Forum Feedback

Jade

Hey guys and gals,

Just thought I would put up a feedback thread for you to post your thoughts in. What do you like about TRMK? What don't you like about TRMK? What improvements would you like to see? What else is on your mind that you would like to share about the forum?

You guys and gals are what keeps this place going so we want it to be the best forum experience for you. Just wondering what you guys generally think of the place, how it looks, how it's run, stuff like that.

Don't be afraid to voice your opinion, no one is going to look down on you for it. All comments are welcome, positive or negative. This is to help us make TRMK the best place it can be. Just general feedback so don't expect some kind of massive overhaul. Just gathering some info on what you guys think and work from there.

Please remember the rules while posting your thoughts as well. No calling anyone out, etc. If you have a problem with something, just make a general statement, like, 'I don't like how people do this' instead of actual name calling. We aren't perfect and we want to improve how we work as well so don't feel intimidated to mention something you see that you don't agree with. At the same time, we can also explain why we do what we do so you can better understand how we think.

Upon saying that, this isn't a 'lets' bash everyone' thread, was just making a point that you do not have to be afraid of saying things and getting banned or infracted for it. That isn't how we do things here. If you break rules, of course you will get one of the two choices, but, if you are respectful and don't break rules, you are fine =)

Forum feedback is appreciated.

I really like the TRMK forums even though I ain't been here as long as some others, it's a nice community with plenty of info and interesting ideas. The one thing I would say though is that the Rep system is a bit over-complicated, making something similar to Funnyjunk or Youtube where there is a thumb/like option would be easier wouldn't it? What I'm trying to say is that IMO it would be better to just thumb up or down posts if you agree/disagree with them and base the whole level system (don't know how to call it) depending on how many thumb up's you have overall in comparison to thumb down's.

-I love this forum i think you guys have a great thing going here .
-I really like how well you guys keep up with the latest mk news, I always find new stuff here first.
-The community here is top notch, couldn't be better.

but here are some suggestions;
-I think you guys should give a good well explained justified reason for locking a thread before you do it.
-I think you should make it mandatory for everyone or just new users to use the search option before posting a new thread.
-you guys should do another live stream (like you did with the demo) when the game comes out (or if one of you get it a little early).loved the demo streaming !
-

-I love this forum i think you guys have a great thing going here .
-I really like how well you guys keep up with the latest mk news, I always find new stuff here first.
-The community here is top notch, couldn't be better.

but here are some suggestions;
-I think you guys should give a good well explained justified reason for locking a thread before you do it.
-I think you should make it mandatory for everyone or just new users to use the search option before posting a new thread.
-you guys should do another live stream (like you did with the demo) when the game comes out (or if one of you get it a little early).loved the demo streaming !
-

agreed they should do a live stream when the game comes out

but overral i love the forums here i would be good a more suport to the ps3 browser

I hate the smile on the roll eyes guy (I forgot how to do it lol)
It doesn't represent my sarcasm to the fullest :(

Love everything else. Great job TRMK staff, you may live, for now. . .

Great idea for a thread. New member, been here a few weeks and I have to say the staff and community are awesome. People are responsive and respectful but still remain opinionated. I personally like the rep set up and feel you could implement the option to do either a thumbs up/down system without scrapping the current one. I also appreciate that new threads appear on the front page while active so they aren't lost immediately in some of the less active areas of the board. Keep up the good work :)

Thanks for the comments so far, guys, this is the exact type of stuff I wanted to see in here. Much appreciated =)

Just wanted to respond to one at the moment but will get back to others later. This is one we actually kinda brought up recently in our mod section:

We try to do this the best we can but we do sometimes just hop in and lock a thread without saying anything. Sometimes, it is because someone else in the thread already posted a link to the already created thread so we just leave it at that and lock. Other times, the reason is obvious (spam thread, flaming, etc.) so we just lock it but we want to start the explanations, no matter how obvious the reason for locking is. I think most of the staff just assumes people can see why it was locked so we feel there may not be a reason to state the obvious but we are going to do our best to remember to throw up a valid reason, regardless of being Captain Obvious, lol.

