Kira

Jade

Kira

280px-MKD_Kira.jpg

Height: 5' 5"
Weight: 121 lbs
Resides: ?

In the mountains of Afghanistan, Kira had disguised herself as a man, and sold weapons to terrorist organizations. During one such transaction in a cave, her gender was revealed, and she had no choice but to fight her way out. Emerging victorious, she encountered Kabal, who had been waiting outside to behold the victor. He had decided to reconstitute the Black Dragon, and observing how Kira conducted herself in executing her misdeeds in a cold and calculated fashion, he was reminded of the Red Dragon, the organization from which the Black Dragon split. Since the Black Dragon did not have this presence, Kabal offered to make Kira his first recruit. Accepting, Kira devoted herself to her new organization.

In Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, Taven finds her and Kobra guarding a bridge in the Botan Jungle, near the Black Dragon stronghold. While Kobra stays behind to fight off Taven, Kira moves ahead to regroup with Kabal.

In Kira's Armageddon ending, she defeated Blaze and attained divine power, but in the battle, Kobra had been slain. Kira channeled her newfound energy into Kobra's body, slowly returning him to life. As Kobra regained consciousness, he reveled in the surge of godlike power and prevented Kira from severing their bond. Kobra then killed her and stole the power from her. He felt no remorse, feeling that she was weak and should have left him dead. In Kobra's ending, he chooses Kira to rule all realms by his side as Lady of the Realms, and the Elder Gods transform her into a goddess of death. When she kisses him, his body is reduced to ashes, as a lesson to those that make demands of the Elder Gods.

Signature Moves
Black Dragon Ball (MK:D, MK:A)
Kiss Of Death (MK:D, MK:A)
Night Shade (MK:D, MK:A)

Fatalities
Torso Rip (MK:D)
Dragon's Shotgun (MK:D)

Other Finishers
Hara-Kiri: Knives Stab (MK:D)​

I think Kira has a lot of untapped potential. They could do a lot with a female Black Dragon member who is similar to Sonya.

She could be:
- the long lost sister/best-friend of Sonya who went bad.
- Kabal's girlfriend, but then when he gets scarred, she hooks up with Kano, leading to animosity/a-rivalry between the two
- Kano's girlfriend who is secretly cheating with Mavado/Kobra, etc.
- Mavado and the Red Dragon's "girl" who then switched over to the Black Dragon and Kano, leading to further bad blood.

-Or several of the above.

She could turn into a really interesting character.

I think I have used Kira a total of 3 times.

And that was just to see her finishers :?

Despite violent nature of serie, MK had only few female characters lusting for power and murder. Mileena and Frost were the exceptions, Tanya was rely on intrigue and treachery so Kira filled role of pure brute force perfectly. I'd like to see her in DLC/MK10 with more independent status, being something more than Havik's/Kabal's pawn... but not necesarily :] Of course, with her own brand new moveset.

Kabal's now Quan Chi's servant and not intrested in Black Dragon, so Kira/Kobra can be recruited by Havik himself or maybe by Kano.

Always didn't understand her anti-hype.

I hope she comes back but they make her more original. She does feel like an anti-Sonya which is really cool. Kinda like Mileena to Kitana

Last edited:
It's either they make her original or make her be a secret outfit of Kano (like with Eddie Gordo and Christie Monteiro of Tekken). The same with Mokap and Johnny Cage. As for Meat, I'd rather have him not be playable.

I like the "anti Sonya" idea. She needs one helluva makeover and an original move list but that could be said about a lot of MK:DA & post characters. She'll definitely need a unique hair color so as to set Skarlet apart. A lighter red or something with streaks maybe. You know what...f*ck it. Just make her look like Gemma, Katey Sagal's character in Sons of Anarchy. Add a pinch of zazz and there ya go!

Kira >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kobra

I wouldn't mind seeing Kira being portrayed as like a streetsmart, untrustworthy and gold-digging type of girl. She wouldn't be above deceiving people (mostly men) to get what she wants, sort of like Tanya except Kira would be a lot more reckless and raunchy

She looks like a bug in the picture at the top. Like a Praying Mantis had non consensual sex with a red head.

