What are the bad points to this game

GhostK

I honestly struggle to try and think of cons to do with this game, i can't think of anything that makes this game bad in any way. We all know the pros and we can see it has alot more than any other fighting game has ever had with the challenge tower, story mode, training, mini games, online and arcade so it is not just fighting the same way over and over such as street fighter or marvel vs capcom.

Can you see any negative aspects to this game, i can't think of anything that would prevent a reviewer giving this a 10/10?

Serious: It's too early to tell, right now we have a list of what will be in the
game. the game has not been released, thus a comprehensive review of
good points and bad points is impossible.

Personally I reckon it'll get 85%-95% as an average of all reviews.

Obviously I can't say for sure, but it seems like the Challenge Tower may be repetitive (it would be hard for it not to be with 300 challenges).

Other than that... can't think of anything major.

I honestly struggle to try and think of cons to do with this game, i can't think of anything that makes this game bad in any way. We all know the pros and we can see it has alot more than any other fighting game has ever had with the challenge tower, story mode, training, mini games, online and arcade so it is not just fighting the same way over and over such as street fighter or marvel vs capcom.

Can you see any negative aspects to this game, i can't think of anything that would prevent a reviewer giving this a 10/10?

I honestly mean you no disrepect by stating this, but take it however you want.

It is extremely premature to expect any kind of accurate depiction of negative aspects of the game.
1) As stated, the game hasn't been released or played yet.
2) Only half of the MK fans (PS3 users) have even gotten to play the demo, which as many have stated in other threads, is broken and nearly 12 weeks by now.

There is honestly no way to answer this until we get our hands on the game. I don't even get why a question like this would arise, because the only answers you are going to get are like the one blackice87 (no offense intended) gave, which is about the appearance of the game and its characters, because that is all we've been able to judge.

To many cut point fatality's. I hope the slice and dice fatality's don't get old to quick between all the characters.

Every character's pit death has the same liver In the same spot.

Raiden's snowball lightning attacks.

Obviously I can't say for sure, but it seems like the Challenge Tower may be repetitive (it would be hard for it not to be with 300 challenges).

Other than that... can't think of anything major.

You can bypass challenges using coins so they've got that covered.

As for other flaws maybe there will be balance issues people will find, online match making could be flawed, the AI not making sense for the difficulty mode like in Trilogy.

We all know the pros and we can see it has alot more than any other fighting game has ever had with the challenge tower, story mode, training, mini games, online and arcade so it is not just fighting the same way over and over such as street fighter or marvel vs capcom.

Online, arcade, and training modes have been featured in fighting games for years. You won't see many fighting games these days without them. In other words, they are not unique to MK and doesn't need to be listed.

Story mode... we'll have to wait and see since the structure of story modes vary by game. The story mode for Tekken 4, was not much more than a glorified arcade mode with a few cut-scenes thrown in. BlazBlue on the other hand is rather dialogue-heavy with branching paths.

As for challenge tower and mini-games, it looks like a hit or miss to me. The challenge of fighting Shao Kahn where you must use either Sub-Zero or Scorpion depending to hurt him depending on the color of his costume seems fun. However, the zombie-shooting challenge doesn't interest me from the way it seems to be implemented.

Last edited:
I have none at the moment.. But I can point out the bad ponts from other peoples opinions (so many concern/complaint threads) Some were:

- Some characters eye color has to be fixed
- Many people(males) dont like the female fighters showing off too much skin.
- Repetitive dismemberments in fatalities using the slice point system.
- Some fighting intros dont suit that characters personality and what not.
- When subzero does his xray for the second time in a match, the organ he previously crushed still remains.

These are a few ive seen floating around. These seem like legit concerns...But im sure NR are aware of these

Last edited:
It's not out yet.

This.

Seriously, I don't think this game has anything that could be defined as "bad": most of the flaws being pointed out are just stylistic choices who can't be accepted by everyone due to different tastes, just check the previous posts and you'll know what I mean.

The game itself have high level graphics with an unmatched level of detail not only compared to the previous MK titles, the fighting engine is solid and seems to provide a lot of fun, the characters are from the golden age of MK and the most loved by almost everyone, the stages are beautiful, there's violence, blood & gore, the fatalities are the best since MK II (and even better if you ask me), so many different game modes, secrets, unlockables, heavy DLC support, what more do you need???

Last edited: