Honestly Guys. Can we try to try to hold our judgement until the game is released?

Every day, I see 2 - 3 new posts *****ing about something new about the game.

1) Fatalities- Every single time somebody starts *****ing about all the fatalities being similar/the same, a lot of members try explaining that we haven't seen anywhere near half of the fatalities that we will end up getting. If each character is supposed to have 2, that's 52 fatalities right out of the box, not including if there are secret characters, DLC characters and fatalities. There is a reason why we have only seen certain fatalities. If NRS is truly going to deliver fatalities that are "pushing the boundaries" public media censorship wouldn't allow for these fatalities to be displayed.

2) Music/Sound Effects- This one doesn't show up that often, and I'm not sure if it has recently, but there have been a lot of complaints about music not being loud enough, sound effects not making sense, and the announcers voice not being loud or sinister enough. First off, for those basing this judgment from the demo, as many have stated, music files take up a lot of memory, therefore "crapped out versions" of the sounds would have been included in the demo to keep the size down. For those basing this judgment from the online videos, these videos are from game play that isn't the final version of the game.

3) Characters- A lot of people have been complaining about character designs, character costumes, etc. Simple solution: each character is supposed to have 2 or 3 costumes (I believe), if you don't like their main costume, use an alt. If you don't like any of the alts, then don't use the character. Even with the characters we have seen, we haven't gotten to play as any of the characters (with the exception of the PS3 demo) so why not hold your judgment of determining that a character "sucks" until after you have actually gotten to play as them.

4) DLC- Another big thing, as a result of recent events, that people have been complaining about is DLC. The only thing I can say to this is until PSN or XBL has the DLC, I wouldn't be worrying what is posted in which media form, because everybody is trying to "be the first with news."

I understand that the point of the forum is for people to come together to discuss things about the game, and negative aspects are included in that, but do we really need 2 or 3 new threads a day *****ing about some other little detail of the game? This is partly to blame with people not using the Search button, as Jade as posted people need to be doing, however every new thread *****es about one little thing that's slightly different so that it's not technically a duplicate thread. I think that there should be only 5 threads dedicated to "complaining" about the game, if you really have to complain. One for each of the four main points, along with one for miscellaneous other things. It would be even better to only have one thread talking about the negative aspects of the game, but either way, WE DON'T NEED TWO NEW THREADS EVERY DAY *****ING ABOUT THE GAME.

I think if we could all adhere to not making a brand new post every time we have something to complain about (for those of you that have to complain about the game) and simply posting it in an existing thread discussing a similar topic, I think this will help reduce the clutter.

Sorry for another rant, but my last one seemed to have a lasting effect, hopefully this one will as well.

Even though this thread will most likely get closed, I agree wholeheartedly with you bro, whole-****ing-heartedly.

your 110% right but i just hope the ppl who make the threads your taking about wont over look this one.

I got nothing to complain on about the game really, only that Quan Chi and another character (not saying name cuz of spoilers) make it onto the final roster over Rain, who was in the original Trilogy. But I havent lost faith in NRS. Everything looks great and I cant wait to get my hands onto the game. The banning with Aussie isnt right, but maybe NRS can get the game released in the country later on, just toning down the violence to fit their standards. Its sucks i know, but what can you do?

I agree with what you are saying. Let's wait until the game comes out before people start hating on it.

BTW: Has this site been running poorly for anyone else today or is it just me?

Even though this thread will most likely get closed, I agree wholeheartedly with you bro, whole-****ing-heartedly.

I don't think it will get closed, but I don't know for sure. I created a similar thread when the forums were flooded with something else (I'm not bringing it up, because I don't want to reignite the storm) and since that post that topic hasn't been as abundant. I hope it doesn't get closed, because I know that a lot of the members, especially members that have been here for a while (no offense towards new members) feel the same way.

I agree with what you are saying. Let's wait until the game comes out before people start hating on it.

BTW: Has this site been running poorly for anyone else today or is it just me?

