Jarek

Jade

Jarek

360px-MKA_Jarek.jpg

Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 205 lbs
Resides: Earthrealm

Jarek made his first chronological appearance in Mortal Kombat: Special Forces. Kano freed him and the other Black Dragon members (No Face, Tasia and Tremor) from a United States Special Forces detention facility. Kano had proposed to reform the Black Dragon clan, but in reality merely wished to use them as pawns in order to slow down any Special Forces agents who may have followed him. Jarek was stationed as head of security at a downtown office which the clan was using as a front for their activities. While there, he was confronted by Major Jackson Briggs on the building's helipad. Jarek was defeated and believed dead by Jax after their battle. He was the only Black Dragon member besides Kano to survive an encounter with Jax.

Shortly before the events of Mortal Kombat 4, Jarek fled to Edenia after learning of Kano's apparent death. Now thought to be the last surviving member of the Black Dragon, he was pursued by Lt. Sonya Blade and Jax who were seeking to destroy the last remnants of the clan forever. However, seeing that all of humanity was faced the threat of Shinnok's invasion during this period, they decided to focus their attention on the new threat, and Jarek agreed to help his sworn enemies defeat this common foe. After the destruction of Shinnok's forces, he resisted allowing himself to be turned over to the Special Forces. The encounter concluded with Jarek running off to Sonya and trying to push her off the cliff: in Sonya's ending, Jarek proceeds to fall to his apparent death; Jarek's ending picks up where Sonya's left off, with Jarek hanging from the edge of the cliff, who proceeds to reach up, grab Sonya, and toss her from the cliff; Jax's ending picks up following Jarek's, with Jax suddenly appearing, grabbing Jarek by the neck, holding him over the edge of the cliff, and dropping him. Mortal Kombat: Armageddon reveals that he survived this brush with death by driving his weapon into the ravine side, slowing down his fall enough so that he only ended up gravely injured. Using his presumed demise as a cover, Jarek went into hiding and began to master new fatality techniques in order to exact revenge on his adversaries. However, he became frustrated with the difficulties that his injuries befell him, and soon he wished to do nothing more than to kill everyone. Quan Chi found Jarek and promised him that, in return for aiding the side of the Forces of Darkness, the sorcerer would give him the ability to enhance the strength and capabilities of his fatalities, and he would be given a chance to challenge all of his foes at once. Jarek agreed and headed into Edenia to take part in the final battle.

In Jarek's Armageddon ending, he defeats Blaze, and the chi from all the other warriors begins to flow through the firespawn and funnel into him. He starts to feel as if Death itself were guiding his actions. Sealing off the crater, Jarek begins to perform the other fighters' own signature fatalities on them, eventually finishing them all.

Signature Moves
Tri-Blade (MK4, MKG)
Cannonball Roll (MK4, MKG)
Rhino Stomp (MK4, MKG, MK:A)
Lasso Snatch (MK:A)
Tricky Switch (MK:A)
Flying Legs (MK:A)

Fatalities
Eye Laser (MK4, MKG)
Heart Rip (MK4, MKG)​

I hope Jarek, Tremor, No Face and Tasia all make a cameo in the new game at the Black Dragon Warehouse.

I hope Jarek, Tremor, No Face and Tasia all make a cameo in the new game at the Black Dragon Warehouse.

That would be pretty cool.

I think Jarek needs more of a unique identity. I imagine him as the cowardly, scheming member of the Black Dragon, which sets him apart from Kano, Kabal, and Kira. A coward always out for his own skin, as opposed to Kano who often is the general of an army.

Jarek should only be a cameo and make a story appearance, not a fightable appearance.

He should get kidnapped by the Red Dragons and Kabal goes and rescues him, but gets jumped in the process.
****ing up his body even more.

Jarek should only be a cameo and make a story appearance, not a fightable appearance.

He should get kidnapped by the Red Dragons and Kabal goes and rescues him, but gets jumped in the process.
****ing up his body even more.

How much worse off can poor Kabal get!?
If I ever see a Jarek appearance, it's gotta involve cake somehow.

Top half of Kabal's head could be cybernetic like Kano.

What do you mean by Jarek and cake?
Surprise MK themed stripper?

"Where's My CAAAKKKEEE!!!" That was hilarious.

Wow, the voice acting was... wow... anyway..

As for Jarek, maybe he could become something like Quan Chi's enforcer/lackey, since Quan Chi promised him all that power.

I always thought he said "I'm so gayyeyeyey"
Thats the fun thing about MK gibberish, everyone is right :)

i always thought he says i'm so gay!!! no where's my cake kk , but nevertheless that laught is pretty funny

Maybe it can be changed to Jarek is Kano's apprentice and right hand hand man that's why their fighting styles are similar. Jarek should be a dedicated follower of the Black Dragon and Kano.

That would be pretty cool.

I think Jarek needs more of a unique identity. I imagine him as the cowardly, scheming member of the Black Dragon, which sets him apart from Kano, Kabal, and Kira. A coward always out for his own skin, as opposed to Kano who often is the general of an army.

I think Kano's more of a cowardly character that only looks out for himself. Jarek's more a rebellious, yet faithful member of the Black Dragon. Plus, he should be more a bloodthirsty fighter that likes to brutally kills his victims.

Kano doesn't just look out for himself.

He went into the middle of a battlefield to rescue Kabal.

Kano doesn't just look out for himself.

He went into the middle of a battlefield to rescue Kabal.

Only because it would benefit him if he can get Kabal to come back within the Black Dragon, which you already know Kabal's answer. The only time Kano goes in to get someone else if it benefits him in the end, like money, weapon, etc. Everything else, he usually cares about himself.

Kano wanted his friend back.

He wanted him and Kabal to rule the Black Dragon.

He even gave Kabal his old Hookswords.

AND, he offered to kill a Lin Kuei, in a tick, NO CHARGE!

I actually think that if Jarek is to be in MK10 and they give him a massive (and I mean MASSIVE) overhaul, I could possibly like him. Yeah, and this is coming from the world class Jarek basher.

I actually think that if Jarek is to be in MK10 and they give him a massive (and I mean MASSIVE) overhaul, I could possibly like him. Yeah, and this is coming from the world class Jarek basher.

Yeah, no more lasso. What are you, Cowgirl Jarek?