Have the new "looks" taken away from the feel?

Grafx

I was looking over the classic MK games.... Reptile used to feel so "god damn this guy is a little creepy, mysterious" and almost brought fear to fighting him! Kung Lao just looked intimdating since you could barely see his face. And in this game he seems very spiritual and kinda chilled out. Mileena's main costume killed her character for me. But seeing her alt costume was a breath of fresh air and brought back the TRUE female ninja that jade and kitana currently have.

Even Cyrax and Sektor... their new looks look good. and im happy with them. Alot of the iterations just look updated. And some look completely different

The same:
Kung lao
Kano (some what)
Jax
Sub-zero
Scorpion
Noob
Baraka
Jade
Kitana
nightwolf
sindel

Completely Different:
Reptile
Smoke
Sektor
Cyrax
Mileena
Cage (somewhat)

but will we see these classic skins? what do you think? Are you sad they are are you looking forward to feeling vintage and bringing back the best era of gaming?

mk3-bio11.gif

mk3-bio10.gif

mk3-bio06.gif

mk3-bio14.gif

but will we see these classic skins? what do you think? Are you sad they are are you looking forward to feeling vintage and bringing back the best era of gaming?

I honestly like, and hope it happens, the idea of all characters will get their original costumes. Whether they all are in the krypt or as DLC down the road, I hope that the ninjas aren't the only ones that pay homage to their klassic costumes.

I honestly like, and hope it happens, the idea of all characters will get their original costumes. Whether they all are in the krypt or as DLC down the road, I hope that the ninjas aren't the only ones that pay homage to their klassic costumes.

Mileena's alt costume sent me to a time machine that took me back to 1996, and I love it. I just hope her adorable face stays the same cuz she looks quite different.

I hope that the ninjas aren't the only ones that pay homage to their klassic costumes.

Agreed.
I hope all the ninjas (male and female) aren't the only ones to get their Klassic costumes.
I'd like to see the rest of the "Original 7" MK 1 Characters get their MK 1 costume (Except Liu Kang, I hope he gets his MK II costume).

Change is a good thing. I like talented developers taking chances. Too many franchises re-hash the same content over and over (COD, HALO). I wanna see karacters like smoke continue to be developed to keep things fresh and keep people talking.

You kidding mayn? I think the new look gives everyone personality. How was reptile intimidating from the way he looked? It was just a pallet swap, unless your scared of the color green I guess. The ninja's and cyborgs looking unique is amazing, plus street fighter characters wear the same stuff every single game, gets boring to look at.

I disagree. I think Reptile looks better than being human. I think it gives him more character, and its his best costume yet. I think that all the characters look significantly better. The only thing I would agree with, is I feel that boss characters arn't as intimidating as they used to be. Everyone else looks better, and gives them more character.

Mileena for example. She is the only female in the game that can pull of that costume, if anybody else wore that, it would look wrong.

Reptile nowadays helps his character. If he stayed human look and keep getting updated (like scorpion and subzero), he would get boring and wouldnt have his own character. Hes looking the best hes been in a while. I think every game reptile is in, he looks better and better (except MK4)

Looking forward to seeing a classic Skin for Kabal and the Robots, not that I dislike the new designs it's just the classic skin will be a bit more detailed I thiink scorpion,sub zero,ermac,reptile and smoke look better in their new skins but I won't be paying for it, hope it's in the game

Well, u cant please everyone. But yeah, I like the MK2 versions of all the characters. Sometimes I think less is more. Like Scorpion, for example. I think theres just alittle 2 much detail. My brain just doesnt remember that much "junk". I can draw in detail, all of the MK 1, 2, & 3 costumes from memory. But MK Armageddon? Forget about it. Why does Scorpion need like 4 swords, throwing stars, & I think he had grenades maybe? Hell who can remember? Was that the GI Joe figure versions or what? Like the Transformers movies. They were just flashes of chrome & jagged objects. I couldnt remember them if my life depended on it. Anyway, on MK9, I actually love like 90% of the design choices they made. Feels oldschool, with an hd 2011 twist. & the fact u can use the oldschool costumes rules all ass. Good job NRS! Oh, & yeah, the bosses coulda been made even a tad bigger & even more muscular. They need 2 be feared. All hail Shao Kahn!

I was looking over the classic MK games.... Reptile used to feel so "god damn this guy is a little creepy, mysterious" and almost brought fear to fighting him! Kung Lao just looked intimdating since you could barely see his face. And in this game he seems very spiritual and kinda chilled out. Mileena's main costume killed her character for me. But seeing her alt costume was a breath of fresh air and brought back the TRUE female ninja that jade and kitana currently have.

Even Cyrax and Sektor... their new looks look good. and im happy with them. Alot of the iterations just look updated. And some look completely different

The same:
Kung lao
Kano (some what)
Jax
Sub-zero
Scorpion
Noob
Baraka
Jade
Kitana
nightwolf
sindel

Completely Different:
Reptile
Smoke
Sektor
Cyrax
Mileena
Cage (somewhat)

mk3-bio11.gif

mk3-bio10.gif

mk3-bio06.gif

mk3-bio14.gif

i hope we have this!! that would be great!!

i just really wish and hope they bring sonya's mk3 costume back. i used to have a crush on the model that played her back then. =P