Pat said it's because of the massive amount of traffic to the forum because of certain leaks.

Last edited:
Its not just you, its the flux of guests browsing on the forums which are causing the slow down. If any of you are reading this post I hope you either A) Burn in hell and stop taking up the users' bandwidth or B) Make an account :).

As for the matter at hand, yeah people are judging this game WAY too quickly, especially the people who are causing a lot of conflict. The demo was an old build, get that through your heads people. Be thankful they even gave us a demo, Pax, Truck Tour, etc. to let us play the game early.

Reactions: MS3
I actually find it hilarious how people's only problems with the game are these small little nitpicks. The game isn't called "Fatality, The Game" or "Super Graphics Fighter 9". The fact that its rare to see people post threads complaining about the actual core gameplay is a HUGE compliment to the developers. The game is achieving what it wanted to. Casual players want to play it, tournament players want to play it. That's incredible in my book. A new fighting game is breaking into today's mainstream. I LOVE the fact that when I go to iplaywinner.com that I see Mortal Kombat as one of the showcased games alongside the big names in the business.

To the people that say "I won't/might not get the game if they don't fix _________", just let them moan. I honestly don't want them to get the game if 1 character's hair or fatalities are the deal breaker for them.

Last edited:
I actually find it hilarious how people's online problems with the game are these small little nitpicks. The game isn't called "Fatality, The Game" or "Super Graphics Fighter 9". The fact that its rare to see people post threads complaining about the actual core gameplay is a HUGE compliment to the developers. The game is achieving what it wanted to. Casual players want to play it, tournament players want to play it. That's incredible in my book. A new fighting game is breaking into today's mainstream. I LOVE the fact that when I go to iplaywinner.com that I see Mortal Kombat on the top of the showcased games alongside the big names in the business.

To the people that say "I won't/might not get the game if they don't fix _________", just let them moan. I honestly don't want them to get the game if 1 character's hair or fatalities are the deal breaker for them.

This is exactly it. Especially the last paragraph. If you truly like the game, you would get over/used to one 'bad' thing in the game. If you won't buy it because of one thing, then you aren't really a fan to begin with.

Every day, I see 2 - 3 new posts *****ing about something new about the game.

1) Fatalities- Every single time somebody starts *****ing about all the fatalities being similar/the same, a lot of members try explaining that we haven't seen anywhere near half of the fatalities that we will end up getting. If each character is supposed to have 2, that's 52 fatalities right out of the box, not including if there are secret characters, DLC characters and fatalities. There is a reason why we have only seen certain fatalities. If NRS is truly going to deliver fatalities that are "pushing the boundaries" public media censorship wouldn't allow for these fatalities to be displayed.

2) Music/Sound Effects- This one doesn't show up that often, and I'm not sure if it has recently, but there have been a lot of complaints about music not being loud enough, sound effects not making sense, and the announcers voice not being loud or sinister enough. First off, for those basing this judgment from the demo, as many have stated, music files take up a lot of memory, therefore "crapped out versions" of the sounds would have been included in the demo to keep the size down. For those basing this judgment from the online videos, these videos are from game play that isn't the final version of the game.

3) Characters- A lot of people have been complaining about character designs, character costumes, etc. Simple solution: each character is supposed to have 2 or 3 costumes (I believe), if you don't like their main costume, use an alt. If you don't like any of the alts, then don't use the character. Even with the characters we have seen, we haven't gotten to play as any of the characters (with the exception of the PS3 demo) so why not hold your judgment of determining that a character "sucks" until after you have actually gotten to play as them.

4) DLC- Another big thing, as a result of recent events, that people have been complaining about is DLC. The only thing I can say to this is until PSN or XBL has the DLC, I wouldn't be worrying what is posted in which media form, because everybody is trying to "be the first with news."

I understand that the point of the forum is for people to come together to discuss things about the game, and negative aspects are included in that, but do we really need 2 or 3 new threads a day *****ing about some other little detail of the game? This is partly to blame with people not using the Search button, as Jade as posted people need to be doing, however every new thread *****es about one little thing that's slightly different so that it's not technically a duplicate thread. I think that there should be only 5 threads dedicated to "complaining" about the game, if you really have to complain. One for each of the four main points, along with one for miscellaneous other things. It would be even better to only have one thread talking about the negative aspects of the game, but either way, WE DON'T NEED TWO NEW THREADS EVERY DAY *****ING ABOUT THE GAME.

I think if we could all adhere to not making a brand new post every time we have something to complain about (for those of you that have to complain about the game) and simply posting it in an existing thread discussing a similar topic, I think this will help reduce the clutter.

Sorry for another rant, but my last one seemed to have a lasting effect, hopefully this one will as well.

I totally agree with every single word of your post +1 rep for you. These topics are really getting out of hand.

A thread *****ing about people *****ing. I love it!!!! + REP for humor!

Seriously though,
MK fans are nothing if not passionate. This very reason, as well as the lackluster games since UMK3, combine to create the inevitability that MK fans will critique and criticize this latest installment. Also, it has been made clear by the team at NRS that this is a fan service game and that they are 'listening to the fans' this time around. This means that popular fan sites such as TRMK will play host to these passionate fans expressing their opinions, complaints, hopes, and hates about MK 2011 in hopes that the team may peruse the site and use the fan-based criticism to build the best MK yet.

As for being upset that there are complaint threads every day, simply avoid the threads. They are very tiny little one-liner titles that usually state that the thread contains a criticism. Unless one suffers from OCD (Obsessive Clicking Disorder), it should be quite simple to avoid the negative threads, thus keeping your mind full of happy MK thoughts and dreams. Good luck and ho' MK!

Last edited:
1. Agree

2. Agree

3. Neutral, there are only a few little things I dont like but nothing I am personally going to piss and moan over like others do.

4. Agree

Not sure about the lag, the symptoms have been here for a few days off and on. I also havnt seen more then 600 online at anyone time today either which shouldnt cause this type of delay.

i'm gonna judge it all the hell i want!! and i judge it as EFFING AWESOME!!!!

people are gonna complain cuz thats what they do. if they dont complain about how certain characters look they complain because a certain "purple prince" *snickers* didnt make the final cut. i do agree howerver. people need to stop nitpicking and whining and just appreciate the fact that we have a new mortal kombat to be proud of. i for one cant wait only 3 weeks to go. the only thing that sucks for me is that the gamestop where i live hasn't gotten enuff pre-orders for a midnight release so i have to get it in the morning.

i'm gonna judge it all the hell i want!! and i judge it as EFFING AWESOME!!!!

people are gonna complain cuz thats what they do. if they dont complain about how certain characters look they complain because a certain "purple prince" *snickers* didnt make the final cut. i do agree howerver. people need to stop nitpicking and whining and just appreciate the fact that we have a new mortal kombat to be proud of. i for one cant wait only 3 weeks to go. the only thing that sucks for me is that the gamestop where i live hasn't gotten enuff pre-orders for a midnight release so i have to get it in the morning.

I'm still waiting to find out if the gamestop near me is going to. My friend works there, so I can just ask him.

All I want to say is thank god there are other people who are as sick of the negativity around here as I am. There are more than enough great things about this game to make us happy with it, and NRS has done more than enough to gain our trust that they can deliver the MK we've all been waiting for.
When I see new members shitting on, I can deal with it. But when people who I expect more maturity from start doing it, it makes me want to leave this forum. I've always tried to offer a positive point of view on just about every topic, but it's always an uphill battle. I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one who wants to give MK9 my full support.

PS:
I want to clarify that I have nothing against seeing opinions on both sides. Discussing and sharing views is great, it's the reason I come here. But it all depends on how people express themselves, and what reason they have to back up their argument. If a member's expressing their hate about something, I expect them to have a damn good reason for that kind of emotion.

Last edited:
Well I feel like a kid counting down the days til christmas for this game, so NRS has to be doing something right lol