TRMK Fit and Healthy Club

Re: The Weight Loss Thread

Lies, my mom eats on my diet to and she lost 40 pounds.

If she eats nothing but 'rabbit food', sure, there is a possibility, but if she eats things like chicken, fish, rice....I don't think she can lose a lot without exercising. You still have to work off the food you put in your body, though if you eat healthy, you just don't have to work as hard to lose it because you aren't filling yourself up with fatty foods.

If she ate on your diet and lost 40 pounds in a stretch of time, losing little by little, sure, I guess that could happen, but if she lost 40 pounds in like 2 months or something....ehhhh, I don't think I can believe that.

There was a time when I HARDLY ate anything. I literally had one thing to eat a day (like a sandwich) and I didn't exercise. I gained weight like no tomorrow (at the time, I had just gotten out of college so I wasn't working and was out of town that summer at my mom's house watching her dogs so no keys to that house and friends were all back home). When I got back to work after that summer, walking around all day made me lose it fast.

If she eats nothing but 'rabbit food', sure, there is a possibility, but if she eats things like chicken, fish, rice....I don't think she can lose a lot without exercising. You still have to work off the food you put in your body, though if you eat healthy, you just don't have to work as hard to lose it because you aren't filling yourself up with fatty foods.

If she ate on your diet and lost 40 pounds in a stretch of time, losing little by little, sure, I guess that could happen, but if she lost 40 pounds in like 2 months or something....ehhhh, I don't think I can believe that.

There was a time when I HARDLY ate anything. I literally had one thing to eat a day (like a sandwich) and I didn't exercise. I gained weight like no tomorrow (at the time, I had just gotten out of college so I wasn't working and was out of town that summer at my mom's house watching her dogs so no keys to that house and friends were all back home). When I got back to work after that summer, walking around all day made me lose it fast.

She lost it in a year and yes she walks sometimes (once a week), I did not specify how long it took so I wasn't deceiving you. I'm sorry but people are different in the way they gain and lose weight. I love how I'm apparently a bit crazy because my mom lost weight that way. On this diet I gained weight and she lost weight. I ate more then her but not by much and the difference is huge. I gained 10 pounds she lost 40 pounds. On top of that my bro lost 20-30 pounds on the same diet after barely excersising a whole summer, the summer before he was biking all over the place and barely loss anything. I'm trying to act like I'm better in some way or the other but this is my data and I'm sticking by it.

She lost it in a year and yes she walks sometimes (once a week), I did not specify how long it took so I wasn't deceiving you. I'm sorry but people are different in the way they gain and lose weight. I love how I'm apparently a bit crazy because my mom lost weight that way. On this diet I gained weight and she lost weight. I ate more then her but not by much and the difference is huge. I gained 10 pounds she lost 40 pounds. On top of that my bro lost 20-30 pounds on the same diet after barely excersising a whole summer, the summer before he was biking all over the place and barely loss anything. I'm trying to act like I'm better in some way or the other but this is my data and I'm sticking by it.

Wow, um, okay. No one said ANYTHING about you trying to act like you are 'better in some way'. I also didn't necessarily say that you were lying because you did not give a time frame. Had you said she lost the 40 pounds in a few months without exercising, I wouldn't fully believe it, which is what I said in my post.

Geez, some people take things way too seriously and assume a lot of odd stuff. Nothing that you are angry about was even in my post.

Yikes...

Yeah pop is your worst enemy when trying to lose weight. I would also suggest making your own meals. Not only you can control how much and how little you put in but saves you $$$. You have leftovers and gets you a positive mind and keeps you motivated. Plus gets you laid if you do it right.

WTF? It's SODA, not pop. GTFO

But in all seriousness, I've found that substituting water is far better, but that's because I detest the aftertaste that all fake sweeteners have. If you can force yourself to drink it for a while (like 2-3 weeks) you'll probably end up disliking soda. Fake sweeteners are linked to cancer, and the sugar in soda isn't the only bad part, either.

