Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter..R.E.S.P.E.C.T...

MKASSASIN

LOL everytime I look up something dealing with Mortal Kombat its always a Street Fighter super fan in the commenting section hating real hard on MK,...I want to know from you guys do you think there will be a day where MK gets the respect it deserves and both fighting game series can come to a certain level of respect?

LOL everytime I look up something dealing with Mortal Kombat its always a Street Fighter super fan in the commenting section hating real hard on MK,...I want to know from you guys do you think there will be a day where MK gets the respect it deserves and both fighting game series can come to a certain level of respect?

I honestly thing this is like asking: "Do you think racism will ever die?"

It doesn't matter what happens, there will always be people clinging to what they think is right, or, in the case of videogames, they think is better.

Prejudice, with anything, will never die.

It doesn't matter what happens, there will always be people clinging to what they think is right, or, in the case of videogames, they think is better.

You hit the nail on the head. So true.

I rate both Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat (2D).

There's always gonna be ****s saying that one or the other
is better regardless of the actual game. It's a matter of
opinion.

On a side note, Mortal Kombat deserves to cop a bit of shit,
if it didn't we would probably still be fighting Onaga the Dragon
King as a Boss.

If this game makes it into the tournament scene then it'll get at least a little respect from SF players.
If it doesn't get a tournament scene then it'll be a flop in their eyes.

And by the way guys, having the SF scene give MK respect is different from them switching to MK altogether. I highly doubt the SF players will ever like MK more than SF, but they could at least say "MK? Yea that's a solid fighter" which is all we could really ask of them. It's like the mutual respect between Tekken and Street Fighter players even though they're totally different games.

It's a pure personal taste question .... same stuff as asking "Do you prefer ?" : Coke or Pepsi ? Brunettes or Blondes ? Hamburger or Hot-dogs ? Blue or Green ?

Personally, I prefer MK over SF.

I see SF as a game "for fun" only. It's a game I don't make none effort at all, in order to improve on it ..... it's a cool game to play a couple of hours in weekend, and that's all.

MK, in other hand, it's a more "adult oriented" game, with more serious tone and dark atmosphere ..... there are the sexy ladies, the violence, gore and bloody moments, and a much better history overall ....

MK comes first place when the subject is competition online and personal satisfaction.

They're just jealous cuz MK9 looks way better than SF in every way

Maybe this would be true if it did look better. But it doesn't.

It's a pure personal taste question .... same stuff as asking "Do you prefer ?" : Coke or Pepsi ? Brunettes or Blondes ? Hamburger or Hot-dogs ? Blue or Green ?

Personally, I prefer MK over SF.

I see SF as a game "for fun" only. It's a game I don't make none effort at all, in order to improve on it ..... it's a cool game to play a couple of hours in weekend, and that's all.

MK, in other hand, it's a more "adult oriented" game, with more serious tone and dark atmosphere ..... there are the sexy ladies, the violence, gore and bloody moments, and a much better history overall ....

MK comes first place when the subject is competition online and personal satisfaction.

Sexy Ladies and violence are two of the reasons that Mortal Kombat don't get any respect. The way they design females is juvenile to say the least and all the blood and gore is style over substance.

Don't get me wrong I love MK. But style is only going to get you so far. It take real substance to for a game to make it in the competitive scene. Fortunately the new game seems to be bring style and substance. I'm praying it gets respect because I have every intention of playing competitively.

It wouldn't personally bother me if MK doesn't become a gigantic competitive fighter, I play it for fun. I don't diss SF or any other fighting games (as a series, all of them have "that bad one"). To the haters: Why so serious?

Im just saying were all fighting game guys, just like were all human no matter the skin color, We respect Street Fighter but why cant we get it back, it seems like arrogrance to me...but I just laugh because it makes them look dumb as f**k

It goes both ways, MK fanboys are not any better than the SF variety. The extreme animosity and lack of objectivity, often combined with lack of understanding for BOTH games leads to senseless mudslinging. We have our preferences, that's only natural, but the need to put others down to justify one's preferences of a commercial product is pathetic.

Last edited:
It goes both ways, MK fanboys are not any better than the SF variety. The extreme animosity and lack of objectivity, often combined with lack of understanding for BOTH games leads to senseless mudslinging.

Most MK fans have played SF and we respect it, I for one have not played SF and I think its a fun/great competitive game, but when a SF fan talks about MK you get the feeling like they think they are higher than we are

Actually I think that will just make them hate on it more because then they'll feel threatened.

Only the most fanatic would actually think that way. As a general fighting game fan, I think it would be great to have more quality fighting games available, not just the franchises that established themselves in the 90s.

MKASSASIN said:
Most MK fans have played SF and we respect it, I for one have not played SF and I think its a fun/great competitive game, but when a SF fan talks about MK you get the feeling like they think they are higher than we are.

You haven't been around the forum long enough if you think that there aren't MK fans who adopt the same arrogant attitude of some SF fans. The admins and mods on TRMK discourage MK vs SF arguments because they tend to go nowhere (they will delete posts and lock threads when things get out of hand), but it doesn't hide the fact there are prejudices from BOTH sides.

Last edited:
The day mk becomes a competitive fighter is the day sf community gives its respect.

I agree, and i disagree with the OP.
I dont know if you even know the SFcommunity, cause if you did you would know that even most of the SF proffs wil pick up the new MK.
Hell a lot of them are really hyped for this game, because most of them did play MK when it was til 2d.