious...but, of course, small.....so you end up wanting more in a matter of minutes.

A lot of that is likely because they are overly processed or using additives to make you want more. Or because they are small. Something that has always worked for me is eating every three hours as well, so you get 5 meals in a day. Don't eat a lot but just enough so you are no longer hungry.

So if a bar isn't good enough, have some fruit or a veggie with it. Still just as quick and very healthy.

Now if I could only stick to my same advise. ;)

Double post again because I make the rules so I can break them.

I just did my first day of Power 90 (aka P90) this is the less hardcore version of the more popular P90X. It went well and I can tell I kicked my ass very much so. I am going to be in so much pain tomorrow I have a feeling.

I actually use wii fit. It helps really well. I try to keep a steady eating diet, and I do a bit of physical work out here and there.

Power 90 day two complete, Cardio and Abs. I consumed so much water before/during/after that my fridge ran out of it's cold filtered water in it's reserve tank.

Also made a simple dinner, just a lightly seasoned sirloin burger patty (last beef patty I keep around before going back to turkey burgers) and a cup of cooked lima beans. Sounds boring but actually quite tasty. ;)

Last edited:
How to get a six-pack
first of all there are no short cuts in this at all, just right ways of doing it. Secondly diet. I know it sucks, but its woth it.
Next the most important thing to do is cardiac excercises. I tried runing/jogging , hiting the double end bag, and jump rope. Here is how it is. Runing is too exhausting. Hiting the double end bag is difficult in a way if you hit it as fast as you can. Jump rope would be just right if it didnt pull my shorts down annd hurt my back. I recomend Try one then when you get sick of it try a different one and then the other. Make sure its atleast everyday.
Next is abdominal excercise . Alot of people think you can skip the first. But you cant just start with these. You need cardio first. If your going to do these be sure you have a mat, and make sure you dont overdue it by going to far up or you will hurt your back. 75 degree anglles should do it. Its been proven that reverse crunches help the most in average, but no two person's body are the same.
After this should have a six pack.

My arms are so going to hurt tomorrow, in all the best ways. I can feel it already. Been a while since I felt this great. I'm in 5 days in the P90 program after a week, took a few days off due to recovery, schedule and forgetfulness.

My arms are so going to hurt tomorrow, in all the best ways. I can feel it already. Been a while since I felt this great. I'm in 5 days in the P90 program after a week, took a few days off due to recovery, schedule and forgetfulness.

Yeah the biggest thing I noticed is how good I started to feel also. I can't remember when I felt this good.

Good job bro. Just make sure you stick with it. Few people actually stick with it for the full 90 days but those that do really see some strong improvement. :beer:

Yeah the biggest thing I noticed is how good I started to feel also. I can't remember when I felt this good.

Good job bro. Just make sure you stick with it. Few people actually stick with it for the full 90 days but those that do really see some strong improvement. :beer:

Thanks guys the encouragement is appreciated. I used to workout "daily" 3 years ago and got to my strongest and healthiest I had ever been. I miss that now that I'm getting that feeling again. Hopefully my dedication also helps others get stick to it as well.

Absolutely. On another forum, I'm actually one of the members who started a "members only fitness forum" so when I saw this thread I was excited for its potential. At its best, it should act as a motivating factor for all those in discussion. :thumbsup: