What Made U Join TRMK?/Get into MK

mkkevin

wat made me join trmk is because of all the people here are cool (not including Ricochett)
i got interested in mk after i my hand was impaled by a needle
started playing mk3 in 1997
wat r ur stories?

i joined trmk cause IT'S THE DEFINITIVE SOURCE FOR MORTAL KOMBAT SINCE 1996 and obv because this is my fourth account here. people doesn't know my true identity LULZ.

I joined because I was a lurker since the MK hiatus days, and then when this game was announced I had to be a part of the discussion. I got into MK because it was the first video game I ever played.

I joined because I was a lurker since the MK hiatus days, and then when this game was announced I had to be a part of the discussion. I got into MK because it was the first video game I ever played.

cool i did the same thing about lurking

got involved with TRMK in 1997-1998. I know i was using the site for MK4 move list, road tour info. cant remember if there was any kind of forums then or if i was a member. definitely been around TRMK for a very very long ****ing time!!! lol

I joined because I love MK since I can remember myself. Also, wanted to read what other fans discuss and write something myself from time to time.

Well, I started playing MK when I was 2-3ish back on the Snes. It's been my favorite series ever since. (Well, alongside Elder Scrolls)

As for TRMK, If I recall correctly I discovered it one day when MK_MortalKombat retweeted something from TRMK. I checked out the site, lurked for a day or two, then decided to join up once I realized how awesome this kommunity is :)

I got into MK because I played it at the very young age of 3(1993). It sounds like an odd thing, but having two older brothers, the oldest being 8 years older, playing the game at a neighbors house, it's not too far fetched. With that being the case, it is one of if not the first game I can visually recall ever playing. The imagery of the MK1 select screen and battle plan, as well as their living room, still holds a vivid memory in my mind to this day. So it definitely holds a piece of my childhood, and I have played every game since. Given that I was 3 when first starting to play MK, it's hard to remember a time before it, which makes it one of my earliest memories.

I started following MK closely a year before MK:DA came out(2001). I joined MK5.org and started checking the news and forum daily following the hype of it's release and whatnot. Eventually 2004 rolled around, and that's when I joined TRMK. I joined this site because it had great information, and it was just another big MK fansite I came across. I have joined many(MK5/MKO, MKROK, MKW, TMK, MKA, MKOdyssey, MKI, Komidogu etc.), so it was just another one I visited from time to time. It wasn't until a month or two before this game was announced, that I started really posting a lot at this site. MKOnline was always my go to site, and remains as my homepage from years ago. Seeing as it was my first MK site, it's held as my main MK site. However, I have become a lot more active on TRMK since the announcement of the game, because I generally enjoy the people on here more, and I find Patrick to be a much cooler admin. than those at MKO. I also find it that I get much more respect, and my opinion is more welcomed and valued here than at any other MK website, which is always a plus.

That pretty much sums it up.

I just joined although I have been looking on here for quite sometime now. And I love MK because I got into it a long time ago and could still play it every minute of everyday if I wanted to.

I joined TRMK because i think it is one of the best communities to discuss Mortal Kombat. Many other forums aren't that active. I was a frequent lurker, trying to find out news about the new Mortal Kombat game, and thought not that long ago, why don't I just join?

I got into the MK series when I was like 6. Whenever I went to my friends' houses, we would always play MK. All the fatalities, characters, and arenas like the Living Forest were just too much awesomeness to handle for my little self.

I joined because I had been coming here for a few years (I think right around the MKA announcement) and I thought I had found something that no one had mentioned yet so I finally need to contribute. Here is my first post.
"The select screen features 26 slots in a 4 x 7 arrangement, with 8 characters displayed. The bottom row is made up of a Random Select square, two characters and one Downloadable Content placeholder. Therefore, the minimum number of characters will be 26 + DLC Characters."

Konfirmed Characters
1. Johnny Cage
2. Kung Lao
3. Mileena
4. Nightwolf
5. Reptile
6. Scorpion
7. Sektor
8. Sub-Zero

Unkonfirmed Characters from Mortal Kombat Trilogy or the 1-3
(in my opinion from most likely to unlikely)
9. Raiden
10. Liu Kang
11. Shang Tsung
12. Baraka
13. Jax
14. Sonya
15. Kitana
16. Kano
17. Cyrax
18. Kabal
19. Sindel
20. Jade
21. Ermac
22. Noob Saibot
23. Sheeva
24. Stryker
25. Smoke
26. Rain

That puts at the 26 but I say the bottom 2 slots could be bosses
27. Goro
28. Shao Kahn
29. Kintaro
30. Motaro

And although they said the first 3 I wouldn't rule out Quan Chi
Thats all of them but I think some of the top 26 wont make it
Maybe some new characters?

That was 06-16-2010 04:12 AM. Damn strait I was the first one here to call it and I was almost dead on. Not to be one who toots their own horn but beep beep.

Its funny that you mentioned the lurking part thats just what I was doing before I joined *cough* "Stalking", but as for MK I was baptised in the art of Mortal Kombat

first mk I ever played was on a colorless gameboy.. a friend had it. I was fascinated by the ninjas :p and after that, I played pretty much everything till mk4. the series went downhill after mk3 though so mk4 is not even worth mentioning. I'm glad that the new game is absolutely brilliant :D as for trmk, I was torn between joining here and MKO but I chose trmk a) because the site just looks better, MKO looks oldish in a bad sense and b) because in a bunch of posts in both sites, I noticed that over at MKO there are too many people that do things I dislike like be a nazi and telling others to stfu when they disagree with them or think they're funny with some sarcastic comments they make on other people's posts while the truth is they are not funny and in fact look quite ridiculous etc etc. :p

I joined because My friend (Not gonna say who) Knows my Obsession with MK, He suggested TRMK was the right site...
And he was right! Nice Moderators, Fair rules, Awesome Ideas/Friends, Rivalries... :)

Came for News about the game, stayed because of the cool ass people her

Mk4 was my first Fighting Game, started playing it in 98' and have been making babies with it ever since

I got interested in MK just because a cousin of mine told me it was good. But I just played it some time after, and I loved it.
I discovered TRMK when I was searching news about MK9 last year. I was a lurker just for 2 days or something like that, then I joined. :)

I didn't lurk for very long, only about two weeks.
I joined because I loved Sub-Zero (The member) and Hansplusmatic's humor, and I wanted to be apart of it.
I stayed because I posted in the create mk9 fatality thread and Nasty Freak complimented me on it, boosting my ego.
THE POWER OF THE E-PENIS!!!!!!!!!!