For me, exercise is my default weight loss solution. It's far better to run a few miles or lift some weights than cut out crappy foods, but I don't eat that bad anyhow. I started a new job working 10 hours a day and I've lost 8lbs in the past week, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Wow, um, okay. No one said ANYTHING about you trying to act like you are 'better in some way'. I also didn't necessarily say that you were lying because you did not give a time frame. Had you said she lost the 40 pounds in a few months without exercising, I wouldn't fully believe it, which is what I said in my post.

Geez, some people take things way too seriously and assume a lot of odd stuff. Nothing that you are angry about was even in my post.

Yikes...

I didn't think I freaked out, I was just trying to back up my point with extra info. Atleast I can tell you now, I didn't mean to make you think I was hostile in anyway. Sorry if I had allot of bad grammar... I blank out during long posts and usually leads to bad grammar. As for me saying I didnt want you to think I'm quote "better in some way" I meant: I'm not trying to say my opinion is better then yours.

sorry...

I didn't think I freaked out, I was just trying to back up my point with extra info. Atleast I can tell you now, I didn't mean to make you think I was hostile in anyway. Sorry if I had allot of bad grammar... I blank out during long posts and usually leads to bad grammar. As for me saying I didnt want you to think I'm quote "better in some way" I meant: I'm not trying to say my opinion is better then yours.

sorry...

Im sure you didnt mean any harm thats what happens with forums and chats people cant see the emotions behind them probably why GF gets pissed at me all the time by my text messages because she reads them the wrong way lol

I'm glad to see folks on the MK forums talking about fitness. I myself practice martial arts and go to the gym a couple times a week -- I try to alternate between weightlifting and cardio. I actually find that the weightlifting helps to keep my metabolism up over the longer term, and I think it helps to keep me in better shape (more than the cardio) -- although the cardio is important too, for the heart & blood pressure. I have also been trying to eat less sugar and starch (as opposed to eating less fat, although I should probably try to limit the unhealthy fats more) -- since I've been doing that, I've been able to keep off the love handles...

This actually reminds me though -- I was surfing the web recently regarding Mortal Kombat, and I came upon this website (which has a couple articles about MK9 and the MK Legacy video series). Anyways, for those who practice martial arts for real, or who are interested, this site talks about the health benefits of kung fu & martial training. There was one I liked about martial arts & chi kung for cancer (which hits close to home). I think there's other stuff about fitness training too. Anyways, thought some of you might be interested:
http://sites.google.com/site/kungfuhealthfitness/

So, I've only been at it for a week, but I already notice my pants feeling less tight. Methinks this is working!!

... I actually find that the weightlifting helps to keep my metabolism up over the longer term, and I think it helps to keep me in better shape ...

Yes, this is increasingly the consensus. Plus it is my own experience as well.

This actually reminds me though -- I was surfing the web recently regarding Mortal Kombat, and I came upon this website (which has a couple articles about MK9 and the MK Legacy video series). Anyways, for those who practice martial arts for real, or who are interested, this site talks about the health benefits of kung fu & martial training. There was one I liked about martial arts & chi kung for cancer (which hits close to home). I think there's other stuff about fitness training too. Anyways, thought some of you might be interested:
http://sites.google.com/site/kungfuhealthfitness/

I just wanted to say thanks to raidenwinsfatality for the above post! I printed out the cancer article for my dad (who finished chemo a little while ago, and who I've been having trouble getting to make some positive life changes, like exercise). And for the first time, this weekend, he agreed to go to the gym with me! He even said maybe he'll look into some chi kung classes - we'll see if that actualy happens. Now I just need to get him to make some healthy changes to his diet... Anyways, thanks!

I tried to do P90X last year but I only managed to go for a month. I just don't have the mentality like you guys.

I'll try it again starting next month. Been a while since I've been active. Haven't really been gaining any weight though.

Weight: 75-80KG
Height: 170-175CM last I checked, years ago.

Well looks like I lost 20lbs since Jan. Been working off the weight gain from my last job. I previously worked midnight to 8am fri - tues with alot of forced 16hr shifts and zero breaks for 4 yrs. So glad I'm out of the Emergency Communications field.

I am trying to lose the love handles with my 10k jogs. It is tough but I have the strength of will to continue to jog throughout my runs.