Hotaru

This may sound weird, but I did enjoy seeing Hotaru dead in the beginning of MK9's story mode. It gave me a feeling that MK team has not forgotten about our favourite Seidan guardsman. I would definately want to see both him and Havik in MK10, I always found their rivalry to be one of the most interesting features in MKD.

This may sound weird, but I did enjoy seeing Hotaru dead in the beginning of MK9's story mode. It gave me a feeling that MK team has not forgotten about our favourite Seidan guardsman. I would definately want to see both him and Havik in MK10, I always found their rivalry to be one of the most interesting features in MKD.

LOL to me Hotaru and Havik's rivalry is 1,000,000x cooler and badass than Shao Kahn and Raiden's catfight

I want Hotaru back

If they made Hotaru less fugly and give him a look similar to his Deception alt, then he'd be irresistible

Last edited:
Alright. Could you explain Hotaru? Whats his purpose? I know he doedn't like Havil and Sib-Zero for some reason

Well, basically as the leader of the Seidan Guard, his job is to maintain order within his realm, the Orderrealm, and others at all costs, so he's essentially a neutral being

He didn't like Havik because he is basically the anti-thesis to order, being the Cleric of Chaos, plus Havik and his followers always cause trouble and disrupt the sacred order of the Orderrealm

He didn't like Sub-Zero in Deception because he opposed Onaga, whom Hotaru worshipped because he knew that order would be brought back to Outworld and all the realms under Onaga's rule, and he caused chaos by slaughtering a Tarkatan army in Outworld

IMO, if they play on his ruthlessness and make him a demi-god/a lot more powerful as the Guardian of Order, then he'd be a lot more badass than he is now