Forum Feedback

TRMK sure seems to have alot of down time. It seems like once or twice a day (most days) the site goes offline for me or becomes so laggy you can hardly get pages to load. I'm sure this is something the staff is aware of. Any chance on an upgrade maybe?

Overall great job here.......;)

Yesterday was the first time we have experienced any type of system-wide outage for the past two weeks. We made fundamental changes to our server two weeks before the game's launch. This has allowed us to maintain stability during these historically record traffic levels we saw during both the North American and EMEA release. We're constantly monitoring our servers and have assured that our site has the resources it needs to serve the community.

I'm having a lot of problems with the mobile version of the forum on my HTC Desire. It repeatedly force closes my internet when I try and type a response (usually if I tap the screen while typing to ignore a misspelt word, which happens a lot on here with MKs habit of changing spelling!) Does anyone else have this problem, and is it something the admins are aware of?

This is a fantastic site and all the mods and admins are doing a wonderful job.=D. I just had a small problem in the mobile version of TRMK where whenever I switch to desktop theme, it switches but when I try opening a section, my profile or a thread it reverts back to the mobile version.

I think mods should consider editing instead of deleting posts that contain a mixture of offensive and insightful content. I can see, though, where that might seem like an overuse of power, but on the other hand, I don't think good insights should ever be sacrificed just because of a poster's overzealousness.

Otherwise, love the way you run this site.

^ I don't know about other mods but I edit out offensive parts of posts but ONLY if the rest of the post contains good discussion. If the entire post is nothing but negativity, I get rid of it, and, most of the time, it is nothing but insults so a lot of posts do get soft deleted.

This is a fantastic site and all the mods and admins are doing a wonderful job.=D. I just had a small problem in the mobile version of TRMK where whenever I switch to desktop theme, it switches but when I try opening a section, my profile or a thread it reverts back to the mobile version.

Sadly no way to fix that right now, sorry. Doing other changes here eventually that may fix that.

Would there be any way of adding a feature to the search results that come up when you click "New Posts" where either a.) you can go straight to the first new post in a thread from the page (or this being done simply by clicking on the thread link, and it being done automatically), and/or b.) instead of multi-page threads displaying links to pages 1, 2, 3 and last, maybe 1, 2, next to last, and last (or something along those lines), so more than just that last page is directly accessible? Seems to me that when new threads with multiple pages of new posts (especially when threads get merged together), going into the thread and clicking "View First Unread" only seems to work when that post is on the last page, whereas if there are say three pages of new posts, it skips over who knows how many unread posts and jumps to the last page.

When you're viewing a forum, look for a blue double-arrow icon to the left of the thread title. That'll take you directly to the the first new post in the thread. I haven't had any issues with it working properly.

Hmmmm..... guess I've never really seen those before. Figured they were some redundant icon or something serving the exact same purpose of the title being in bold (after all, pinned threads have an icon, say "Sticky" next to them, and have a different background, all indicating the exact same thing). Nevermind then I guess. Thanks! Should save me a ton of headaches now, I'm thinking. :)

Add a " LIKE" tab ?

Almost all of the other forums I am a member on have a "Like" tab so members can simply "like" or agree with what a member has to say in a thread. How come there isn't one here? Seems like it would help reduce the number of redundant "agreeing" replies in threads.

I've gotten so used to using this type of feature on other sites that even knowing this site doesn't offer one, by force of habit I look for it knowing its not there...LOL

Re: Add a " LIKE" tab ?

Almost all of the other forums I am a member on have a "Like" tab so members can simply "like" or agree with what a member has to say in a thread. How come there isn't one here? Seems like it would help reduce the number of redundant "agreeing" replies in threads.

I've gotten so used to using this type of feature on other sites that even knowing this site doesn't offer one, by force of habit I look for it knowing its not there...LOL

Like/dislike would still make people rage. We took away rep because of people complaining so there is no point in adding 'like/dislike', imo.

Like/dislike would still make people rage. We took away rep because of people complaining so there is no point in adding 'like/dislike', imo.

Plus, you don't need a button to say "I agree" or "I disagree." Guys, it IS possible to contribute to conversations without having to rely on shiny, fancy buttons.

It's not a terrible idea. If I were to add something like this it would be different than rep and would be positive only. Instead of "Like" which is a Facebook function and could get confusing if I add a Facebook Like feature to every page (it's a feature I disabled here actually).

Instead it'd be a "Thanks" and then your name would be listed under the post to show who said "Thanks" to this post. Negative or hate stuff I wouldn't do as I want to encourage positivity.

I would have to say the mk guides need updated with combo info a must really. and it would also be nice to see the non mk related posts from showing up on the main page makes the site look undesirable. also a good way to bring traffic to the site is to get some exclusive interviews or something else have you guys thought of doing a weekly show or pod cast with some of the competitive mk players they could help improve the site info wise. Well any way i hope some of these suggestions help just keep in mind you have a great site that could get even better.

Last edited:
It's not a terrible idea. If I were to add something like this it would be different than rep and would be positive only. Instead of "Like" which is a Facebook function and could get confusing if I add a Facebook Like feature to every page (it's a feature I disabled here actually).

Instead it'd be a "Thanks" and then your name would be listed under the post to show who said "Thanks" to this post. Negative or hate stuff I wouldn't do as I want to encourage positivity.

Thats what TYM does, works great

and it would also be nice to see the non mk related posts from showing up on the main page makes the site look undesirable.

Why?

The forum has variety and we want people to know that they have a place where they can talk about anything on their mind, not just strictly Mortal Kombat. I don't see why we should hide all threads that are not MK related.

Why?

The forum has variety and we want people to know that they have a place where they can talk about anything on their mind, not just strictly Mortal Kombat. I don't see why we should hide all threads that are not MK related.

The main reason would be to make the site more gaming centric with other non gaming / non mk related threads clogging the front Page it takes away from the main focus of the site. Don't get me wrong I'm all for other discussions just not on the front Page out in the open.

The main reason would be to make the site more gaming centric with other non gaming / non mk related threads clogging the front Page it takes away from the main focus of the site. Don't get me wrong I'm all for other discussions just not on the front Page out in the open.

I dunno, I have to disagree with the idea. If someone is going to come to this site, they are going to know it is a Mortal Kombat oriented site (obviously from the name) and I doubt they will just read the threads on the main page and think 'wow, I ain't gonna join this forum!'. I think most people actually take a look at the forum itself and that will show them that we have a ton of active MK related topics.

Hmmmmm......if I don't check remember me when I log in and then I'm inactive for a little bit then I come back and it asks me to log in again. Doesn't sound too bad but lol I kinda typed up a super long reply to a thread and I wasn't on "remember me" so when I finished I hit reply then it asked me to log in again. I did. I lost everything I typed. *Epic sad face inserted here*