Tattoos

The pain depends on the part of the body being tattooed, as well. You'll see people whose bands don't go all the way around their arms; some people don't get it completed because they think people won't notice (wrong!), to save money, or because they couldn't take the pain.

Myself, I have a black tribal band going all the way around my right forearm that incorporates the Chinese characters for "mother," "father," and "younger brother," which was my immediate family at the time. Since then, I added to it the Chinese character for "wife." I'm still thinking about how to incorporate something for my daughter.

My first tattoos were done at this great place in Amsterdam (BodyCult, I believe). On my outside left calf, arranged vertically, three Chinese characters in red ink outlined with black: "Evil," "Devil," and "Death." Morbid, eh?

No, I'm not Chinese, I'm half-Korean, but I liked the simplicity of written Chinese where 1 character = 1 word/concept. I'd still like to get something written in Korean, though.

my tattoos

i currently only have one, and yes it is technically a video game character, i have the cheshire cat from american mcgee's alice on my right forearm, its about 11 inches long and 4 inches wide full color, i had it done purple and it has a green swirly back ground, as far as the pain goes my neck hurt more from watching than the actual tattoo did. although it did kinda tickle when it went straight up the middle of my arm with the shading and it made my fingers twitch. I'm starting my next tattoo in about 2 weeks or so, its an entire back piece and it gonna be the mad tea party in classic lewis carol style from alice in wonderland but its going to be set up as the last supper, with the hatter in the middle doing the jesus big arm thing, and alice will be on his left doing the whole judas looking away pose, with the cheshire cats body on one side of the table and the head on the other with the big maniacle smile as the feast, tweedle dee and tweedle dumb on opposite ends, and so on. it shouldn't really hurt, i have had many piercings and have done a tug of war (i had my back pierced twice, professionally, at 8g then tied a long rope to each of mine then another person did the same then you loop the ropes together so you have an even pull and do a standard tug of war) it didn't really hurt it was just warm and the more you pulled the hotter it got. other than than that just think i'm gonna get my wrist pierced next with surface bars... i already have a 2 labrets, 2 in my right eyebrow, 3 in my tongue (middle and venoms, ie. sides) i've had my nipples done, but didn't like it as well as 2 down below.

and all i have to say about people who talk down on tattoos peircing, dont knock it until you try it. just remember for the tattoos they will be with you for the rest of your life so be sure in what you pick!

-NL1

yea it does really depend on where you get it. my tattoo is on my neck, the back of it, and it didnt hurt at all. the outline was the only part i felt and it didnt hurt really. like the shading only felt like someone took a marker and was coloring my neck so it was alright. i got my lip and my eyebow pierced and even though they didnt hurt, id say my tattoo hurt the least of all of them. the only thing i got that kinda hurt was my tragus, but it was alright coz it looks allular!

doesn't hurt, doesn't feel pleasant either :? The thing that bothered me was just sitting there, and sitting there, and sitting there. My back hurt all day from sitting on that stupid bench! :evil:

It hurts depending on the location of the tattoo. Like, on your back or shoulder, where there is a lot of meat and not all that many nerves, it doesn't hurt bad at all, it actually feels semi-pleasant. On your ankle, however, where I recently got a nice celtic tribal, it hurts LIKE SHIT.

Anywho, in addition to aforementioned tribal, I have a devil chick on my shoulder (which I recently learned was on the cover of some shitty cd by Crazy Town, it's still a cool tattoo, so I don't really care). I once had a picture of it, that I posted on this forum, but, alas, this is a new computer, and I don't know where the shit the disk the pic was on is.

I'm pretty sure one day i'll get a tattoo and when i do it will be something that means the most to me, such as my wife and childs name with a symbol reprresenting them. I'm not a fan of big tattoos so i'm going to keep it simple. I know i want a tattoo that has something to do with music...