Thanks for bringing that up =)

agreed they should do a live stream when the game comes out

but overral i love the forums here i would be good a more suport to the ps3 browser

i agree, im on TRMK on my PS3 more than i am on my laptop. TRMK on PS3 is really slow & not everything pop ups, like backgrounds on ppl's profiles & the "HOT TOPICS" box is on the bottom of the news page & i have 2 wait 4 everything 2 load b4 i see wat ppl are discussing. (im on my PS3 right now)

+ Its not Totalmk :)
+ Very organized forums and site in general, I really dig the kombatant section should be more pics in there
+ Most of the vets are not elitists unlike TotalMk
+ Good mods seem to be very fair from what I have seen
+ This site is rather addicting

- Users who post the same arguements over and over are spamming in my book, those users should be givin an infraction. Opinions are fine but when your just saying the same thing over im sorry thats spamming and more needs to be done about it.
- the Rep system well actually im both ways on this system I dont know if you guys ever had a karma system before like TotalMk has when I was there. You could use your karma points to buy nicknames above your avatar pics, something that was kinda neat I always thought.

I guess thats really about it. If I think of more ill post it, but overall very very good site. Most definately the best MK site ive been to and am glad I switched!

I had a question i wanted to know if its possible to maybe hide your online status?? And only the mods can tell your online as an option

Yes, just go to your settings and then look on the left hand side for general settings, click it, and you will see the option for invisible.

Last edited:
Sup. I feel as if your MK9 forums are lacking in comparison to others.
You need to slim down the amount of forums you have.
On the main forum page it should go by games:
-MK9 being the first listed
-and then whichever you please below it.(go by popularity)

within the MK9 central hub you should have
-Characters(within this will be separate subforums for each character
-Online&Tournaments
-1v1
-2v2
-Challenge Tower
-Story Mode(SPOILERS)

and then have "MK9 General" below all of those like you do already.

Your main page could also use a cleaner layout.

With MK9's official release, I really wish every character could have his own sub-forum, like SRK....that way anyone who's looking for specific tips on a character doesn't have to go through hundreds of pages...

just a thought...

We added the sub-forums based on the amount of threads that were made in the once general MK9 section. I don't think they need to be changed....of course, the spoiler section will probably be eliminated within the next few months since nothing will be a spoiler by then.

We have a Kombatant section and people can discuss whatever they want in the Kharacter threads, even combos. As long as it pertains to the character, you can discuss anything about them in their thread.

Some MK games are not as popular as others so it makes no sense to give all the game their own sections. I can't speak for Pat or Jeff but I am assuming that is why they made the sections the way they are. Would be a waste to give all MK games their own sections if certain ones are not very popular, as well as the fact that TOO many different sections makes a forum suck.....one of the worst things a forum can do is have way too many sections. I personally prefer not to scroll past a huge chunk of sections to get where I want to go. I think the way they are condensed now is perfect. Not too big, not too small, just right.

1V1 and 2V2 can go under online and tournaments so I don't see why it would need it's own section,

Thanks for the input, all comments are appreciated =)

Honestly, I think the mods do a great job.

Keeping out troublemakers. Keeping the forum spam free.

And unlike SOME forums, they don't try to turn it into their own cult of personality because of all the wedgies they recieved in highschool.

All HAIL THE MODS! They can TOTALLY keep the bad people OUT!:hail:

lol i couldn't help but laugh @ how he loves the forums but he got banned the same day he joined :p

on topic: i like the forums, they are very well organised, i cant find crap on MKO its soooooooooooo unprofessional. lol but i think uploading pictures 2 ur album could be easier, why can i upload only up to 25KG?

TRMK sure seems to have alot of down time. It seems like once or twice a day (most days) the site goes offline for me or becomes so laggy you can hardly get pages to load. I'm sure this is something the staff is aware of. Any chance on an upgrade maybe?

Overall great job here.......;)