What Made U Join TRMK?/Get into MK

I joined because the above two posters had also joined this site - it simply was a whole lot easier to get into this when there's a couple of familiar good members.

As to what or who got me into MK... my brother did. There was no other way than me becoming a fan. :alberteinstein:

I joined TRMK as i used to use it for moves ages ago, then it was the only MK site i could get on at work when on the reception. I literally had nothing to do all day so joined and kind of stayed here. Around MK9 time this place was pretty cool. sad it's not very bust these days.

I got into MK just like everybody else who was aorund at the time. It was a relatively fun game surrounded by mass controversy around its gore content. A time went by it turns out it, IMO is still the most fun fighting game with the best and most coherent storyline. It holds a special place in my life and always will.

I got into it when MK2 was the most recent game out on the Sega Genesis. My older brother and uncle played it often and I remember watching them (I was like, four at the time, how I remember this, I don't know) and have been interested in it since. It's funny to think back now and remember how much Baraka scared me back then.

I got into it when MK2 was the most recent game out on the Sega Genesis. My older brother and uncle played it often and I remember watching them (I was like, four at the time, how I remember this, I don't know) and have been interested in it since. It's funny to think back now and remember how much Baraka scared me back then.

Were you afraid of Baraka? Did you see nightmares even?

Actually, funny story.
Back in Lake City, GA, I was 4 years old and my dad had just gotten Mortal Kombat 1, and I would watch him play it and I would play it and I grew up with my brother and me having an unhealthy obsession with MK, leading to me knowing every fact about every character, buying all the action figures and whatnot,
Buying every game known to man that had anything to do with MK.
And well, my brother was a well known author of the Midway Forums and was one of the artists of that website (and I see a lot of his art posted here with the title, 'I love this! whoever made this is an artist!', so thank YOU guys for bringing back my childhood)
Well I joined Midway as a person named 'Whaleblood' and then we had a lot of arguments,
and on my birthday in 2011 he kicked me off of the forum, so I looked up 'mortal kombat forum' and I found TRMK as one of the results.
Joined it and made a lot of friends, and well, here I am today. :patriot:

i jest joined today because my older brother sowed me this site
i got into mk because of mk3 and mostly of mortal kombat deadly alliance

I just joined the other day.

Since I find myself needing to be more frugal, instead of buying 50+ games every year.. I plan on putting a lot of time into MKX so I was looking for a MK community that's actually active. Other sites don't have much going on in terms of their MK sections.

I came here because a lot of my friends have gotten banned from MKO due to trolls and what not and imo its getting worse. So I'm here to become a productive member of this forum.:)

Joined because Tanya and JC spammers made me puke.
and spoiled Reiko aswell, thanks buddy.

Last edited:
I joined the site to talk about MKX and all other things MK related as I have started to drift away from playing long games. I used to be a big RPG player, but now that I'm getting older, I find I no longer have the time to pour 60 hours to beat a game anymore. I got into the series when my neighbor introduced me to the original on the Genesis. It has been smooth sailing since I selected Sub-Zero and saw my first fatality. The only games I haven't played are Mythologies, Special Forces, Shaolin Monks and MK vs DC.

I joined because the community here seems really nice and knowledgeable, and I feel like this would be a good place to get a solid grounding in MKX. I've been an avid gamer for years, but mostly for RPGs, strategy games, and MOBAs so this will be my first foray into trying to get good at a fighting game.

I joined because the community here seems really nice and knowledgeable, and I feel like this would be a good place to get a solid grounding in MKX. I've been an avid gamer for years, but mostly for RPGs, strategy games, and MOBAs so this will be my first foray into trying to get good at a fighting game.

You'll find it a bit hard at first, but it is the most rewarding type of game to play.

I joined 'cause i thought this is the best forum and it's the easiest one to learn how to use :B, i'm not that good at forums.
And i got into MK 'cause i love the aesthetics and the mysticism of the game :)
First one i played was MKII i think, with some friends way older than me actually, then when i grew up, i bought MKDeception, and i remembered how much i loved MK, that's why i'm that attached to the 3D era games <3

I joined looking for answers to some questions I had about MKX. TRMK looks like it is the most active of all the MK forums out there.