Where is MOnster????

DeathcoreRyknow said:
sweet_tooth said:
Arent his moves the same as scorpion also.

Yes! Haven't you been reading this thread?

Just to clarify, Monster is just Scorpion with a different look and a different name, nothing more. He has ALL the same moves, ALL the same stances, everything. The only differences are purely aesthetic.

I dont think that Scorpion and Monster are the same. Here is why I state this opinion.

Shujinko was told by the Dragon King aka Damashi that he had to return to the Netherrealm to get a dark taint on his heart again. Since Nighwolf cleaned his soul later on the konquest. And the only guy to give him that dark taint again was Scorpion. If Monster and Scorpion are the same guy then Shujinko would have attacked him again. I believe that Shujinko destroyed the Champion of the Elder Gods who we call Monster and Scorpion was then used by the elder gods to stop the dragon king.

The Elder Gods had transformed Scorpion into their weapon in order to defeat the Dragon King before his plans of domination unmade the realms.

Remember when Shujinko Konquest is over that is when the Dragon Kings appears to take over things. Shujinko had meet both Scorpion and Monster before the Dragon King returned. Shujinko killed the Former Champion of the Elder Gods Monster. The Dragon King returns and The Elder Gods take Scorpion as there weapon to defeat the Dragon King.

Anyways this is my theory on how it falls together dont mean to step on anyones feet. Just my opinion on the story line that all.

Okay, so why is it that Monster looks quite a bit like Scorpion and has all his moves and fighting stances? This isn't MK2 where three different characters all have the same moves. They're not going to accidentally give someone else Scorpion's moves in this day and age with the technology they have.

It seems like way too much of a coincidence to me that both characters have Scorpion's moves and both characters were supposedly the Champion of the Elder Gods. If Shujinko defeated Monster and he was no more, then why is it that Scorpion isn't dead after you defeat him at the end of Konquest mode?

Seems to me there's way WAY more of an argument to support that both characters are one the same.

Patrick McCarron said:
Monster is Scorpion... here is his ending.

I can't believe one of the Site Administrators forgot to put SPOILER at the beginning of his post. Tsk tsk. Haha :lol:

DeathcoreRyknow said:
Okay, so why is it that Monster looks quite a bit like Scorpion and has all his moves and fighting stances?

There are some characters that share similar moves/fighting styles in the MK universe. I am not to think becasue Shujinko has the spear abbility that he is scorpion now. Or that Kira has similar moves of that of Kano and Sonya? These fighters have a huge story line, faced each other in the past. I am sure some moves will be copyed/ altered. Are we to say that Scorpion is the only creature in the mk universe to throw a spear? Reptile did it in MK 1. Shang Tsung can throw a spear if needed. Smoke also has had the abbility in the past.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
If Shujinko defeated Monster and he was no more, then why is it that Scorpion isn't dead after you defeat him at the end of Konquest mode?.

In the Konquest mode. When you defeat Scorpion you get his spear abbility. Its not part of the main story line. It a side quest to get Shujinko another abbility in the game. Also defeating someone and destroying them are 2 different things.

GORO said:
There are some characters that share similar moves/fighting styles in the MK universe. I am not to think becasue Shujinko has the spear abbility that he is scorpion now. Or that Kira has similar moves of that of Kano and Sonya? These fighters have a huge story line, faced each other in the past. I am sure some moves will be copyed/ altered. Are we to say that Scorpion is the only creature in the mk universe to throw a spear? Reptile did it in MK 1. Shang Tsung can throw a spear if needed. Smoke also has had the abbility in the past.

Dude, you obviously didn't read my whole post. I said "this isn't MK2 where three different characters all have the same moves." The reason why so many characters in the classic games had the same moves were because of memory constraints. Those memory constraints are non-existent now, which is why we don't see two characters with the exact same moves or the exact same costume with the palette changed (unless there's a really good reason, in the case of "Monster" and Scorpion).

We're also not talking about a couple characters who happen to share one or two of the same or similar moves, we're talking about two characters who share ALL the same moves, ALL the same fighting styles, and even happen to look similar. Besides the aesthetics, there's not one thing Scorpion has that "Monster" doesn't, and vice versa. They're EXACTLY the same. Even this wasn't done in the past. Even Smoke was made to be faster than Scorpion and even Reptile had Sub-Zero's moves as well.

Yes, Reptile and Smoke both did throw spears, in the past. We're talking MK1, MK2, MK3, the first 2 being made over a decade ago, when there were severe memory contraints and they had to fit a whole bunch of people onto one arcade board. Given the technology that's currently available to Boon and company, they're not going to do something that obvious now. Look at those same characters in versions of the game that were without the same memory problems (MKDA, MKD). Do either of them have the spear? No. So it seems your point is moot.

GORO said:
In the Konquest mode. When you defeat Scorpion you get his spear abbility. Its not part of the main story line. It a side quest to get Shujinko another abbility in the game. Also defeating someone and destroying them are 2 different things.

No. I said when you beat Konquest mode. Remember that fight at the end of Konquest mode (it wasn't an optional fight)? If you killed "Monster" before, then why didn't you kill Scorpion there?

I don't care if you don't agree with me, alright, but I don't think you're supporting your argument very well. In this era of technology, why would Monster have the exact same moves as Scorpion? There's way too much of a coincidence there if they're different characters.

DeathcoreRyknow I am just pointing out the facts. Scorpion and Monster are not the same. My facts support my opinion. You think because they both share moves it must be scorpion. Why would scorpion have to take a fourm of a monster to face Shujinko? Scorpion looks like Scorpion when you beat the game with him. Scorpion looks like Scorpion when he is in the Netherrelm and talks/train;s/and battles Shujinko.

Why does Scorpion have to take a fourm of a Monster to fight Shujinko at the portal area makes no sense at all.

I am not here to argue with you but explaning to us that Scorpion and Monster are the same guy because they have the same moves does not make sense.

The Konquest mode. The Story line. The many times that Shujinko and Scorpion meet face to face will further support my theory on the fact that neither 2 are in anyway each other. Like I said before I am not here to step on anyone feet. But you explaning to people that they are the same person is not right. Beacuse they share things in common does not mean there the same.

Okay, well, I think I'm ready to put an end to this. You've got your theory, I've got mine. I think Scorpion being Monster is pretty evident, but if you don't, no biggie.

no lets settle this right now, in the pitt.....choose your fighter! you will fight to the fatality....may the best fighter win.....

FIGHT!!

MajorWeirdo said:
Who is a monster ?? one of the Site Admins ?? :p :p

Or didn't i read the whole posts ?? :oops:

*sigh* Monster is a character you fight during Konquest mode. Just read the last page and you'll get it.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
MajorWeirdo said:
Who is a monster ?? one of the Site Admins ?? :p :p

Or didn't i read the whole posts ?? :oops:

*sigh* Monster is a character you fight during Konquest mode. Just read the last page and you'll get it.

LOOOOL

u weren't supposed to answer that question Deathcore... :oops: :shock: