DECEPTION new fighters, choose one for DLC.

"What (Deception) new fighter you like to see in DLC

• Total voters
Havik was a barrel and a half worth of fun to play as, I really enjoyed him.
Ashrah was pretty cool and has lots of potential. She needs a bit of a reboot on her look, more Arabian ninja maybe, but I'd rather she not get skanked out lol.
Darrius fell into the stereotypical "black tough guy" look, but I liked his moves a lot. He wouldn't be my first choice, but if he ever returns he needs to find himself a more unique look.

Havik is the only option here. If you picked otherwise, you're wrong. Bring on the hate. =]

Havik is the only option here. If you picked otherwise, you're wrong. Bring on the hate. =]

*rolls eyes*

I think that Havik's the best too and I still think you're a perfect example of the stereotypical ignorant teenager. You're a credit to us all, truly. :top:

But back on-topic: I think Ashrah has some good potential if they put some work in.

*rolls eyes*

I think that Havik's the best too and I still think you're a perfect example of the stereotypical ignorant teenager. You're a credit to us all, truly. :top:

But back on-topic: I think Ashrah has some good potential if they put some work in.

No, the stereotypical teenager calls people out and makes assessments of that person without any REAL knowledge of that person. Because we think of ourselves as so educated that we know what's wrong with everybody else. Take thine high-and-mighty attitude and shove it. The other new characters in Deception are terrible, and have no redeeming qualities. I stand by what I said, albeit originally in a jovial sense, in regards to Havik being the only right choice.

No, the stereotypical teenager calls people out and makes assessments of that person without any REAL knowledge of that person. Because we think of ourselves as so educated that we know what's wrong with everybody else. Take thine high-and-mighty attitude and shove it. The other new characters in Deception are terrible, and have no redeeming qualities. I stand by what I said, albeit originally in a jovial sense, in regards to Havik being the only right choice.

Standing by something tends to work better if you make a point, not just make a random statement. I have no problem with your opinion of Havik being way better than all the other new Deception fighters, you're entitled to it. The problem arises with the fact that you offer nothing to back up a statement that's obviously meant to rile people up lol (hell, you even said so yourself). You were also the one to call people out first, and wait for it: with no knowledge of them at all! Claiming they're wrong without any reason for you to be right sounds pretty ignorant to me. Spotting an claim made with no backing (ignorant) doesn't take a high-and-mighty attitude. Just a touch of common sense lol. It's pretty easy to note a lack of facts.

PS - I understand a statement made jovially, it's what I've been doing the whole time lol. I've never been able to take internet arguments seriously. Tis a curse.

Shujinko is key.

It takes a real MK fan to see why ;)

Is there any greater truth in this world? lol

I provided no examples because I felt it was self-evident. But, I digress.

Shujinko - the most annoying, generic, idiotic main character MK's ever had. Absolute bore to play as.
Onaga - worst design of a boss character ever. Just felt like a last minute thing, better off staying out of the picture.
Kira/Kobra/Dairou/Darrius/Ashrah - all completely forgettable, and really had nothing to make themselves stand out. The story would suffer none in their absence.
Hotaru is potentially the only other character that could be made interesting (plus would represent Seido I suppose), but his combat style offers nothing really new besides a pop-up fireball and a different bike kick. Havik's look is unique and interesting, his motivations keep you guessing and his playstyle is a huge variation compared to other characters.

Me giving an open invitation for hate, was more of an acknowledgment that people weren't going to like what I have to say. There were no false pretenses there. I don't need to know people to acknowledge that they won't like what I have to say. However, to say I fall into a schema of a negative aspect of my generation, is just ignorant and makes you come off like a major dick. =]

Shujinko - Fresh face and a bold move. Moves were borrowed but fit with his story unlike so many characters (Kobra shoots fireballs? Why?)
He trained with many different kombatants his entire life, so he has picked up many tricks and techniques. Rags to riches MK style :laugh:

Onaga - Agreed

Kobra/Kira/Darrius/Ashrah - Agreed, but I have faith NRS will turn them around for MK10.

Dairou - Love traditional Chinese assassins.

Darrius is pretty cool, especially if they put in his alternate, the hippy one. Also his fatality was cool and Anatomically incorrect. He's a cool brother.

I provided no examples because I felt it was self-evident. But, I digress.

Shujinko - the most annoying, generic, idiotic main character MK's ever had. Absolute bore to play as.
Onaga - worst design of a boss character ever. Just felt like a last minute thing, better off staying out of the picture.
Kira/Kobra/Dairou/Darrius/Ashrah - all completely forgettable, and really had nothing to make themselves stand out. The story would suffer none in their absence.
Hotaru is potentially the only other character that could be made interesting (plus would represent Seido I suppose), but his combat style offers nothing really new besides a pop-up fireball and a different bike kick. Havik's look is unique and interesting, his motivations keep you guessing and his playstyle is a huge variation compared to other characters.

Me giving an open invitation for hate, was more of an acknowledgment that people weren't going to like what I have to say. There were no false pretenses there. I don't need to know people to acknowledge that they won't like what I have to say. However, to say I fall into a schema of a negative aspect of my generation, is just ignorant and makes you come off like a major dick. =]

It's my generation too, that's why I had a problem. I've know a lot of people my age get put down because of our age and the generation we come from. Making generalize statements that ignore the potential of other, contradictory statements but in turn offering no kind of proof bothers it. I really have no qualms with you, just that one statement. Offering the support you just did means I've got no issue at all now. Sorry if I offended you, but I just took issue with your one statement. From here I've got no problem with you. Peace offering here, if you want it.

Ashrah and Havik. I don't see Onaga being DLC since he has no part in the MK1-MK3 timeline.

My vote goes to Havik. He was fun to play as and was an interesting character as well. He didn't exactly support evil over good, but did support chaos over harmony.

Havik only, the rest should die and stay that way forever... worst characters ever

Last edited: