What they are pretty much doing to Sub-Zero (Kuai Liang) (spoilers in a way)

Justinkeithd

BANALITY
Out of all the characters, subzero has the most background story and most storyline all together, and its an awesome storyline might I add. The events of MKD where he finds the tombs of his ancestors were awesome, and his battle for the Dragon Medallion. Over time hes developed into his own character and not just another person to have in the game, giving him a completely different look (Cryomancer ancestor armor) and leadership over the Lin kuei.

So pretty much what they are doing is making him the one who is transformed into a cyborg and THROWING ALL OF THAT STORYLINE AWAY, and saying that it NEVER HAPPENED.

For example, thats like jk rowling writing another harry potter book thats a page long saying that future harry sends young harry a message and he just never goes to hogwarts and just makes a sandwich and watches tv instead.

Out of all the characters, subzero has the most background story and most storyline all together, and its an awesome storyline might I add. The events of MKD where he finds the tombs of his ancestors were awesome, and his battle for the Dragon Medallion. Over time hes developed into his own character and not just another person to have in the game, giving him a completely different look (Cryomancer ancestor armor) and leadership over the Lin kuei.

So pretty much what they are doing is making him the one who is transformed into a cyborg and THROWING ALL OF THAT STORYLINE AWAY, and saying that it NEVER HAPPENED.

For example, thats like jk rowling writing another harry potter book thats a page long saying that future harry sends young harry a message and he just never goes to hogwarts and just makes a sandwich and watches tv instead.

It's what they decided to do with his story. You, nor does anyone else, know what the future will hold for Sub-Zero. We can all speculate many things, which there's nothing wrong with, but think about it this way:

If you really think about it, Subs ancestry isn't going to change. The story may not mention these things, but if it's a part of his past, that won't... well at least shouldn't... change.

And why can't he do all this as Cyborg? Why can't he fight Sektor for the medallion in the future or find the tomb? He can even use the helmet for his cyborg look.

Who said that he won't become a full human again or won't look more human in next games like Cyrax's alt in DA?

He has a free will and is still Kuai Lang!!! That's the point. But people like you can see the future as it seems

1. he can be reverted next game
2. He can get rid of most of the armor and use for example the helmet or the arm parts?

There are plenty of ways and we don't know the future. But how do you know he can't do similar things like in the past? And you are aware that the story was announced to changed so how do you know if Ninja Subs story would have been the same after all?

There are plenty of ways and we don't know the future. But how do you know he can't do similar things like in the past? And you are aware that the story was announced to changed so how do you know if Ninja Subs story would have been the same after all?

The grand master of the lin kuei isnt going to be captured and turned into a cyborg...BECAUSE THAT ENDED WHEN HE BECAME GRAND MASTER. The old grand master was the one who turned cyrax, sector, and the captured smoke into cyborgs, sektor became the grand master and sub defeated him, so the quest to turn him into a cyborg ended...

The point is, they are throwing the already amazing story away.

You got the story wrong. Sektor never became the grand master in the old story. The grandmaster have was slaughtered by him and Sub And Sektor fought for the leadership and for the possesion of the medallion

So why he can't fight Sektor once again for the leadership to make the Lin Kuei good and getting the medallion. That was his point!

And point is... EVERYONE knew that the storyline would change and ever since the hinting that someone else will become a CYBORG people should have expected that this will happen.

And yeah he had a amazing story back then... But why can't he have one in the future as well... Noob and him already met in this NEW timeline and are aware of each other, Sektor is seeking to become the grandmaster, Scorpion may hunt his brother, Human Smoke is his ally this time and so on.

You got the story wrong. Sektor never became the grand master in the old story. The grandmaster have was slaughtered by him and Sub And Sektor fought for the leadership and for the possesion of the medallion.

I like the new story. I like the changes and taking a different spin on things.

Mortal Kombat Wiki - Lin Kuei said:
The storyline of MK4/Deadly Alliance revealed some significant changes to the Lin Kuei and their history. During the events of Mortal Kombat Gold, Sektor's programming became corrupt and he attacked and killed the Lin Kuei Grandmaster. Sektor attempted to turn himself Grandmaster by taking possession of a hitherto unmentioned Dragon Medallion, whose possession determines the leadership of the Lin Kuei, as well as increase its wearer's powers. However, Sektor was prevented from taking the Medallion by a returning Sub-Zero, who fought him over the clan's leadership and won. Sektor fled to Japan, and Sub-Zero assumed the title of Grandmaster himself.

