Dairou

Jade

Dairou

420px-MKD_Dairou.jpg

Dairou was once a highly respected Seidan guardsman, much like Hotaru, but he was imprisoned when he attacked and killed the man who he was led to believe murdered his family. In Deception's Konquest mode, Dairou is hired to free Shujinko from prison. In the present, he has been hired by Darrius to steal the constitution of Seido and to kill Hotaru. It is unknown if he succeeded or not, however both he and Hotaru returned in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon.

In Dairou's Armageddon ending, after defeating Blaze, he is awarded with a golden suit of armor. Shao Kahn, furious that the prize was stolen from him, attacked Dairou, but the armor burned him with every blow he tried to land. Eventually, Dairou defeated Kahn and claimed the throne to Outworld, which began to prosper just as it had before Kahn took over. Edenia and Earthrealm then forge an alliance with Outworld to uphold peace in the
realms.

Signature Moves
Tombstone Drop (MK:D, MK:A)
Stealthy Shadows (MK:D, MK:A)
Iron Leg (MK:D, MK:A)

Fatalities
Stretch and Slam (MK:D)
Eye Stab (MK:D)

Other Finishers
Hara-Kiri: Backbreaker (MK:D)​

I like the order vs chaos rivalry a lot (mainly for Havik and Hotaru, though Darrius is interesting too), but I think it would have been better if he was instead a monk rival of Liu Kang and Kung Lao.

I think it would be a good storyline if all three were students of Bo Rai Cho, but Dairou was corrupted, and became an arch-nemesis of them. It would tie all four characters together really well.

He just doesn't look like an MK character to me, I try and try and try, but just don't see it :?

Dairou kinda reminds me of this movie i saw on Spike a long time ago, I think it was called Iron Monkey not too sure. Anyway cool looking character, not too great in deception tho

IMO, the design was pretty cool, the story was stupid and the moves just awful and generic as f***.

I think the problem with Dairou is that he seemed like he had no overall theme to his abilities.

He had a teleport, a fire ball and a quake move. They just seemed out of place for a man that was originally pitched to us as a "sword for hire."

I like the design for him, I just think the problem is that he uses too many dull colors. Most of the MK cast wear about two, three colors tops, and it is usually one dominant color and then a highlight color. You look at Dairou and he has earth tones. I would probably decide to go with either the red and brown, or green and brown, not all three so that his outfit could appear more uniformed.

As for his moves, I think there are some things that could work in his favor, such as the double teleport. It could function as a mid range move that if he is able to catch his opponent in it, they become disoriented and it allows him to have a free hit. His ability to kick a projectile at his opponent I think would make sense, especially if they were to have him constantly wielding a short sword.

I see Dairou and I see a potential Earth manipulator, he looks awesome IMO, that brown and green costume is great.

He can be an awesome and original character if he reappears as the first character with earth based powers.

Dairou or Diarrhea as I call him, is 100% b!tch made.
I never liked the order realm vs chaos realm bull shit.

I say enough with randomly giving people vague powers on the presumption that they will be unique and original lol. They will just turn out to be a generic element based character. Dairou looks like a traditional chinese wing-chun master to me and he should remain that way. NRS should revolve around this concept while developing him in the future games.

I say enough with randomly giving people vague powers on the presumption that they will be unique and original lol. They will just turn out to be a generic element based character. Dairou looks like a traditional chinese wing-chun master to me and he should remain that way. NRS should revolve around this concept while developing him in the future games.

Elemental characters are my favourites =(

PS - Happy Feet? seriously? :laugh: Im just kidding =P

I think I actually like Dairou now. Now that I think about him. The shamed Chinese assassin. He should have a larger role in Shujinko's story. A good guy that had to do wrong things.