Tattoos

Mac

Who, what, and where. Or maybe you're thinking of it, so discuss.

For me, I have five, though two are really part of the same design. A skull with crossed swprds behind on my left upper arm, tribals on my right, Punisher skull on my back, and a snake weaving through a skull with "Don't tread on me" on the side of my stomach. Maybe I'll gets some pics in a day or two.

Not a fan of tattoos. At all. I just don't quite get the idea of permantely engraving ink into your skin so you can show other people a picture or let others read writing all over your body. To me, they sort of go with bumper stickers - tacky and pointless. Never seen the need. Never will. Not my style.

El Chupacabra said:
Not a fan of tattoos. At all. I just don't quite get the idea of permantely engraving ink into your skin so you can show other people a picture or let others read writing all over your body. To me, they sort of go with bumper stickers - tacky and pointless. Never seen the need. Never will. Not my style.
who says your doing it just to show other people?it's not my style to wear neckolaces and earings either but more people have those than even tattoos.tattoos got a bad reputation because people always think it has to mean something.what does this mean?are you in a gang?did you lose a loved one?did you kill anybody?unknowing people seem to ask those questions from what I gather.I don't currently have any tattoos but I do think they look beuitiful.it's exactly the same as clothes and jewelry IMO except you can't take it off.people don't get tattoos to impress people.people get tattoos cuz they like them.

My brother has a shitload of tattoes...about 20. He doesn't do it to show off to other people, he does it because of the artwork. He loves the designs and the expressions of his tattoes, and he loves the fact that his skin is the canvas. I'm not saying he won't regret it later in life, but knowing how he is, I really don't think he will. If it's not your thing, that's cool too, but I hope you don't judge people with tattoes just because you don't like them.

I'm only 14 (gaga), but I've thought about tattoos. I've got a lip ring, but recently got it removed, because the person that pierced my lip, screwed it all up. But what would you get if you got a tattoo? And don't say some Mortal Kombat nerd stuff resembling "I'D GET SCORPION ON MY BACK" or "NO NO YOU UNLEET TERD, I'D GET HAVIK ON MY BACK". I would probably get a serpent wrapping around my left wrist.

If I ever got a tatoo, it'd probably be a barcode. Not sure where, though, either on the back of my neck or on my wrist. I'm not saying I will get one, but it's better to be prepared if I ever do decide to, though.

I have 3 Tattoos 2 tribal ones on my left arm... and the Metallica star on my right... still in search of another to go on my right arm.

Prophet said:
I'm only 14 (gaga), but I've thought about tattoos. I've got a lip ring, but recently got it removed, because the person that pierced my lip, screwed it all up. But what would you get if you got a tattoo? And don't say some Mortal Kombat nerd stuff resembling "I'D GET SCORPION ON MY BACK" or "NO NO YOU UNLEET TERD, I'D GET HAVIK ON MY BACK". I would probably get a serpent wrapping around my left wrist.

Hey! I'm going to get Scorpion on my back!

No, seriously, Scorpion's the man and all, but that's pretty lame.

I plan on eventually getting a pentacle on my arm or something.

El Chupacabra said:

I agree, i think tattoo's are dumb unless they have a real meaning to them. Names, celebs, logos, those things are stupid. Sorry but if you get a tatoo of a video game, thats sad. Cant you just go buy a shirt with the logo if you like it that much. "hey grandpa, what is that tattoo of a dragon for?" - Oh that of a video game i used to play "haha grandpa was a nerd" haha maybe not like that but still.. i think they should only be there for meaning, something you really have in your heart, and will always have in your heart forever.....not something you like, and in 10 years you wont.

It does has a meaning to me, but not gonna share that with you here...like i ever walk around naked when my grandchildren are around lol

but the thing is tattoo's are not what they used to be. They are a trend now, everyone and their grandma has one. They only used to be on tough guys in jail, bikers or gangs. Now we see preppy girls with them, nerds, everyone has one.

sToAnya said:
It does has a meaning to me, but not gonna share that with you here...like i ever walk around naked when my grandchildren are around lol

You have grandchildren? :shock:

The 7th Number said:
but the thing is tattoo's are not what they used to be. They are a trend now, everyone and their grandma has one. They only used to be on tough guys in jail, bikers or gangs. Now we see preppy girls with them, nerds, everyone has one.
actually American non tribal tattoos actually started in the Millitary,not bikers or gangs.
and you say Nerds like it's a bad thing.I'm not so much a Nerd as I am a Geek but there's nothing wrong with being a Nerd.it's cool IMO.I've been thinkin' about getting the Ghostbusters No Ghost sign on my right upper arm.

Midget Kong said:
The 7th Number said:
actually American non tribal tattoos actually started in the Millitary,not bikers or gangs.
and you say Nerds like it's a bad thing.I'm not so much a Nerd as I am a Geek but there's nothing wrong with being a Nerd.it's cool IMO.I've been thinkin' about getting the Ghostbusters No Ghost sign on my right upper arm.

see what i mean, i hope your joking about the ghost busters thing,.LOL i just ment only Tough guys used to get them, no wimps that got picked on at school....you know what i mean. Im not saying your a wimp. But whats is the difference between a nerd and a geek?

I absolutly _love_ tattoos... and have 10 currently
spider-man/green goblin and carnage on my upper right arm
spider-man on lower right battling venom
Mystique on lower right leg
hyrogyphics on left upper arm (spell 13 b from the book of the dead)
dragon on lower back and shoulder
ankh on chest
and wadjet eye on inner left wrist

yeah i'm a big comic book geek, and coming soon....
nightcrawler on leg with mystique
backround for my spidey arm (city scape)
sandman (or daredevil) on left leg
mk symbol between shoulders
ahh so many ideas so little body space 8)

why the hell would i get all these? do you ask... well i've always been fasinated with body art... the pains a rush (hey i don't drink or do drugs girls gotta have some kinda fix)... i love comics and i'll let the world know... and to confuse people

I agree, i think tattoo's are dumb unless they have a real meaning to them. Names, celebs, logos, those things are stupid. Sorry but if you get a tatoo of a video game, thats sad. Cant you just go buy a shirt with the logo if you like it that much. "hey grandpa, what is that tattoo of a dragon for?" - Oh that of a video game i used to play "haha grandpa was a nerd" haha maybe not like that but still.. i think they should only be there for meaning, something you really have in your heart, and will always have in your heart forever.....not something you like, and in 10 years you wont.[/quote]

hmm just read this after i posted...
tattoos can be for what ever you want them for. real meanings? hey my tattos represent ME! what i've grown up with, what's stuck with since i was younger... people look and go... "wow spiderman... why? do u like him? " well duh! and it's not just that, the chracter defines me (in many senses) as does all of my art... just because it's not 'meaningful' to you doesn't mean it's not to the person who has it (which is why they got the tattoo and you didn't)

do what you like, cause u only live once, so have fun and if someone looks down on you for it... well they have there own problems