Nitara

Jade

Nitara

280px-Nitara-alli.jpg

Height: ?
Weight: ?
Resides: Outworld

Nitara spent a very long time trying to find a mysterious orb that bound her realm to Outworld before actually discovering its location. The orb, however, was inaccessible to her, submerged under molten lava. Fortunately for her, at one point she had spotted the Outer World Investigation Agency agent Cyrax traveling across Outworld. With his cybernetic body, he would be able to descend into the lava and come back with the orb, unharmed.

But she realized she would need to offer the cyborg something in exchange for his services. Seeing Reptile as an easily exploitable fool, she presented him with a Kirehashi blade, an artifact of Reptile's Zaterran realm, and revealed to him the location of Kitana's military encampment. After Reptile discovered the dead body of Shao Kahn, he offered his services to Nitara, grateful for her apparent kindness. He pledged to serve her, and she commanded him to attack Cyrax, describing him as an Earthrealm invader, and explaining he could be weakened by destroying his arm console, which Nitara was aware the cyborg used to travel between realms.

Reptile did as instructed, and fled after being frightened away by one of Cyrax's attacks. Nitara introduced herself to Cyrax immediately after, and made her proposal: having the ability to traverse realms through the powers of her gemstone, she would send him home, under the condition that he retrieve the orb for her. Although hesitant to trust her, Cyrax accepted, having little choice. The two journeyed to the orb's location, Onaga's incubation chamber. There, both parties held up their end of the bargain: Cyrax descended into the lava and retrieved the orb, and Nitara sent the cyborg home. With the orb in her hands, her plans had come to a successful conclusion. She then smashed it into pieces on the floor, separating her realm from Outworld at last. The ordeal knocked her unconscious, but when she awoke, she was home. She then made it her mission to protect the realm's fragile stability.

During the events of Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, mass genocides of her people began to occur in her realm. The wounds on the bodies indicated that the attacker used a mystical kriss known as "Datusha", which is described as existing solely to slay vampires. Nitara is sent by her people's elders to a crater in Edenia so as to find a prophecized force of great power that would be able to destroy the blade. While traveling there, she came upon the demon Ashrah, the possessor of Datusha who was slaughtering vampires in the belief that it was purifying her soul. To protect the rest of her race, Nitara defeated Ashrah and continued on her journey into Edenia, planning to lure her attacker to the Edenian weapon where it may be used against her.

In Nitara's Armageddon ending, Blaze's godlike power transformed her into a blood god. She then used this power to transform every single kombatant, beginning with Shao Kahn, into her vampire slaves. With this army, she would begin her conquest of all the realms.

Signature Moves
Unicorn Kick (MK:DA, MK:A)
Blood Spit (MK:DA, MK:A)
Quick Escape (MK:A)

Fatalities
Blood Lust (MK:DA)​

She should just lose those wings while in a fighting stance. Then when she's going to do a move or fly, that's when she should show her wings.

She is my favorite character from the Deadly Alliance era of games. I really hope she someday returns in a future game.

Interesting kharacter. I don't hate her. A serious revamp(pun intended!) kould revive this one. I imagine her more like Nyssa from Blade II, sleek, sexy and deadly without looking like a third rate hoo'er off the street.

Last edited:
It's either, her, Bloodrayne, and/or some other female vampire (not Mileena because she's Tarkatan) should be playable in MK 2011.

Vampires and MK are very similar: both dark, gothic, mythology, gory, with fantasy elements. A vampire could fit very well into Mortal Kombat.

However, I think for Nitara to become a great/good character, she needs a serious revamp. She looks silly- lose the wings and the Count Chocolate look.

I always found Nitara to be the oddest MK character.

I don't hate her or anything, but out of everybody, I think she fits into the MK universe the least.

I mean, it's weird, they just randomly decided to make something up about a vampire world? We've never heard of vampires before or since in MK. Why not just have werewolves, mummies, and Frankensteins? Nitara is much more a Darkstalkers character than an MK fighter.

Besides, I always felt that Nitara was a pretty blatant ripoff of Marukka from Thrill Kill. What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFskumzJcCg

Vampires and MK are very similar: both dark, gothic, mythology, gory, with fantasy elements. A vampire could fit very well into Mortal Kombat.

However, I think for Nitara to become a great/good character, she needs a serious revamp. She looks silly- lose the wings and the Count Chocolate look.

^ This!

@Cyndrix: She is kind of like Marukka.

She was completely useless.
Randomly teleported to Outworld then sent back.
Someone get John an Oscar for that compelling story :roll eyes:

I didn't really think introducing vampires was that great an idea I prefer original creations from Outworld like the Tarkatan, and Shokkan. I really think that she'd be alot cooler if she was a hideous monster vampire and not the girl from Darkstalkers. Even if she just transformed into a horrid bat creature or something. The centaur Mitaro got a devil horns and tail and that made him original I think Nitara needs some customization as well.

"I mean, it's weird, they just randomly decided to make something up about a vampire world? We've never heard of vampires before or since in MK. Why not just have werewolves "

In a world where people turn into animals to maim their enemys, vampires are definatly not to wierd for mk, and I think you could call Nightwolf a werewolf?...but your right that she meets all of the darkstalkers requirements!!

Still the hottest Mortal Kombat character yet, now for the great story in the next game... Please?

Nope wouldn't say the hottest but Nitara brought something to the MK universe...don't know what exactly it was, but it was something. And i don't dispute the fact that Vampires fit into the MK universe, it's just the way they made Nitara that I have the problem. It could've been better, but they failed at that!