I hate Skarlet. I really hope she doesn't make a return, since her character was so random.

I want Kira to return, revamped, and work with Kano.

I really think Boon and co. dropped the ball with Kira in these two ways.

1. Her Moveset. This has got to be one of the biggest offenders right here. Why base her moveset off of two people she never even met in the storyline? Why base her moveset off of any of the others characters to begin with? She could have got her own special moves outside of one and her own weapons. That right there could have made her stand out for the right reasons as opposed to the reason of being a cheap knockoff of two other characters. Want to know what I would have done for her (or even do for her in the new continuity)?
Weapons:
AlienFuturisticSpikedTri-BladeHandClaw.jpg
I would have gave/ would give her a a tri-blade hand claw. In this series, it would have been/ would be unique enough to stand out. I would have made it/make it so that they are closed (to simply look like a cool accessory on her gloves-fitting with Kira's deceitful nature of hiding her true self), and then when the player switched over to the weapons in Deception etc, the blades would come out for her to attack with. I would have/ would even made/make it so that they were/are a part of her projectile.

Moveset
1.Three Fall (Projectile)- While Night Shade wasn't a bad projectile, I didn't think it really fit her character as well as it could have. With the Three Fall, the Blades in her claw would/will shoot out in three directions. I think this would have been a good counter to those opponents that like to sidestep projectiles because they still would have most likely ran into one anyway. (Deception, Armageddon, MK10)
For MK10-Along with the above, I would have gave her two different versions of this move,
-Air Three Fall- Shoots blades in air horizontally.
-Diagonal Air Three Fall- Shoots the blades from a diagonal angle.
2. Rebel Spin- A Cartwheel Kick, something similar to Killer Instinct favorite, Orchid's Flick Flak in KI2 (not the KI1 and KI 2013 version). In Deception and Armageddon, this would have lead to a juggle of the opponent. (Deception, Armageddon, MK10)
Watch this video starting at 2:00 to see the move if you have never play KI2 to see the move.
3. Covert Affairs- Stun Move. Now as much as I hated her having the kiss of death because that is a Sonya signature, there is nothing wrong with her having a stun move as long as it looks different (Scorpion's Spear to Sub Zero's Freeze). I'm think that this move should consider her sneaky nature. In this move, she would pull some bagged dust out of her pocket (maybe it's something she got off the black market), throw it over the opponent, stunning them, and immediate put it away as if she did nothing wrong.

2. Her Storyline. I mean reading her backstory, there was definitely potential there. A woman pretending to be a man to selling illegal things and then when caught, proceeded to eliminate everyone. She came across so sneaky and treacheous, not to mention fearless and ruthless. Also making her a female Black Dragon member was an interesting idea, but IMO was not executed well. Her rivalry with Kobra did neither their or the Black Dragon's storyline any favors. I just feel the Black Dragon were done and over at that point in the story. I mean Kano, the man associate most with the group, was no where to be found. I would have loved to see her type of character around when the Black Dragon were more important to certain characters storyline (i.e MK3 or MKDA). This goes for fellow members like Jarek and Kobra. They all would have been more useful during the times that Sonya (and Jax less so) was all about taking down the Black Dragon and when Mavado and Hsu Hao, aka the Red Dragon, shown up in the story. At least we definitely would have gotten to see a group of Black Dragon members working together all at once, as opposed to one or two at a time, a Kira/Sonya rivalry got out of it due to the two being polar opposites, and stuff like her pretending to be a man in order to infiltrate the Red Dragon to get info to eliminate them and/or we could have possibly seen a deception storyline in which Kira betrays Kano, bumps him out the Black Dragon, and become the new leader out for world domination. These scenarios would have used those elements of treachery and deceit from her background and signified her importance as an evil threat. Any of these is better than what we got. I just feel she came beyond her time, almost too late in the storyline.

However they did do a good job on her look if you ask me (granted with those large breasts, I don't know how she ever successfully masqueraded as a man). The red hair goes with her fiery and BA attitude, her outfit is unique and functional, and her face gives off the don't F with me vibe. I just wish everything else was done as well but Kira is still full of nothing but potential IMO.

Last edited: