Is this the longest wait for an MK game?

Cyndrix

I was just thinking....this game was announced last June, and it finally arrives in April.

That means we wated 10 months for it, almost a full year.

Do you remember there ever being that much lag time between announcement and release? The last time I remember waiting a long time for an MK game was for the original, but even that I think wasn't more than 6 months.

Is it just me, or is this the longest we've had to wait for an MK game?

Too be honest I feel like Deadly Alliance was the longest wait for an MK game that thing took FOREVER!!

Man I can't remember honestly how long I waited for any MK game off the top of my head, its almost here though.

Please recall for me, how long was the wait for Deadly Alliance? because i wasn't that affiliated with forums and the likes.

Please recall for me, how long was the wait for Deadly Alliance? because i wasn't that affiliated with forums and the likes.

Its was over a year or 2 with super old screen shots and we never hardly got any info till about the last few months. Go on youtube and you can see some videos and screens to see what it originally was going to be and it looked like crap lol

Yeah. The biggest gap between main games (I know there were expansions and stuff) was between MK4 (1997) and Deadly Alliance (2002)... approximately a 5 year gap.

But I think that the wait for this game feels much longer because we are all extremely psyched for it.

Yes, this is the longest wait for a GREAT MK title.
I've been waiting for MK to return to it's glorious days since 2004 (Deception).

Good to see that it's only 20 days away.

I feel like its been years since I first seen the MK trailer with Raiden and Shao Kahn. I will be honest.....I have never been so anxious for any game to come out, EVER!! I have never joined a forum about any game, or discussed one like this before. I feel like an obsessed video game freak!! wait..............I am an obsessed video game freak!! haha what do u know? Winning!!!

Honestly for me, the wait has gone by pretty quickly. Time has flown a lot faster than for some of the previous games(announcement to release). For me, the longest would have been Deadly Alliance. That game felt like the wait was forever.

To answer your question though, with a more factual approach...

Basing it off of the amount of time from the 1st image or video released, 'til actual release of the game...

MK:DA was first shown on 8/17/2001(picture of Quan, Scorpion, and Jax) and released on 11/19/2002. That's a 15 month wait.

MK:D was first shown on 2/11/2004(picture of Baraka) and released on 10/4/2004.

I don't even need to look at MK:A and MKvsDC, because I know they weren't longer than 15 months. I'm pretty sure MK:DA was the longest wait in that regard, and it being 5 years since MK4, whereas most of the others were 1-3 years, it's pretty obvious it wins the longest wait award.

Reactions: MS3
If memory serves, Deadly Alliance took FOREVER. I remember seeing the website for "Mortal Kombat 5" maybe two years before the game actually came out...I think it just had a picture of Scorpion's eyes or something.

I don't really know, though, I was like 15 when Deadly Alliance came out, and about ten times as prone to getting geeked out over stuff, so its totally possible that I remember it being longer than it really was.

Yes, this is the longest wait for an MK game. Because this MK game is made for hardcore MK fans. It's back to 2D, the main core of MK, most of the ideas, including the roster, the gameplay, and several other things in the game were influenced by us the fans to Netherealm studios. To technically speaking, the fans this time had some creative input on the game. Almost everything we could've asked for in an MK game is featured in this game. So yes, this wait is long, but its almost here. Yesssss.

I feel like its been years since I first seen the MK trailer with Raiden and Shao Kahn. I will be honest.....I have never been so anxious for any game to come out, EVER!! I have never joined a forum about any game, or discussed one like this before. I feel like an obsessed video game freak!! wait..............I am an obsessed video game freak!! haha what do u know? Winning!!!

I have been totally ecstatic about a game before, but this one in particular and other MK titles (minus MKA and MKDC)... Feels like I was banging seven gram rocks, that's how I roll. WINNING!

I don't remember the wait for MKDA being too long. But I bet that's because the generation of consoles at that point was still relatively young and there were a bunch of great titles to be looking forward to.

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but with the age of the Xbox (I don't have a PS3), there really hasn't been too much in the past year that I've really been looking forward to, so I kind of put all my anticipation into MK. I was pretty excited for Splatterhouse, but I kind of knew it would be what it was. I think I have high hopes for MK, so that's why this wait seems pretty long. Also, the first media of the game looked like it was pretty far into production already, so I thought it wouldn't take too long to finish everything up and get it out.

Hoenstly, even though I think the price tag is really high, the thing that's making me look most forward to this MK is the tournament stick because it's finally a way to play MK the way I think it is meant to be played. I really could never get that used to the controllers and using the shoulder buttons to block.

Of course, I'm also old and married now with a house and my life has calmed down so I can look forward to video games again. When MKDA was coming out, I was still young and single and partying all the time, so I probably just didn't devote that much time to worrying about a video game :)

Id say this is the 2nd most painful wait for an MK game that ive endured. I remember waiting for MK2 for the SNES when I was younger & I had 2 mow the lawn for months 2 save up the money. The night before the release date, I called Toys R Us to make sure they were gonna have it & an old lady told me they were putting it on the shelves now. I was floored, I had my mom speed me up there & I got there right as they were closing & they let me buy it, no problem. I was one of the first kids in TX to own it. Them was the days...

Id say this is the 2nd most painful wait for an MK game that ive endured. I remember waiting for MK2 for the SNES when I was younger & I had 2 mow the lawn for months 2 save up the money. The night before the release date, I called Toys R Us to make sure they were gonna have it & an old lady told me they were putting it on the shelves now. I was floored, I had my mom speed me up there & I got there right as they were closing & they let me buy it, no problem. I was one of the first kids in TX to own it. Them was the days...

Oh... the days when retailers didn't give a flip about street dates or regulations...