How do you react when your favorite sports team loses?

mkray41

I was watching the NCAA Tournament with some friends, and when our team lost, I was pretty upset of course. I look at my friends and one of them are crying and the other looks like he wants to punch a hole through my tv :( I can't say I don't get umm.. emotionally involved sometimes, but it's interesting to see how other people react when their team loses, especially if its either a) a close game, b) a rivalry game, or c) a tournament game. My question to you all is: How do you react when your team loses? And if you have any funny stories to share regarding it, please do tell; I know I do :)

Depends.

If it is the regular season, it's just a calm 'ah feck', but if it's the playoffs, things get kicked/punched/stomped.

I get disapointed but when your favorite sports team is The Toronto Maple Leafs, you get used to it. They havent made the playoff's in 6 years and the last time they won the stanley cup, it was in 1967 lol

Depends.

If it is the regular season, it's just a calm 'ah feck', but if it's the playoffs, things get kicked/punched/stomped.

Same for me, except when it's a rivalry game; then I'm almost like a completely different person.

I get disapointed but when your favorite sports team is The Toronto Maple Leafs, you get used to it. They havent made the playoff's in 6 years and the last time they won the stanley cup, it was in 1967 lol

Ouch, that does suck lol, gotta keep hope alive :). NFL-wise I'm a St. Louis Rams fan and I live nowhere near Missouri lol; We've been pretty bad recently and I hear from other people all the time.

One story that comes to mind: my friend and I were watching a baseball game, Cubs vs Cardinals I think. It went to 11 innings and after the Cubs lost, my friend just went ballistic. I'll never forget, he waved his hand to the right and his mom was right behind him, and smack! right in her face. Needless to say, she wasn't happy.... Since then, he's been a bit more, calmer, just a little bit ;)

When the Dodgers blew a lead over the Phillies during the LCS in '09 I yelled "god damn it" at the top of my lungs and threw my ottoman across the room. Then I sat in my chair looking pissed off for the rest of the night.

I've made a point of trying to chill the **** out since then. When they're losing all the time and I don't watch every single game it's also a lot easier to deal with.

Same for me, except when it's a rivalry game; then I'm almost like a completely different person.

That's how I'm like too. Whenever those damn Falcons beat us, I start going a bit more crazy than usual. :laugh:

I usually end up shouting obscenities (if I invested myself in the game (I.E. Gambling)) to calm myself... Well, I used too, but watching the Miami Dolphins get the crap beat out of them for the past 10 years makes your reactions null a bit. The team that can't win a home game... Ben R., you fumbled in the in-zone you son-of-a... xD

But most of the time I just B and moan for a while and crack jokes to make myself feel better.

What team are you a fan of ? Either way sorry bra. All I can say is C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS. Sorry man. After 13 years of Kentucky not making it to the final four, I had to do that.

lmao, I am a Red Wings fan so losing is something I am not used to like you are =)

When the Dodgers blew a lead over the Phillies during the LCS in '09 I yelled "god damn it" at the top of my lungs and threw my ottoman across the room. Then I sat in my chair looking pissed off for the rest of the night.

I've made a point of trying to chill the **** out since then. When they're losing all the time and I don't watch every single game it's also a lot easier to deal with.

I try to hold off on watching all the games too, but sometimes I just can't. I get that feeling that if I don't watch, we'll lose and vice versa other days; some days its like if I start watching the game late then I'll be the reason why the team loses lol.

What team are you a fan of ? Either way sorry bra. All I can say is C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS. Sorry man. After 13 years of Kentucky not making it to the final four, I had to do that.

Haha, it's cool; I was rooting for the Tar Heels, but it at least it was a good game. Congrats to you and all the Wildcats fans.

It depends what kind of match it is like many have said. Since I am an intense football (soccer) fan, I go crazy if the loss dramatically affects the chances of my team (Arsenal) to win a trophy.

well i'm a celtics fan. they're the only team i really follow. but ummm when they lose first off i usually blame them for playing like crap and allowing too many turn overs or constant fouling of the oppositions offense. so usually it begins with a big WTF guys!!! then it turns into "man u played like sh**!!! and then i usually don't talk about the game. my pops is a big lakers fan so when the celts lose he starts talking smack. "ur boys ain't no kobe." or "the celtics are garbage. lakers are gonna crap one em".

I have never started crying or smashing things but the couch pillows usually get thrown around.

well i'm a celtics fan. they're the only team i really follow. but ummm when they lose first off i usually blame them for playing like crap and allowing too many turn overs or constant fouling of the oppositions offense. so usually it begins with a big WTF guys!!! then it turns into "man u played like sh**!!! and then i usually don't talk about the game. my pops is a big lakers fan so when the celts lose he starts talking smack. "ur boys ain't no kobe." or "the celtics are garbage. lakers are gonna crap one em".

I have never started crying or smashing things but the couch pillows usually get thrown around.

I have a feeling with the way the Celts have been playing recently that you've been throwing a lot of couch pillows lately lol.

U.S.A.(soccer): Oh well.

San Antonio Spurs(Basketball): Aw men"/.

New Orlean Saints(Football): **** DAWG!!! WHAT THE HELL!!! HOW THE HELL KAN YOU LOSE!!!!

U.S.A.(soccer): Oh well.

San Antonio Spurs(Basketball): Aw men"/.

New Orlean Saints(Football): **** DAWG!!! WHAT THE HELL!!! HOW THE HELL KAN YOU LOSE!!!!

USA Soccer: Getting better imo, that in FIFA was pretty exciting; guess we gotta thank England's goalie for that lol.

Spurs: I'm pretty meh on that team, but I give them respect, and also a walker should they (and probably will) need one :); NBA wise, I'm a Mav fan myself, so I may be a bit biased lol.

Saints: Two words: Marshawn Lynch :p

Had to do it sorry, lol. At least your NFL team was in the playoffs, my team got beat by the Seahawks and lost out on a playoff birth. :(