Rebuilding Dairou

Tenkai Hayabusa

Hey everyone, heres a new revamped story I wrote for Dairou :)

Sorry it took me soooo long to complete it as I know some of you were expecting it much sooner. I had some personal things I needed to deal with at the time being.

If you like this one, I recommend also reading the ones made for Kai and Shujinko by back,back,back,low punch: http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/14852-Rebuilding-Kai and http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/16693-Rebuilding-Shujinko

As well as two others I made for Hotaru and Havik: http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/14855-Rebuilding-Hotaru and http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/14917-Rebuilding-Havik

Anyways, heres the new origin story regarding Dairou...Enjoy!

Dairou was born in the southern provinces of China, under a blacksmith named Zhao Yuanjia. His mother died giving birth to him, so it was very hard for Dairou to grow up not having a mother. However, ever since being a small child, he had a great fondness for martial arts and at a very young age, his father began to teach him numerous styles of kung fu. By the time he grew into a young man, he had already excelled at numerous different forms and styles of Southern kung fu, including Nanquan and Choy Li Fut. One day, Dairou went on a short journey to deliver a message to friend of his father. When he returned he was in dread and shock as he saw his father’s lifeless body amidst the armory where he worked. Zhao Yuanjia’s face looked like it was deprived of life. Dairou knew almost immediately who was responsible for his father’s death. The answer lay in a very old group of assassins known as the Amida Tong.

These ruthless killers were believed to be one of the very first significant groups of assassins within the history of China, among a few others, such as the Lin Kuei. Their true origins are unknown, but it is believed that they were established as a league of espionage experts and secret society members who operated China before the first century of the Common Era. These assassins were commissioned to spy and carry out selective assassinations for the Imperial Chinese court. Being greatly feared by the general public, they usually dealt with anyone who dared to disturb the “harmony” of the Dragon Throne. Fear was the Amida Tong’s greatest weapon. Adversaries would disappear in the middle of the night and when their bodies were discovered days later, a terrible look of deathly horror would be on the face of the victims, yet so many times, there would be no traces of any sort of marks on the body! In turn, the public believed that they had some form of supernatural power. Dairou never took note of this superstitious nonsense, as his father had taught him long ago about the tactics and fighting arts that were connected to the Amida Tong.

The young warrior had also taken into consideration that the message he had earlier was of a certain importance, as his father said that he could not tell him what the message was about. Dairou thought that if he would ever hope of avenging his father’s death, he would need to begin looking for clues that could lead to his father’s murderer and that his best bet was to meet Zhao’s friend again, as the letter was given to him. As Dairou made his way on his journey, he had the feeling numerous times that he was being followed. Once he made it to the old man’s house, he disclosed the information of his father’s death to the old man. Zhen, the name of the old man, was deeply heart stricken to hear the sad news of his old friend’s death, since they had grown up together as close friends and partners when training in the martial arts. He almost felt responsible for Zhao’s death. In turn, he felt it necessary the son needed to know the truth behind his father’s death.

The letter that was sent to Zhen contained information regarding the recent activities of the Amida Tong and that both Zhao and Zhen intended to reestablish the former clan of the Amida Tong and eliminate its current master. What shocked Dairou so much was that his own father was once a member of the Amida Tong and that he had participated in their activities of assassination and espionage. However, Zhen was able to calm Dairou as he further explained the true history of the Amida Tong and that even though they were trained assassins to deal with many rebels and adversaries of the Imperial Court, the clan had become considerably corrupted by its current master, Tai Bing. As the corruption grew more and more, Zhao Yuanjia decided to leave entirely from the clan and begin a new life as a blacksmith, hoping that with his new identity, he would not be suspected from the rest of the Amida Tong. In turn, Dairou demanded the location of Tai Bing, and as Zhen was also a former member himself who left along with Zhao, he was more than grateful to help him.

After a few days, Zhen had discovered the location of the Amida Tong’s master, and together with Dairou, they planned out their way to assassinating Tai Bing. As they journeyed to the complex of where Tai Bing was located, they used the cover of darkness to conceal them. As they made their way into the complex, they sensed a slight unease as to the events that were about to unfold. Suddenly, Dairou and Zhen were confronted by a large number of Amida Tong assassins, fully armed and ready to eliminate the two invaders of their secret compound. However, as ruthless as the residents of the place might have been to any newcomers, they both were dealing with a former clan member with an extensive amount of experience in combat, as well as the determined son of a murdered father who possessed his own experience of deadly combat skills. Left, right, and center, bodies of Amida Tong members were falling before the two determined warriors. As they made their way through, they had finally managed to arrive before the master himself, Tai Bing. He sat calmly before them, as though he was expecting them. The dark master laughed as he mentioned that combating all of his clan members was most definitely an impressive display of deadly skill, but that the two were simply no match for him. Disgusted by his remark, Zhen lashed out at the sitting figure, but in the blink of an eye, Tai Bing delivered a sharp paralyzing blow into the attacker’s armpit and then sent him crashing across the room with an array of rapid strikes to his chest. The old warrior could barely move and began to cough up blood. Zhen knew his time had come and as his spirit was to leave his body, he sent his regards to Dairou and wished for him to redeem the honor of the original Amida Tong. Once Dairou said his final goodbye to Zhen, the young warrior turned his attention to Tai Bing.

Before getting up to confront Dairou, Tai Bing revealed something that truly shocked Dairou considerably. He revealed his identity as being the brother of Zhao Yuanjia’s wife and that this meant that Tai Bing was Dairou’s uncle. He also revealed the real cause of his mother’s death. Tai Bing never liked Dairou’s father as they both grew up together as students of kung fu. Tai Bing would always try to outrival his fellow students as being a ruthless combatant and, in time, he became more and more tainted with darkness. When he had heard that his sister would marry the man he opposed most, he was deeply angered. In turn, when he had also learned that she was to have a son, this only angered him more. He immediately set out to murder the entire family. His mother was poisoned by Tai Bing, utilizing a poison from a snake that was only found within certain parts of Southern China and where the poison would entirely corrode and dissolve away at the person’s inner organs. Being unable to save his wife, Zhao Yuanjia took his newborn son and went into hiding, attempting to start a new life.

Now that Dairou fully understood his past, he finally felt that all his rigorous training in the martial arts had led to this moment in his life. Tai Bing prepared himself for an instant attack, being fueled by anger and disgust to fully eliminate the last remaining member of his rival’s family. However, Dairou was more ready than ever. As Tai Bing launched his attacks with almost blinding speed, Dairou was able to react an instant quicker and blocked all of the malevolent master’s techniques, as his father had taught him how to flow around an opponent in combat. As Tai Bing quickly became tired, Dairou took this opportunity to unleash a devastating amount of deadly strikes to his opponent’s body. He shattered a number of his bones, breaking both Tai Bing’s arms and rupturing many of his internal organs. As Tai Bing stood helplessly before Dairou, the young avenger prepared to finish off his opponent. With an unconceivable amount of speed and strength, Dairou pierced his opponent’s chest with his bare hands and ripped out a pair of ribs, holding one in each hand. As Tai Bing screamed in agony, Dairou used the sharp bones to impale his opponent’s eyes. The body of Tai Bing lay on the ground with all his organs gruesomely falling out of his disfigured corpse. After this long night, Dairou had avenged and restored honor to both his family and Zhen. As he left the Amida Tong compound, Dairou realized a new ambition within him. This ambition was that Dairou would now want to restore the former glory of the Amida Tong that both his father and Zhen originally intended, the true intent of a clan that was meant to protect the Imperial Court of China from rivals and other true enemies. He learns of clan situated in Japan, known as the Satsuma Clan. Their leader, Hotaru Satsuma, is said to be a man who values honor and respect. Now, as the new ruler of the Amida Tong, Dairou sets out to correct the corruption that had plagued the clan for so long and plans a journey to Japan to meet the leader of this honorable samurai clan.

Last edited:
Bro, I am ****ing impressed!
I love how you research for detail, it made me feel like I was reading a movie script.
Once again, great job!

Bro, I am ****ing impressed!
I love how you research for detail, it made me feel like I was reading a movie script.
Once again, great job!

Thanks so much bro!! Yeah, I did a bit of research revolving around chinese assassins and the actual assassin group I based off the Amida Tong were in fact called the Moshuh Nanren. Again, sorry for being so late with this, there were a lot of things I needed to deal with. I noticed you did the story for shujinko, it was really good :) Any other character you'd like me to do? I was actually considering making a new character but if there are any other ones you'd like to see me do, let me know!

p.s. We also need to get more people to read our threads ;)

I think you should work on your own character, let the creativity flow :)

Not a lot of people want to read fan fiction unfortunately :(

I think you should work on your own character, let the creativity flow :)

Not a lot of people want to read fan fiction unfortunately :(

Aha alright, I was planning to do some sketches as well featuring the character's special moves and fatalities.
But yeah, not much we can do about everyone getting to read our stuff I guess...*sigh* Ah well, its their fault for missing out ;)

Aha alright, I was planning to do some sketches as well featuring the character's special moves and fatalities.
But yeah, not much we can do about everyone getting to read our stuff I guess...*sigh* Ah well, its their fault for missing out ;)

Lol so true, shame on them ;)

Can't wait to see what you have in store.

Good Job! Great read, I hope if he ever returns to the MK Universe he's like the way you presented him...he's one of my most hated characters but you've shun a new light on him haha

3b46khh

I remember playing Dairou; he always seemed super super-excited when he did his Boob-Grab fatality. I mean, the dude JUMPED at it.