TRMK Fit and Healthy Club

Going to work? Do you jog to work or something? I work as a bar staff, so I'm on my feet for 8 hours straight sometimes. I wouldn't call that a cardio workout though.

Cardio for me would be reaching my target heart rate zone.

I reached 40 heart beats per 15 seconds yesterday (160 BPM) which is 80% of my Max Heart Rate (220 minus 21)

I think that counts a little, though I'd definitely still stick to going to the gym.

My goal tonight was to burn 500 calories and I ended up burning 624. Proud as hell. Was on the treadmill for 45 minutes with the speed at 5.5 and then hit the dumbbells again and then did some ab stuff and then went on the Ellipticals for 20 minutes and then the last thing I did was this ab lounge thing. My stomach region is burning, but in a good way.

I need and I plan on keeping up the good work. I'm just sick of going to the gym because my friends are always busy with either work or some other project they're doing.

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/29882-TRMK-Workout-Playlist?p=653028#post653028

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone here is actually about gaining weight/mass as opposed to losing it. Been going through the pages and it seems like everyone's focused on losing it. If any lifters wanna discuss on this thread, let me know :).

I'm trying to gain weight, in muscle of course, not fat. It's a hard thing to do though. Gotta have strong motivation that's for sure.

My arms have been gaining noticable mass and total weightloss is slowing down. But then again, I'm on my recovery week. Next week will be the start of a new month for P90X and will be lifting heavy again.

I'm trying to gain weight, in muscle of course, not fat. It's a hard thing to do though. Gotta have strong motivation that's for sure.

I've been lifting consistently for about a bit over a year now, I lost about 40 pounds before that in the span of two months with intense cardio and a protein shake based/1500-1800 calorie a day diet during those two months.

Now I'm trying to put back on the mass but properly. So far on the shoulder press, I've been able to do 3 reps of 145 pounds for my third/strength set. On the bench press, I've gotten to 225 pounds with 4 reps as my absolute best so far for my third/strength set.

So yeah I have been getting stronger, I'm 5'11" and weigh about 187 pounds. However, I tend to dirty bulk often, and recently I started a full time, 8:30-5 PM job for the Summer while I'm not in school, and it's absolutely screwing with my gym habits and it's not letting me eat the food I love to eat without putting on fat mass as opposed to muscle mass. Always tired and drained after work, the commute is a as well so I just wanna rest and not workout, I cut down my gym days from 5 days a week to 3 times a week. Finding the motivation to keep a 5 day a week gym schedule while also working the entire day is definitely hard.

Supplements really help though and their crucial to my success in gaining muscle mass and they're the only way I can consistently lift heavy after a long day at work. So I suggest lifters try some sort of pre-workout supplement as a start to get you in the "I really wanna workout" mood.

Running on a treadmill is really awkward. I feel really disoriented when I get off.

But my set is almost complete. Got my treadmill and weight bench in the kitchen. Eyeballing a Bowflex I found for cheap and my roommate and I are going half n half on an Olympic bench for big daddy lifts

I actually went to go work out after a 7 hour 30 minute volume shift. Granted I took like a 4 hour break before I went to the gym but nonetheless I'm proud.

I didn't do much cardio but I did work on my upper body today.

Also doing jumpung jacks while looking in the mirror is too damn weird

Yeah I really don't like looking at myself while working out. It really does feel weird. I usually just look around at the TV's lol.

I'm not going to the gym tonight because I had some stuff to take care of today and I'm really tired since I didn't get much sleep. So I'll be going tomorrow night and I plan on going hard.

Welp. I'm headed to the gym. Was going to wait for a friend but he's always finding excuses to bail, so fvck it. Going alone again. I gotta burn twice what I did the other day because I didn't go to the gym yesterday. I decided that Saturdays and Wednesdays are my days off until I think I'm ready to just take one day off.

I just like going with a friend so I have someone to talk to and help pass the time. Music helps pass the time, but a friend being there is good too.

I wasn't at the gym long. Only for an hour and a half. I don't have that much energy today due to me not feeling too good. I plan on doing a shit ton better than what I did tomorrow. I was on the treadmill for 35 minutes though. Burned 306 calories which is nice, but I still wanted to do better.

Same here Interest.
I am the motivator the family needs, but doesn't deserve...

Damn nemesis how do you even run/jog/walk that long?
Boundless energy bastard :mad:

(But seriously good job)

Ooooooh. I thought you went 35 minutes on one run. Yeah I go back in forth as well, I do 7 minutes though, 3 minutes for cool down so really 10:00.

I don't take a break when it comes to the treadmill till my time is up
what I end up doing is going 5 minutes walking (speed 3.0) then jog (speed 5.5) for another 5 then lower it to 3.5 then back to 5.5 but on the last 5 minutes I put it at 6.0. Last night I when I went 35 minutes, I started jogging at 4.5 first so I ended with jogging instead of walking. Then after the treadmill, I take a minute break and head to the dumbbells and do some weights then I do some squats and then more weights then the cycle and then MORE weights then some ab stuff then to finish it off I go to the Ellipticals for 5 minutes which at that point, I'm usually done, but the Elliptical makes sure that I'm done because that fvcking thing is brutal. The Ellipticals are in front of the treadmills and I watched one guy get on one and he was only on it for about 2 minutes then he got off of it. I don't think he could handle it, but I don't blame him.

Dude sometimes I can't handle that machine.

But thankfully I got the stairmaster thing at my gym so I'm going to step up and down when I go back lol.
Gonna work on my big dumb thighs