Stryker

Jade

Stryker

9816-bio_stryker_large.gif

Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 169 lbs
Resides: Earthrealm

Stryker's biography screen in Mortal Kombat 3 revealed that he was the leader of the Riot Control Brigade when Outworld's portal opened over New York City. He attempted to keep order among the populace in the ensuing chaos, but soon all human souls were taken by Shao Kahn with the exception of those that belonged to the chosen warriors. Stryker did not understand why he had been spared until he received a vision from Raiden, instructing him to head west in order to meet with the other chosen warriors and learn about the importance of his survival. Although he did not wish to be one of the few souls that was spared, he entered the fray with the intention of avenging the lives of the innocent that he had vowed to serve and protect. Along with the other warriors, Stryker assisted in liberating Earthrealm from Shao Kahn's clutches. He later reappeared in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon with a complete redesign, including clothing resembling riot gear.

In Stryker's Armageddon ending, he defeats Blaze and becomes so powerful that he feels can no longer be restricted by law. He becomes a vigilante and plans to strike down all the wicked himself.

Signature Moves
Baton Trip (MK3, UMK3, MKT, MK 2011)
Grenade (MK3, UMK3, MKT, MK:A, MK 2011)
Stun Gun (MK:A, MK:2011)
Gun Blast (UMK3, MKT, MK:A, MK:2011)
Double grenade (MKT)

Fatalities
Taser (MK3, UMK3, MKT)
Explosives (MK3, UMK3, MKT)
Tase Gun Brutality (MK 2011)

Other Finishers
Friendship: Stryker blows a whistle and holds up a stop sign while motioning for pedestrians to cross. (MK3, UMK3, MKT)
Animality: T-Rex (MK3, UMK3, MKT)​

I felt it necessary to post here. Stryker will be one of my mains and I can't wait to see how he turns out, since he looks amazing.

Thanks for all the hard work, by the way, Jade.

Awesome, I had to post here as well too. I've liked Stryker since he was introduced in MK3 and he's been one of my favorite characers since. I wonder if they'll incorporate his nightstick into his normal combos, like NRS did with Kabal's hookswords. The bit of Stryker's X-ray was pretty awesome too!

I like all the MK Characters...For me, It all went bad after Trilogy, When those 'New' Characters kame in.
But stryker is one of the people I'm not fond of alot, More of a 'Meh' Character for me. He's just another Policeman...No different than a Regular.

I like all the MK Characters...For me, It all went bad after Trilogy, When those 'New' Characters kame in.
But stryker is one of the people I'm not fond of alot, More of a 'Meh' Character for me. He's just another Policeman...No different than a Regular.

That was one of the reasons why I liked him; in an universe of ice freezes, fireballs, and soul stealers stands a guy with a nightstick and a pistol with a backwards cap ready to jump into the fray. I can understand why people don't like him, but he's pretty cool to me.

That was one of the reasons why I liked him; in an universe of ice freezes, fireballs, and soul stealers stands a guy with a nightstick and a pistol with a backwards cap ready to jump into the fray. I can understand why people don't like him, but he's pretty cool to me.

I mean, Stryker is awesome in my Opinion, its just his gameplay, He acts like one of those regular cops, Only if he was a bit more Important in the story is all I ask...Oh wait...The story is changing...He might be Important now.

I mean, Stryker is awesome in my Opinion, its just his gameplay, He acts like one of those regular cops, Only if he was a bit more Important in the story is all I ask...Oh wait...The story is changing...He might be Important now.

I hope he has his own chapter in the story mode. (I haven't seen any of the spoilers/leaks). Yeah, he could have an important role in MK9, imagine him being the MK champion or something; that would piss off alot people of lol. If he's like his UMK3 character, I'll be even happier because he had so many windows for juggles.

Kurtis Stryker is no doubt an offbeat kharacter, but he kame along when MK was changing. MK3 shook up the status quo konsiderably with the addition of run, no Scorpion, animalities and an overall wackier tone. Having said that, I don't think he is out of place for that game, and having seen what NRS has done with him aesthetically for MK(2011), I'm very pleased. I personally will not be playing Stryker myself, but I think he is a badass addition to the game and will not take him lightly as an opponent. As far as his role in the story? Doesn't matter, everyone will have a role to play, as we kan now enjoy what is basically a "soft reset" of the MK lore.

I hope he has his own chapter in the story mode. (I haven't seen any of the spoilers/leaks). Yeah, he could have an important role in MK9, imagine him being the MK champion or something; that would piss off alot people of lol. If he's like his UMK3 character, I'll be even happier because he had so many windows for juggles.

Juggles? lol Yup, You saw him in the Demo montage Smackin' Nightwolf around with his Baton & Pistol with a big Pop-up Kombo.
ghgg.png

Kurtis Stryker is no doubt an offbeat kharacter, but he kame along when MK was changing. MK3 shook up the status quo konsiderably with the addition of run, no Scorpion, animalities and an overall wackier tone. Having said that, I don't think he is out of place for that game, and having seen what NRS has done with him aesthetically for MK(2011), I'm very pleased. I personally will not be playing Stryker myself, but I think he is a badass addition to the game and will not take him lightly as an opponent. As far as his role in the story? Doesn't matter, everyone will have a role to play, as we kan now enjoy what is basically a "soft reset" of the MK lore.
Wacky is the perfect word lol, Kabal's mask fatality comes to mind whenever I think of MK3/UMK3 haha. I like how NRS made every character they released not only unique, but all of them are likeable and cool in their own way.

Juggles? lol Yup, You saw him in the Demo montage Smackin' Nightwolf around with his Baton & Pistol with a big Pop-up Kombo.
ghgg.png

You should have seen my face when I saw that combo haha; he's gonna be so awesome. I wonder if he'll have his own combo trailer like the others did; probably not, but I hope we at least see some more gameplay of him.

More gameplay would be most choice. However I'm getting to the point where I don't want to see much more fatalities shown or otherwise kool stuff that would be more fun seeing upon release for yourself. I know there are a ton of secrets left to discover, so I'm not too worried.