PS3 Version to Support Custom Soundtracks (NOT an exclusive feature)

Ermac1314

NRS has announced that the PS3 version of Mortal Kombat will take advantage of the now widely-used Custom Soundtrack feature! Gamers who want to play Mortal Kombat with their own playlists and pull off fatalities with their own background music can do so. Furthermore, this feature is now included in the PS3 demo, so you can get a taste of both the developer music and whatever you choose so that you can decide which you like better before the April 19th release.

Re: Another PS3 Exclusive!

I think the 360 exclusive should be autographed dildos. Because they obviously want us to go **** ourselves :(

Can't be too mad at NRS, or even WB for the matter. PS3 has a feature Xbox doesn't have. Can't blame anyone but Aldo for this one.

This feature has been around for Xbox 360 since the original Xbox, i don't see why a feature such as this is exclusive to ps3, cause its not like the xbox can't do the same.

The PS3 seems to be way easier for developers to add the option for custom music for whatever reason......

Well if the decission for this was sorely based on it being easier, that's a pretty bad sign.

It's in the demo. Also Xbox 360 has this by default so calm down guys.

Can't you use custom soundtracks for all 360 games?

This feature has been around for Xbox 360 since the original Xbox, i don't see why a feature such as this is exclusive to ps3, cause its not like the xbox can't do the same.

The PS3 seems to be way easier for developers to add the option for custom music for whatever reason......

Who said it's PS3 exclusive? ALL Xbox games can do this and I bet you the 360 version will still have it. It's a "feature" for PS3 because it's not normal for their games to support it.

The 360 has it, but it doesn't work the same as a custom soundtrack feature. The 360's music player blankets the game with music, so you don't hear much of the games sounds and ambiance. You still get the full experience of the game while also getting your music in there at appropriate times. I'd like the custom feature to be menu music and fatality music, and that's it.

Link for proof?

I just accessed the demo on my Ps3, and... custom soundtracks work. I never tried it previously though, so I can't confirm anything....360 has always had an easier time with playing music content while a game plays though. It doesn't need to have the feature enabled, so I see no problem here. I'm calling BS. Why would they disable the 360's music playing capability in the game?

Alright, I may have to get this for PS3 (have a 360 TE on reserve) just to load it up with my collection of retro MK music.

Custom soundtracks isn't an exclusive feature.

However, the PS3 version will allow you to replace the in-game music with your own soundtrack, something that the Xbox 360 version will not allow.

So if you guys want to play with some TEST YOUR MIGHT, you better get the PS3 version. Plus all of the other added benefits of it being the superior version of the two.

While in the demo click the PS button then go to the music section on your XMB and click on the music you wish to hear.