What Made U Join TRMK?/Get into MK

How I got into mk: I had heard/played Mk here and there growing up but I didnt get hooked into it until MKSM. MKSM was not only my first Mortal Kombat game but also my first rated M game. Man I got so caught up in the game and the characters that I had to learn more. I had to learn everything I could on the MK mythos :D. MKSM is the reason I love MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!!!!!!! It is hands down one of my favorite ps2 games :)

What made me join TRMK: For one I was enjoying reading some of the conversations the members were having they were funny. and second the damn ads were pissing me off. I decided to keep my account when I got my first rep for the scorpion combo video I posted.

Last edited:
What made me join TRMK: For one I was enjoying reading some of the conversations the members were having they were funny. and second the damn ads were pissing me off. I decided to keep my account when I got my first rep for the scorpion combo video I posted.

Dude I think you, me, and RIP Liu Kang are the only Liu Kang fans that are actually active on the site.

I got into mortal kombat when i was 13 or 14 i saw the mortal kombat plug and play and i looked at the box and it looked like a really good game because i was getting board of tekken and wanted to try something new so my dad bought it for me and that's when i was hooked on mortal kombat. What got me to join trmk was that i was trying to look up finishing moves for mk2 and mk3 and i stumbled across this sight and i looked at the forms for a couple months and then i decided to join it.

Dude I think you, me, and RIP Liu Kang are the only Liu Kang fans that are actually active on the site.

I think your right I have never seen another Liu kang fan on this site that are on alot Its always either you me or RIP. Oh well at least liu is not overrated I like to be unique.

The game that got me tied to the series unfortunately isn't the first MK I had played. I remember when I was 5 I had a bootleg N64 controller with 101 games in it - it's more like 10 games duplicated 10 times. Among those games was MK1.

I loved it. Every time I plugged the controller into the television, MK was the first game to be played. Then school started. My mother would confiscate the controller and place it high up in the closet, out of my reach. Haven't touched or seen it since.

Fast forward years later, a friend of mine brought MKDA over to my birthday (not as a present unfortunately). I remember it so clearly - pressing pause as soon as someone dies, taking the fatality list out of the case and performing Scorpion's fatality. I just had to have this game. I couldn't.

Eventually I saw MKD on the shelf and asked my mother to get it for me. It's what finally brought me to MK and TRMK. Unfortunately I didn't get to experience the MK glory days, but I'll never forget the great fun I had with MKDA that day.

And that's my story.

I joined trmk after months of lurking and experiencing severe frustration with the main site, i joined here. Around the near release of the demo I saw thread of hundreds of guests, so I joined out of guilt :)

I joined trmk after months of lurking and experiencing severe frustration with the main site, i joined here. Around the near release of the demo I saw thread of hundreds of guests, so I joined out of guilt :)
nice, very well said XD & yes the main site is complete chaos!!

I have no clue how I stumbled upon TRMK originally, but I first started coming here for the news. Eventually I began checking out the forums, lurked for some time and finally joined back in either '02 or '03 (before the forums were shut down and rebooted in '04) after Deadly Alliance came out. Apparently I just had that unquenchable thirst for MK discussion.

How I got into MK was pretty simple. MK1, blood, Scorpion; the end.

Anyways has anyone gotten in big trouble because of mk?

Yeah, this one time I morphed into a dragon and went out into the street terrorizing my 'hood.

Before the cops could pin me down I had already dropped like six MK arcade cabinets on various objects of value, including a Porsche owned by Bob Saget (and Al Roker on the weekends).

Haha.

I love this forum. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm glad I made the move to upgrade from lurker to member!

this new mortal kombat made me join. i at first joined the www.themortalkombat.com forum but the site pooped out way too much so went on a search for a better mk forum. After my journy i came to the conclusion that trmk was the best one, and the one for me so i joined. I'm glad that i did.

My journey to TRMK is a long and sordid tale that began when I was but a wee lad looking for a decent MKT moves list. I'd come back every now and then to keep up on news, but never joined. Years went by and my traitorous ass initially signed up for Kamidogu instead, but after realizing the wit and wisdom of the TRMK community, I righted my wrongs.

So ends the story of Doc's journey.