Fujin

Jade

Fujin

360px-MKA_Fujin.jpg

Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 240 lbs
Resides: Earthrealm

Fujin made his first chronological appearance in the spin-off game Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub Zero. He appeared here as one of the four guardians assigned by Raiden to protect Shinnok's amulet and was the first of the gods that Noob Saibot (by then the Elder Sub Zero) bested in order to acquire it (he is seen being torn asunder by his own tornado, but survived the ordeal).

He would remain inactive until the events of Mortal Kombat 4, being one of the few remaining Earthrealm gods not destroyed by Shinnok. He joined Raiden in his battle against his old enemy, assisting the Earthrealm forces in emerging victorious. After Shinnok's defeat, Fujin consulted with the Elder Gods. They revealed to him that he had a new task. Raiden appeared before him and informed him of his own impending ascension to the pantheon of Elder Gods. Knowing that the Earthrealm would need of a new protector, Raiden chose Fujin. Fujin accepted the position and promised Raiden that he would not fail him.

During the time of Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, Fujin became aware of a stark change in Raiden. He saw that the thunder god, while still seeking to protect Earthrealm, had grown to be ruthless. Raiden was now commanding the reanimated corpse of Liu Kang, who was killing many innocent people for unknown reasons. Fujin allied with Kung Lao in hopes that they could possibly find a way to save both Raiden and Liu Kang. From Kung Lao he learned of Johnny Cage's gathering of the Forces of Light and the mention of the brothers Taven and Daegon. It is revealed that Fujin had been a friend of their family for ages, and that he had questioned their father Argus when the two disappeared. He realizes that Argus placed them on a quest, but now this quest was becoming corrupted by evil. Fujin then goes to search for both brothers, hoping to prevent their progress and learn the true purpose of their quest.

Fujin reappears in Armageddon's Konquest mode, confronting Taven outside of the Red Dragon Clan's headquarters. He urges him not to enter, even if that means he will have to fight Taven to stop him. They do battle, but in the end Taven emerges victorious, allowing him to continue his journey but feeling regret at having had to do this to a friend.

In Fujin's Armageddon ending, after Blaze's essence flows into him, his powers grew immensely. Fujin then creates a new realm made from the ones destroyed by Shao Kahn. It would be the new place of origin for the forces of good. Fujin also assigns Kung Lao to be his new general.

Signature Moves
Rising Knee (MK4, MKG)
Gusting Cyclone (MK4, MKG, MK:A)
Air Funnel (MK4, MKG, MK:A)
Wind Kick (MK4, MKG, MK:A)
Tornado Wind (MK:A)

Fatalities
Crossbow Kill (MK4, MKG)
Skinner (MK4, MKG)​

Fujin is one of the VERY few new characters I really like. I found his move set to be pretty easy to pull off, too.

Fujin isn't just another Mortal Kombat fighter that uses fire. He has tornadoes, that's right baby! Woo! Just like that cool cat from Fatal Fury, Joe Higashi.
fatal-fury1.jpg

I thought his Armageddon design was ugly in comparison to MK4's. I prefer Fujin to look more like this..
fujinaction2.jpg

This is my reaction to his Armageddon design..
joe-moon1.gif

Take that!

Fujin, storyline-wise, seems pretty pointless. It wasn't necessary to have two gods in MK4. Plus, wasn't he supposed to replace Raiden in the same way Shujinko was supposed to replace Liu Kang?!

I like Fujin in Armageddon because I can easily chain three special moves into one combo. Plus, he did had an important role in the storyline, although the team underplayed him real bad.

Here's the combo I mentioned when playing as him in Armageddon:

1.Tornado Wind>Air Funnel>Gusting Cyclone
2.Tornado Wind>Combo causing a juggle>Air Funnel>Gusting Cyclone
3.Pop-up Attack>Tornado Wind>Pop-up Attack>Air Funnel>Gusting Cyclone
4.Pop-up Attack>Tornado Wind>Pop-up Attack>Air Funnel>Combo>Gusting Cyclone

That's all I can remember. I thought of it as I was playing it. If anyone thought of it before I did, please pm me in a civilized way. Thanks.

Apart of Quan chi, if 3 more mk4 appears, i hope to see Reiko-Kai and Fujin, all them are xtreme powerful and underated fighters, the most probablity is gonna to see shinnok and Tanya, but i still preffer this bunch, the Gorient Shao Kanh wannabee, the tiger shaped black shaolin dude, and the windy god. :D

I really like Fujin, though I never played MK4 unfortunately. I got my first gameplay with him in Armageddon, and he was fun to play as. I hope he's DLC too.

Fujin was great in MK4, but in my experience, he was kinda hard to control.

His moves all linked together.

Personally, I liked Raiden more; Fujin's pastel blue and pink remind me of an easter egg, and that is the real turn off for me.