Last edited:
You see. This can still happen. We all have to accept that in this game we have CSZ but Ninja Sub as well. In the future we have no clue what woll happen and maybe he will be reverted, even if I love his look.

You have to see this game as a new one and not as a simple retelling of all the stories from the past. Like the reboot of Batman and so on. Give it a chance and enjoy this game. The future will tell us the rest

You see. This can still happen. We all have to accept that in this game we have CSZ but Ninja Sub as well. In the future we have no clue what woll happen and maybe he will be reverted, even if I love his look.

You have to see this game as a new one and not as a simple retelling of all the stories from the past. Like the reboot of Batman and so on. Give it a chance and enjoy this game. The future will tell us the rest

Not to mention (I know this is kind of off on a tangent) Subs game play is much slower and bulkier than you would expect from a ninja. CSZ is rumored to be a much faster game play.

WOW! I like the story...all of it to be honest. Theres getting to be alot of these threads lately. If you have a problem then play as the human Sub-Zero and in future games if he is a Cyborg then why are some of you getting so upset? You should be happy that NRS is Taking chances and doing something new.

Besides this isnt a remake! This is a retelling of the events with new things happening This also isnt Street Fighter Do some of you honestly want all the Kharacters to be the same in every single installment we get? To be honest whats the point even buying a new game if the kharacter for the most part is going to be the samething over and over and over again!

Im a huge Sub-Zero fan and yes I perfer the Human version but this very refreshing and needed in my opinion

WOW! I like the story...all of it to be honest. Theres getting to be alot of these threads lately. If you have a problem then play as the human Sub-Zero and in future games if he is a Cyborg then why are some of you getting so upset? You should be happy that NRS is Taking chances and doing something new.

It's human nature to not like change... but damn. This is a video game. Peoples' lives aren't going to end if Sub is a cyborg.

MK_Reaper said:
Besides this isnt a remake! This is a retelling of the events with new things happening This also isnt Street Fighter Do some of you honestly want all the Kharacters to be the same in every single installment we get? To be honest whats the point even buying a new game if the kharacter for the most part is going to be the samething over and over and over again!

Well the point of buying a new game with the exact same characters is... oh wait... your right. THERE IS NO POINT

MK_Reaper said:
Im a huge Sub-Zero fan and yes I perfer the Human version but this very refreshing and needed in my opinion

Refreshing ideas are always good.
+Rep man.

Edit: Damn it. It won't let me give you any rep.

No one gives me rep =(

Serious question: You didn't get rep from me for this? I thought I did. My laptop is stupid, plus I'm in class, plus all the spoilers. Lol.

(For the future though, you might not want post something like that. A lot of people will neg rep you just for saying something like that.)

It was a joke ;-) I do not care about this reputation. people will neg rep me just because I like CSZ for sure xD

But still thank you for your rep =)

It was a joke ;-) I do not care about this reputation. people will neg rep me just because I like CSZ for sure xD

Yeah. I honestly wouldn't worry about rep. I used to, but I get neg repped hardcore for standing up for myself and lost 200 points. So now I don't really care so much. Shit's gonna happen and people are going to neg rep you just because you like something that they don't.

I'll say upfront that I'm pretty much staying away from all story spoilers. I've seen the recent cast picture leaks so I know about the cyber-sub... I've skimmed most of the stuff in hear just to peak and it seems like most of y'all are afraid of what cyber-sub means to the storyline. My response is, do we know for sure that cyber-sub will be a main part of the story, or is he simply a cool insert into the arcade/vs. mode??? Like I said, my lack of story spoilers may already prove me wrong... but from what I've seen cyber-sub is located in the unlock/dlc slot in the characer select screen. I'm personally thinking he's nothing more than an extra fighter to enjoy, but he doesn't not influence the story mode and anything going forward. Kind of like Kratos, he's in the game but it's just for fun, nothing more.

Well I say it right away... You are wrong and I and a lot of others can prove it to you... But you don't want to get spoiled so I won't do it.

Just live with the No and don't try to disproce it, if you have no knowledge about this case