What's up with the DLC?!?

Joe Rachid

I had a feeling that this would happen... What is up with the MK Team? First of all, they added 3/4 of the characters from MK 1- UMK3... Second, they already started with the DLC? Instead of adding new characters to the DLC like "Lady in Red" and Kenshi and all of these noobs, how about you actually add the characters that have an important role throughout the history of MK such as Rain, Shinnok, Fujin, Tanya and even Reiko! The MK team specifically said that any unimportant and non-popular character would not show up in the game... Unfortunately, they added "Lady in Red" or "Skarlett" who nobody even knows about and Kenshi. Kenshi is Alright, but why her? Is she even a rumored character? She is just a result of bad Arcade machines...

I am seeing the future of MK from today, the next thing you will see in Mortal Kombat 10 (If that even comes out), are Nimbus Terrafaux, Bellok, Hornbuckle and even Torch. I don't mean anything wrong but continue finishing the DLC for characters from UMK 3 (Rain) and MK 4 (Shinnok, Tanya, Fujin). Then, maybe then, I would think of purchasing DLC since it is a waist of money. Who would pay 10$ for a virtual object. I'm imagining spending 50$ or more on DLC, I mean that's more than the price of the game... Please fix this.

Sincerely;
MK fan who doesn't want people to say: "OH yeah I remember that game!" after ten years or so...

The MK team specifically said that any unimportant and non-popular character would not show up in the game

The dlc characters must have been fan favorites or must have had some kind of other significance amongst the fans in order for them to make it in MK9. So saying they are unpopular is pretty ignorant. There are people who obviously like these characters. NetherRealm didnt include these characters in the mix just to here you "female dog"

Lady in Red and Kenshi are pretty damn popular characters; Lady in Red has a pretty big fanbase from the glitch; NRS is just giving the fanbase what it wants...

I think they are saving the "better" characters for later on in MK9's life cycle to breathe life back into it if it dies down.

STOP complaining about DLC. Its part of the video game world now,get over it. If you dont like it, then dont buy it. No sense in complaining about it when there's NOTHING you can do about it. More ppl prefer DLC than not having it.

3/4 of the characters from MK1-UMK3??? The only characters from those games left out are Rain and Motaro. Second, you don't know who are gonna be the DLC characters after Lady in Red and Kenshi. Maybe the next ones will be Shinnok and Tanya, and that supposing Rain and Motaro will be the first ones.

not agreeing with this. Im pretty impressed with what they are giving us. rain i understand but shinnok has nothing to do with mk1 2 or 3 and def not tanya. kenshi is awesome

I personally think Shinnok is too major of a character to just slip in with DLC. He obviously has more of a fanbase than Kenshi but I think if anything they might feel a little reluctant to just throw him into the mix because he has 1000% more potential in the next installment of the game. This is from the events of MK1-3, Shinnok really has no place in it. At least Kenshi's main grudge and storyline revolves around Shang Tsung who is currently a main character in this MK.

And about the Lady in Red; it just feels right to introduce a new character to the mix. And she is the perfect candidate because she already has a fanbase even though she's never been in a game. It's not like they made her part of the initial roster. She's DLC. I'm more than happy about their choices for the first two DLC characters.

The bottom line is you cant expect to have everyone in this game at launch. It takes nearly 2 months to make one kharacter cuz they model their insides now. We need to be thankful that we got as much as we did. Damn we pretty much got MK Trilogy minus Rain, who I still believe is on disc cuz he was asked about more than anyone else by far, plau Boon asked who would we like to see as DLC and included Rain in there. I think whoever was the most requested of that list is the one who will make it on the disc. I cant wait to find out.

I'd rather see Rain WAAAAAAAY before any of the other aforementioned characters.
Like it or not, Rain was part of the MK 1 thru UMK 3 era (yes that includes console versions).
Obviously, Rain has a big following if lots of people want him in as FIRST DLC.

We had a poll up a few months ago and RAIN was, by far, the most requested DLC character.
If NRS reads the forums and listens to the fans (like they claim to do), then I'm SURE that they have some plans for Rain in the immediate future

I personally think Shinnok is too major of a character to just slip in with DLC. He obviously has more of a fanbase than Kenshi but I think if anything they might feel a little reluctant to just throw him into the mix because he has 1000% more potential in the next installment of the game. This is from the events of MK1-3, Shinnok really has no place in it. At least Kenshi's main grudge and storyline revolves around Shang Tsung who is currently a main character in this MK.

And about the Lady in Red; it just feels right to introduce a new character to the mix. And she is the perfect candidate because she already has a fanbase even though she's never been in a game. It's not like they made her part of the initial roster. She's DLC. I'm more than happy about their choices for the first two DLC characters.

Kenshi...... hes pretty badass so idc that he is DLC, Kintaro..... meh ok but i just hope he isnt playable, and if he is, be better not be like the bosses in Armageddon where Grabs, Projectiles like scorpions spear, and what not dont effect them, also if they are not power houses, like one punch nearly knocks you down 30% of your life then i welcome him in with open arms, it sucked trynna play as my fav ninja scorpion, only to have the 12 year old next to me pick onaga because "he looked really cool" and renders Scorpions special moves useless :| forcing me to pick another big character, so yeah thats MY problem with the DLC,

also i think Rain should have been replaced by Skarlet in the DLC and ill tell you why, i was REALLY hoping for a skarlet secret battle like they did with Reptile, Jade, Smoke and Noob Saibot, it just doesnt have the same feeling knwin NRS took a rumored character and said...." well..... here she is" instead of trynna hide her you know? it doesnt feel all that vintage anymore.....

Nothings up with the DLC whats up with you?

I know for a fact that this game has a framework installed into it to prolong it's life, and you will get to see alot of the good stuff and more from mk1 to mkA so stop *****ing about it and be patient... Right glad I got that off my chest and no disrespect to you personally it is all well and good speculating about what will be in but don't moan about it because the game itself is not even out yet, I mean come on... Give NRS a chance they are about to release a game with 22 characters you have not played with yet if you have the demo...and you are moaning because of 2 DLC characters you know about and they are not the ones you want.... Sheez

how about you actually add the characters that have an important role throughout the history of MK such as Rain, Shinnok, Fujin, Tanya and even Reiko!

Why do people keep saying that Rain has an important role in the MK story? All he did was betray Edenia and join Shao Kahn. That's it.

I think they should concentrate on getting Rain in the game ASAP. People obviously want him in and he's from the MK 1-3 era so why not have him in? I don't get it.

She is just a result of bad Arcade machines...

I guess Ermac is as worthless as she is, too? After all, he's just the result of bad arcade machines, no?

I would rather have new characters than roll out MK4+ characters. I couldn't stand many of them, including all of the ones you named.

I do understand where you are coming from. However be patient, we know kenshi and "skarlet" are going to be DLC, but i belive the DLC pack will be more than just them 2. Rain is all but confirmed to be DLC at somepoint. As for Fujin, Tanya and Reiko they will most probably be DLC at some point aswell. Shinnok is the only "maybe not" out of them because he is a god/boss charcter, although i dont see a problem having a fallen god with no amulet as a normal charcter. But the MK team might see it diffently and his story might be held back for the next game who knows.

But as i said above i do see where you are coming from, immediatly when i thought of DLC i assumed Rain, Reiko and Tanya.
However i do think u should see DLC as EXTRA's and nothing else. They are a brialliant, non necassary additon to the game, you should be happy to have any DLC.