Are you going to use a TE/MK fightstick competitively online?

SaibotMK

I don't have a lot of time to make this detailed, I have 0 issue's with the PS3 controller. The more I play the demo the more I realize that I probably will not play compeitive online with the fightstick and do very well. I already bought it online through bestbuy though and I will try to use it, I would love to justify using it.

What are you planning on doing?

EDIT: If anything for me it will at least be fun because it takes me back to the MK - MK3 days at the arcade.

no, simply because i didn't order the TE edition. most importantly for me, I am completely satisfied with how the xbox 360 Dpad is made. Using the TE joystick might make me slip the d-pad into a direction i do not want it to go (as in upper right instead of straight, get it?)

Since I already play all my games with the D-pad (I mostly play platformers and old school arcades), I will try to spice things up with the TE stick.

The old-school cabinet stick feeling is what I was after anyways and they say it is as close as it gets. Mortal Kombat 2011 is gonna be all about going back to the roots for me and satisfying that nostalgia.

So even if the stick turns out to somehow be worse than the D-pad (which I doubt since it's up to personal pereference) I'll stick with the stick (hehe, pun not intended).

: )

ON SECOND THOUGHT, i used to play umk3 at the bowling alley by my house and had no problem playing cyrax and pulling off the 7 hit combos lol. but the fatality on the other hand were a bit more challenging. only if they sold the sticks still.

Thats what she said :)
It will take sometime to get used to the fight stick, but i do want that old arcade feeling. My childhood was the arcade machines of the early 90s.

i dont plan on ever using the dualshock for mk. TE stick all the way, i see it working like butter for this game.

If you ever want to last competitively you need a stick. Your wrist moves faster than your thumb, plus less wear and tear.