TRMK Fit and Healthy Club

i lost 30 since April but now i'm Plateauing
Italian Garlic bread man............so gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

I eat almost whatever I want and I barely gain weight. I know it's probably metabolism levels so cardio is what you may need to look at; more than you may think. I don't drink ANY kind of soda/caffeine/sugary drinks at any time. Potato chips I eat rarely but I have an apple very often. I think if you want to lose weight and raise your metabolism, cardio workouts will help a ton. I'm not sure if I helped a lot but this is what I do to maintain, and it works. I'm also pretty young so that just may be the entire explanation..

All my two cents is worth is this. Exercise releases endorphins. Endorphins give you energy. You feel tired and worn out after work? Go exercise for 30 minutes. You will feel great. Same thing goes for the morning. I am NOT a morning person. When the alarm goes off, it takes EVERY OUNCE of will power to get up. But, often, I'll get up early, go run for 30 minutes, go home, shower and head off to work and I don't get drowsy once all day. The days I don't get up and run, I dose off more times than I can count during the work day. I guess that's called "Proof Of Concept."

This is my opinion based on the experience I have had. When I was in the Navy, I had to run 1.5 miles 3 times a week. I HATE running, but when it was over and I calmed down, I really felt good.

From past experience, I have realized that running a mile and a half 5 days a week is a plus. I did that for two months and lost 20 pounds. Mind you, this was in highschool :p. If running isn't your thing you can also jumprope or do the 8 count bodybuilders. I am sure there are other ways. I am no expert in fitness. Just my two cents.

I use to be stiff but I'm getting a little flexable now. I still run a lot so I'm pretty much in shape. I have to stay in shape if I want to keep dancing all night and with the dance crew. Next thing I am going for is muscle. I've been doing push ups and sit ups every night. For a kid with high meta bolism, I'm getting kinda buff lol.

I've been training about 2 years now at gym, 4-5 days a week after work, used to get up early and goto gym at 6am when i had a training partner. Taking it a bit more seriously this year though, put on about 10 kilos in a couple of months with the right protein and diet.

Have had a lot of time off this year but back into it now, weighing in at 79kg i hope to get to 90 by the end of the year.
I about 6'2"

I'm in the delayed entry program for the United States Navy, so I've been hittin it pretty hard lately. I've been in decent shape but since I've been in DEP my daily work out is nuts. I used to only skateboard from dusk till dawn, I still skate alot but now I start off the day with a two-three hour swim then hit the gym for about 2 hours. Maybe swim some more, skate for about an hour, study My Navy S.t.a.r.t. guide, then unwind with some MK. Plus, I love cigarettes and I know I'll have to quit soon but after I get out of basics best believe I'll smoke again. I know it's all "horrible" and everything but menthols are good and I don't want to quit. I'm in great shape and a few smokes isn't going to hurt. So, yeah.. that's about it lol.

A few years ago I stared bodybuilding and got quite large, around 190 pounds at 5'9 (all natural, no "gear"). I was eating like a machine and training like a maniac. Then 4 years ago I decided I needed to go back to school again and get a degree, and while I joined the gym there, between school work, a limited uni budget, I couldn't train/eat as seriously as I used to.

Uni for me has just finished so while im looking for a good career, I can go back to "the glory days". I'd like to get back into the sort of shape I used to be in. And while training/lifting weights is important, how much you eat, and more importantly, what you eat, is doubly important.

I used to do kickboxing and play football quite a bit, so I get good cardio from that.

Doing great with my diet, but I need to exercise more. I'm getting me a Wii so I can Wii Fit in my living room Way too hot to go outside down here hehe..

Sorry for the double post but at least I waited 3 days.. hehe

My Wii arrived yesterday, so now I'm working out.... let's see what this does

Doing great with my diet, but I need to exercise more. I'm getting me a Wii so I can Wii Fit in my living room Way too hot to go outside down here hehe..

Be careful with that Wii. Especially Wii Fit. You step on that balance board and it basically calls you every obscenity in the book.

My cousin stepped on it the other day and I SWEAR it said "Get off, fatty cakes!"

My "trainer" puts me down every day cause I can't lift my leg over my head and do a back flip.

Be careful with that Wii. Especially Wii Fit. You step on that balance board and it basically calls you every obscenity in the book.

My cousin stepped on it the other day and I SWEAR it said "Get off, fatty cakes!"

My "trainer" puts me down every day cause I can't lift my leg over my head and do a back flip.

LOL I'm starting to see that already hehe. I don't care though. It just motivates me more to make it shut up... This should work great.

What I do that is not healthy:
I smoke.
I pile red meat in my diet.
I drink beer...a lot.
I play video games.

What I do to stay healthy:
I don't eat at McDonalds.
I go to work.
I play Golf.
I don't drink soda pop.
I don't eat candy...except sparingly, and I still brush my teeth.

Don't really have a problem staying in decent shape, but my diet is not ideal. I eat stuff like soups and pasta dishes that are somewhat 'enlightened', but my mouth will never make saliva for salad.

I haven't had a cigarette in two days but I'm tempted to go buy a Black & Mild. Well, I'm going to work out. (and maybe get a cigar :))