TRMK Fit and Healthy Club

Well first of all I don't use diets, since they don't work, you could eat whatever you like but in moderation.

What I do is try to burn 500-1000 calories a day, since 3500 calories = 1lb. I go for a 40 min. - 1hour jog each day at the beach, after that I go home and do some weight lifting exercises for 20-30 minutes, and that's all I do for exercises. I burn each day anywhere between 500 - 1000 calories a day. 400 - 550 for the jogging and 200 - 300 calories for weight lifting, and your always burning calories so that's were the extra calories come from. I have been doing this for close to 2 years now and lost almost 40 lbs of fat now.

Hey guys

Need some advice

I'm a single guy (22) and since i have no lover to make me food

I'm always eating fast food (but i do exercise at least 3 days a week)

Now I'm not the richest guy in the world

but i really want to cut out eating out so much. What kind of stuff could i make myself that's fairly simple (Don't get me wrong i can cook) and won't cost me so much money?

thanks

Well first of all I don't use diets, since they don't work, you could eat whatever you like but in moderation.

What I do is try to burn 500-1000 calories a day, since 3500 calories = 1lb. I go for a 40 min. - 1hour jog each day at the beach, after that I go home and do some weight lifting exercises for 20-30 minutes, and that's all I do for exercises. I burn each day anywhere between 500 - 1000 calories a day. 400 - 550 for the jogging and 200 - 300 calories for weight lifting, and your always burning calories so that's were the extra calories come from. I have been doing this for close to 2 years now and lost almost 40 lbs of fat now.

Might I ask how you find time for that?

Hey guys

Need some advice

but i really want to cut out eating out so much. What kind of stuff could i make myself that's fairly simple (Don't get me wrong i can cook) and won't cost me so much money?

thanks

Salad... you don't have to cook it at all and you eat as much of it as you want and not gain any pounds... unless you load it down with fatty dressing

Might I ask how you find time for that?

Well, I go to College and all my classes are in the afternoon and evening, and it's only Mon-Thur when I go to school. I workout in the morning, around 8AM and finish somewhere between 9:30-10:30AM. When I use to have my part time job, I would only work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in the afternoon also, so I have time to workout in the morning. Sometimes I had to work some other days in the week or some things came up, so I wasn't and sometimes still can't workout all the time I like. I usually try to work out at least 5 or 6 days a week if I don't have anything preventing me from doing so.

Hey guys

Need some advice

thanks

Dude... you have the internet. LOOK UP RECIPES! I can't cook for shit (my wife does it 99% of the time), but every now and then she asks me to do it, and I've never gone wrong with internet recipes. You can even find healthy recipes if you're interested low-cal stuff.

Salad... you don't have to cook it at all and you eat as much of it as you want and not gain any pounds... unless you load it down with fatty dressing

I gotta agree with this suggestion. You can cook enough chicken for 4-5 dinners worth of salads and just refrigerate it until needed. Switch up what else you put in them to keep it interesting. Pretty cheap way to eat and really healthy.

Hey guys

Need some advice

thanks

Import!

Make sandwich and salads. I usually have a roast going and lasts for days to finish. Just don't be tempted, make sure you have a routine when you eat and how much you eat.

Finally a thread I feel at home in. :laugh:

32 years old here and pretty heavy into lifting/fitness. My goals vary constantly - some times I'm going for pure strength, other times for size, other times (like now) I work on being leaner. I recently moved half way across the country and into a new house that had an additional finished room in the basement (next to my man cave). I've turned that into my workout room with a full cage/squat rack which I love as I focus on heavy, compound movements such as deadlifts, squats, mil.presses, etc...

I'm also very picky with what I eat and constantly monitor my protein intake (again depending on my goals).

I'm 6'1" and have been everything from a ridiculously lean 160lbs all the way to near 220lbs. Lately I've been hovering around 200-205 but for summer I've leaned down a bit to the 190s.

Looking forward to contributing any way I can here and I'm always willing to share experiences and advice. :lol:

I gotta agree with this suggestion. You can cook enough chicken for 4-5 dinners worth of salads and just refrigerate it until needed. Switch up what else you put in them to keep it interesting. Pretty cheap way to eat and really healthy.

I think it's time I start eating salads again as that sounded delicious! I gotta see if I can create some variations of chicken marinades to mix it up.