Starting New Campaign

buddyboy101

Suppose I were to start a 2-player campaign, get halfway through, and then start a new single player campaign. Would I lose or retain the secrets collected during the 2-player campaign? Would it make a difference if I beat the game during the 2 player campaign (i.e. would I retain/lose secrets collected?)? Trying to figure out the best way to collect all the secrets w/out having someone to play with...

You can't get all the Secrets with 1 Player Campaign, If you don't remember, you need 2 Players to step on 2 stones every Map. The stones open doors to get secrets.
When you get every stone out of the way then you can Play 1 Player Campaign and finish up your Secret hunting.

This is important! Before you face the Final Boss Shang Tsung,Kintaro, Shao Kahn you should backtrack everywhere because at this point you should have the special moves that you need to get to certain areas for the treasures

In case anyone is wondering, if you start a game, collect some secrets, and then start a new game, the collected secrets will count as collected in the new game.

Here's what I mean.

1.) Start a game (single player or co-op)
2.) Collect 3 secrets (out of 68)
3.) Start a new game (single player or co-op)
4.) The secrets collected in the old game from step 1 will carry over to the new game in step 3. In other words, there are only 65 secrets to collect in the new game. Experience gained in the old game, however, does not carry over to the new game.